Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
He looks so determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Not a picture, but a story that still makes me pretty drat happy despite it happening a couple weeks ago.

On November 15, I was in a really bad car accident. My femur on my right side broke through the back of the hip joint, breaking the pelvis and the hip itself in an "s" shape. I had two procedures. The first one was done in the trauma bay, which was to pull my right leg out of my hip and keep it in place until I could have a proper surgery a few days later. The second was to get the skeletal traction out and to put two rows of plates and screws in my hip and pelvis area. I've been out of work since the accident, since I physically cannot walk, let alone do my job.

I had some personal time saved up, but not enough to cover the entire 6 months I'll be out of work, and even then, it's still too soon to tell if I'm able to do my job once I get back. I've already used up all of my sick time and FMLA after I injured my left knee over the summer. I have the paperwork to apply for long term disability, since that seems to be my only hope at this point.

About a week after I was discharged from the hospital, I get a letter in the mail from work. My coworkers donated almost two weeks of their paid personal time to me. Like... they gave up their vacation time, just so I could use it. The donations are confidential, so I have no idea who to thank. I know it's not much in the long run, but It still makes me tear up from their generosity.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

A few pages ago, I mentioned that I was in a horrible car crash in which my femur broke through the back of my pelvis and broke the hip as well. As a result of that, my right leg was pretty much dead weight and I could barely move it.

Today was my first physical therapy session, and it went really well. I ACTUALLY WALKED. I can't walk without using a walker for support, but I still actually took proper steps.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I've already worn myself out from doing the small bit of walking at therapy as well as walking around the house.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

King of dogs.

It's like Clifford come to life! :3

• Locked thread