Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CommissarMega posted:

I have to ask- wouldn't it hurt if she licked them? :ohdear:

Depends on which direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Short Penguin posted:

Dramatic wiggly noodle!

See, that just makes me think of this turtle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeeqrM8NkYw

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FouRPlaY posted:

I Googled and got this:

Are you sure that one isn't some kind of dog-lion crossbreed? So fuzzy. :3:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mocking Bird posted:

So handsome! So splotchy! :kimchi:

I am having a hard time coming to terms with losing Coco. Can anyone speak to what caused them to get a new pet after losing an old friend? I can't imagine replacing her, but the house is so empty. Or just joyful stories about bringing home new aminals :3:

For what it's worth, I'd say you're thinking about it the wrong way. You're not replacing Coco, you're providing another animal the opportunity to have a friend like she had.

To put it another way, love is not a finite resource or a zero sum game.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Ok, can someone explain to me why we bred a species of dog that has legs shorter than their jaws? I mean, yes they're absolutely adorable, but I assume there was a practical reason, at least initially.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Huh. Evolution is really clever sometimes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

It's about twelve times better if you're listening to this when you click that link.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tendai posted:

That's pretty freakin' cute :3: Just two dudes sharin' some candy.

Do snakes like sugar? I sort of assumed that wouldn't be high on their taste priorities as predators.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Kramjacks posted:

It's sniffin', not tastin'.

Right, forgot about that. The question still stands though.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm stressed out about tomorrow even though I shouldn't be (first computer build nervousness :science: )

You'll be fine. Just make sure you discharge yourself on the case before handling anything, read the instructions and don't try to force anything. They're really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Has Purina used that in an ad? because that would be perfect for a full page magazine ad with some caption about how it's great for young dogs.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

drrockso20 posted:

I think we could all use some happy little trees

Do remember to close the chat.

Such disruptive ruffians.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Inzombiac posted:

I've had all sorts of rodents in my life.
Once, while having two rats and one hamster in separate cages, the more affectionate rat would break out of his cage for the sole purpose of getting in the hamster cage and cuddling :3:

According to wikipedia, rats that escape their cages in lab tests will stick around to help others get out of their own, and when presented with the option to share food, most will do so almost reflexively.

They're pretty great.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Klaus88 posted:

When you're royalty, you can wear whatever the hell you want.

As demonstrated in the Emperor's new clothes.

Really, his only mistake in that story was not owning it.

Sneaky devils.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Clearly your only option is to go to an animal shelter and find another dog that needs a good home then.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fighting Trousers posted:

Yeah, it's a commercial, but drat if it didn't make me cry like a giant baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6WNSE0FnrQ

Honey Maid has been surprisingly awesome about things that you wouldn't really expect a corporation to handle so gracefully.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It's more that the monkey's comfortable sleeping next to him, but yeah, I doubt it's being mistreated. And primates are very clever, so the chain probably is the most practical way to keep it from finding something to cut a leash, wander off and get into mischief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

neonnoodle posted:

What's up with all these gay penguins?!

Well, they are the best dressed in the animal kingdom.

• Locked thread