Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

brushiebrushie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

Gettin' the cute thread up to speed!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Nordick posted:

I know we all like giving treats to fuzzy things in this thread, but could you please not feed the trolls anyways? Thanks.

For content, here's a photo of my cat:

BOOP THE NOSE. BOOP IT.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

It just looks so fat and squishy I just want to poke it.

Also, cute thread, I've been having a rough couple of days due to medication withdrawl. Can everyone post the squishiest looking animals they can find?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Stalin McHauntler posted:

Squishy stuff incoming

OH MY GOD. BELLY BELLY BELLY

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I love this thread so much. You're all really good people. :kimchi:

Edit: new page!

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Dec 3, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pilli posted:

Is it time for some talking/playing/singing animals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulg_7GxzbzA

This will never not be funny to me.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I love Maru. Anything involving him just makes me so happy. :3:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm loving dying, thank you for this

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

This is super friggin cute. Anyone have more stories of adorable old people?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

kinmik posted:

I only saw the flag as I posted it, then hoped you people wouldn't notice it, or at least not draw attention to it because this is the cute and adorable thread you loving goons.

I'm sure most of you have seen this picture. Silly leopard. :3:

Turns out it's A Thing.

:kimchi:

I would do the same thing if I had a tail that cute and poofy

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

OH MY GOD LOOK AT ITS BIG FAT FEETS :kimchi:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Sometimes it gets too cold to breathe through their sensitive noses, so they use their furry tails to warm the air up as they breathe with their mouths. Supposedly. Heard that secondhand, so I have no idea and can't find any credible source backing it up.

Here's some ducks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPajlIsKd0

Where can I find more things about animals getting happy endings from sad beginnings?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I love reading/watching stories like that.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Animal buddies will never not make me super happy.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I dunno if it really fits here, but I wanted to share my good news. I've been overweight for years due to crappy eating, depression and general not moving around. In November, I decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and so took to the gym and changed my diet. I weighed in today. I've lost 41 pounds. I'm not where I want to be yet, but just seeing the progress I've made in such a short time makes me feel amazing. :3: If any of you are struggling with getting into shape, please know that you can do it. We're all gonna make it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks guys! I feel much better about things in general, now, too. The exercise in combination with medication is really helping my depression.

On another happy note, today I saw a person with a big poofy dog (malamute?) and a chihuahua and they were dog buddies.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

No worries, guys, moles are very good at finding new places to live on the fly. I used to live on a farm when I was little and when the fields got irrigated you'd get a fuckton of moles running for new shelter- they usually would end up chilling out in the horse fields or in the yard. Really, anywhere with soft dirt and worms is good enough for them. They're hardy, resourceful little bros.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Did someone say elephant shrew

https://vine.co/v/ODdrIJvggbl

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

kinmik posted:

Are we talking about awesome dance videos? How about some Genki Sudo?
World Order
The first video that took the world by storm

Machine Civilization
Shortly after the 2011 tsunami disaster

HAVE A NICE DAY
I like the chorus, alright?

I love Genki Sudo! He used to be an MMA fighter, iirc. He quit that to do this. :3: I think that's really cute.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Tracula posted:

Reminds me of one of my favorite craigslist posts.

gimme dat catsnake

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Miz Kriss posted:

A few pages ago, I mentioned that I was in a horrible car crash in which my femur broke through the back of my pelvis and broke the hip as well. As a result of that, my right leg was pretty much dead weight and I could barely move it.

Today was my first physical therapy session, and it went really well. I ACTUALLY WALKED. I can't walk without using a walker for support, but I still actually took proper steps.

Yay for you! I'm really happy you're making a recovery.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Pussyfooting around.

Eeeee that is so cute why is he walking like that?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Owls are just air cats.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hype posted:

Going back to possum chat from a few pages ago, this is my pet short-tailed opossum, Pepper.

I've had her almost 3 years now and she's been an absolutely wonderful pet. Fully litter trained, comes running when I make kissy noises at her, and loves sleeping in jacket pockets. She's actually curled up and fast asleep in my lap as I type this. :kimchi:

And as an added bonus, she glows neon orange/pink under a black light! :pcgaming:

Oh my goooood. How did you end up with Pepper for a pet?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Ahahahahahahahaha thank you for these, I'm dying.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

IslamoNazi posted:

Hey thread, looking for some ideas to help out a few friends.

One of my close friends has taken a really big fall out bushwalking and is in a super bad state. There is not a lot I can do to help her right now but want to do some nice stuff for her partner. Currently have card sorted and am cooking up a bunch of food so he can spend more time with her in hospital and come home to have a lazy burrito to pull out of the freezer or what ever. Looking for some other ideas that might help out a bit.

Have some bush rats

That's really sweet of you to do. Honestly, the fact that hee doesn't have to worry about cooking is probably a huge help. I'd suggest also throwing together a basket of fun things he can take to the hospital to share with his wife.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Thanks for these suggestions. I'm wracking my brain for ideas to help my stepmom, but she can't really read in the hospital since her vision is still a bit blurry, and small text gives her a headache and could send her into relapse (she has Guillain-Barre and they're doing everything they can to keep her from setbacks). She's always liked to read, so I wonder if a book on tape would help? Or some language lessons? She's still pretty weak--was only able to sit up for a few minutes yesterday, propped up--but her mind is clear and she must be bored to pieces.

In exchange for your kindness, I offer an ACTUAL mimicking raven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXU7o0fYII

Almost too easy: lil Lil Bub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nYvJY2C9B4

And, I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been posted before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Check out audible.com, librivox.com, and your local library site. My library lets you check out audiobooks online, you can download them and put them on your mp3 player or whatever.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

So my bird is being super sweet today.

Please excuse the bedhead, I just woke up.

This is Fuji. He's my sweet little butt nugget. He's usually not this cuddly, so it's a rare occasion. :3:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

In other news, I am sorely tempted to get a ferret. Please do not post tons of cute ferrets to tempt me.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Did somebody say

budgies?

Budgies are great companions! I used to have two, until my little Tokyo passed away. I still have Fuji, who is the most adorable little rear end in a top hat I could have ever asked for. Budgies are pretty chatty, and they like to burble/peep pretty much all the time. They're not teh most cuddly of birds, but if you want a buddy to sit on your shoulder and talk in your ear and groom your eyebrows, then budgies are great.

You should also consider lovebirds!

FluxFaun has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Feb 11, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Beardless posted:

You should get another one, from what I understand they don't do too well on their own. My ex had a couple of Budgies, and after one died they got another pretty quickly.

Edit: I did some more reading, and as long as you socialize with it every day it'll be fine. It still might not hurt to get another though.

I know I should get Fuji another buddy, but losing Tokyo hurt me so badly that I'm just not ready. :smith:

Don't worry, Fuji gets two hours out of the cage with me every day, and my desk is right by his cage, so he's never alone.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWjZcbv2uI

Aw, I know you're evil incarnate but gosh you're so cute while you're doing it!

Oh my god, this had me crying. The way his little paw sneaks out after she says no. "What are you gonna do about it, human?"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Goddamn I almost killed myself laughing. I gotta stop reading this thread while eating.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I never wanted a bird in my life until this damned thread. Now I really, really want some cute cuddly little birbs that will sit on my shoulder and let me pet them while making cute noises, but I have two cats. :cry:

Hey dude, you can have birds and cats. I have a big old man cat who's greatest pleasure in life is hunting, but I also have an adorable tiny bird. Just shut the cats out of the room for a bit. They'll whine, but be okay.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

https://vine.co/v/OtBiBMFY0dD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

owls are just feathered cats. :kimchi:

• Locked thread