Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We have a lot of really cute critters. Here are some pics of me and Out of Band II when us and our kitties were stupid kids in a crap apartment.

If the glass contains water instead of milk, Walter just tips it over and walks away. He's named after a bad guy from the Dark Tower.

Helena is cute as gently caress and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Davey really liked napping with us when he was little. Now he's just a big fat surly thing but we love him. He's blind in one eye.

Charlie sleeping with my drop spindle. She and her sister Wolff really, really love wool. I have to fight to keep them out of my llama fluff.

We love the gently caress out of these guys. All of 'em are rescues but Walter and Helena.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Geolicious posted:

Cat family!!! :neckbeard:

We have a joke in the family that if you adopt a cat you're serious about the relationship. My inlaws have four too. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend got two kittens last year and promptly got engaged.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Had a really lovely month and this one is just looking like it's just going to get worse. Politely requesting more adorable pictures of snakes like Mr. Car Snake above.

Also here, have this little guy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Look at that smiling lizard face! Okay that's just as good as snakes. Thank you :)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Emus vs. the deadly weasel ball: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=eHpYBwzlfTc

Dinosaur birds just don't know how big they are :kimchi:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I have a huge request for happy critters of the cat and reptile persuasion. Thanks.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 09:50 on Jul 8, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Charlie likes my yarn. She has no idea what a sheep is but man it must smell great.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hah worth it

E: beaten

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I really want one of those weird cats.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

Any more fat birbs? :ohdear:

Are baby emus, ostriches and quail okay? I find little fluffy dinosaurs pretty damned cute.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Jan 16, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Ringtail cats are the cutest desert creature. One took over my mom's outdoor tool cabinet for like a month.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

ǝɹǝɥʇ ᴉɥ

HI

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jan 17, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pet bobcats are great (as long as you have the knowledge/ability to keep them.)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

When I was little one of our barn cats ran off and we last saw her hanging out at our Catholic church. I just assume that a place can't be all bad if it's full of adorable cats.

(not my cat)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

My friend has a Flemish and she's awesome. Definitely recommend getting one if you like cute, friendly, huggable creatures that look adorable taking over your couch and aren't a smelly pain in the rear end to care for.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Monkey nap!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pigs of all sizes make great pets and man they're adorable :kimchi:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Foxhound posted:

I know you shouldn't keep wild, undomesticated animals as pets, but I really do want my own catdog. :3:

Russia started trying to domesticate foxes in 1959 to see how fast they could domesticate a wild animal-- yeah, they're still a bit wild, but they won't tear your face off and they wag their tails and do cute dog stuff.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3037451/pet-week/meet-your-new-pet-a-domesticated-fox

I'm all for anyone owning any wild animal provided they have the money/facility/knowledge to own one.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I have a serious question:

As a hairy Caucasian dude, I cannot fathom living in a place that breaks 100 F on a regular basis. Does Australia have giant ice tubs for people to run into between shops with AC?

I grew up in AZ and it gets 118 in the summer. Basically it sucks if you don't have electric to run a cooler, and you get used to burning yourself on steering wheels, pavement, door handles, and seatbelts. Walking a few miles to work is also a little lovely but doable. It's not too bad if you have a water bottle.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

This is Helena, my husband got her just before we met. She's awesome as hell, has gotten more than one person over their snake fear, and she's not head-shy in the least. We lost power last November in our first real winter storm, so she slept in bed between me and our girl kitties for warmth.

Reptiles are great and cuddly.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

This morning, I walked out of my bathroom and my cat was sitting in front of it. I said, "Hello," and she screamed at me and then ran under a chair. I am not sure if that's what she wanted, but she got it.

This is delightful! I have one that screams when I shower, and another that has to sleep on my face at least partially. Cats are like Greek gods-- temperamental and insane, but really entertaining.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Mar 12, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Dogs and rescue ducklings :kimchi:

https://www.thedodo.com/dogs-meet-ducklings-1651337703.html?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I saw someone walking a Samoyed today, and now I want one badly.

LOOK AT THAT CUTE

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That baboon's surprise is awesome. "HOLY poo poo WHERE IS IT?!"

Hyenas are big softies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9bQEgb_cXM

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy god those are adorable.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

He's helping :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

JonBolds posted:

CARS ARE WEIRD WHY ARE WE IN A CAR

HELLO THIS IS MY GOOFY TONGUE

if you get his attention he immediately flops over for belly rubs

I used to have a little chihuahua just like that named Smudge. Man I miss him :(

• Locked thread