Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ms Boods posted:

Aw, thanks! I don't talk about my little cat much, and I won't here just now anymore, as it's too painful.

My neighbours and the local cat home are the real stars, though -- Gus was brought in by the care worker of his original owner. His original owner was developmentally disabled, but still had Gus from kittenhood. He spent the first five years of his life confined to her one-room flat, and only eating human junkfood. She alternated from over-cuddling him to hitting him; she brought him in to the cat shelter to be put down because 'he was too ugly.' (It's his eye -- one of his tear ducts was torn in kittenhood, so his face is a bit stained; it still runs sometimes, but he's not in pain or ill.) The original owner was given a court order against any future pet ownership.

On the plus side, he's now fat and fruity, and I know from having seen it, his supper dish looks like this

*I* would eat out of bowl system shaped like a fish.

Here's Gus chilling with Mr Attila's old ratty catty

that cat has a Hitler mustache...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

a friend of mine, Bogleech posted a pic of his cat and I just had to share it with you guys

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

my friend Bogleech has posted more pictures of his cat and I must continue sharing them

and some text that accompanied these pics

Bogleech posted:

His name is supposed to be Tommy but Margret’s mom and aunt keep calling him “TIT HEAD” for no particular reason
He’s he’s the one that when you’re busy trying to do computer things he gets intent on wanting to be in your face licking the end of your nose. Not trying to nurse, just licking it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

^ He clearly had some very important papers to sign.

Also, PUPPY

http://i.imgur.com/KTBZCRA.webm

I can clearly hear it in my mind squeak with each step:kimchi:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

so my friend Bogleech has gotten another cat, it's also really freaking adorable, stands out quite a bit compared to his usual stuff he posts on his tumblr;

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

Ante up the cute, it is gonna be a bad day people. :smithicide:

What's making today a bad day Klaus?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

COOL CORN posted:

My cat Charles

If you don't want to smoosh you face into that belly, I don't know what to tell you...

That is a pretty smooshable belly:kimchi:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

darthbob88 posted:

You asked for it. A mentally ill, and possibly also gay, black man shot and killed an attractive white news reporter and her cameraman on live TV, for reasons which he stated in a 23-page manifesto were racially motivated, specifically in response to the Charleston church shooting. There's the obvious tragedy of two people being murdered, but arguably worse is the political clusterfuck that will arise, between gun control/"How dare you politicize this tragedy", racism and RaHoWa possibly kicking off in earnest, the mental illness angle, and something bad because He Gay. TFR and D&D are already at each other's throats about this, and it can only get better from there.

For happier content, Boop. Love me!

Oh that whole mess, yeah that's going to be ugly

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

oh god all those Toucans are adorable(although their eyes are weird looking), that article mentioning that they are legal to buy(at least in South America) makes me wonder how good of pets do they make by bird standards though...(not that I'd buy one since they are really expensive, and are probably pretty high maintenance)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

sharing a wrinkle dog

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

The floofiest bird:

I could use some more fatbirds right now, a show I really liked(even if I'll admit it's kinda a guilty pleasure of one) just jumped the shark in a massive way and I need something to distract me from the rage building up inside

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TK8325 posted:

Say hello, Dexter:

wanna boop the snoot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

yet another boopable snoot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bundle of Keys posted:

Oh no, what did Steven Universe do?

it wasn't Steven Universe(thank god), it was something that's an actual Guilty Pleasure of mine(I have no guilt in my enjoyment of Steven Universe, or else why would I have paid 5 bucks to make it my avatar), it was Neurotically Yours

also have an album of cats being doofs http://imgur.com/gallery/bmFaD

drrockso20 has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Sep 10, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kavak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKoFHIbrolE

Keepers usually describe them as assholes. They are assholes by cat standards.

So the "rear end in a top hat Meter For Cats" goes from Pallas Cats as the most, and I'm guessing Cheetahs as the least from what I've heard then

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

NLJP posted:

aaaaAAAWWW :3: Otters are the best. Got the video by any chance? This is like that vine with the dude just inundated by puppies.

Speaking of that, could someone relink to that one please?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ssthalar posted:

You can't just post that without the link.

Well I didn't get the pic straight from the site, actually found it on a thread on another site about Prehistoric Life, and felt the need to share those toothy fat-birds with you guys

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fighting Trousers posted:

Sam the Eagle: the awkward years.

Nah those are clearly Sam's precocious great-nephews who start living with him and joining him on fantastic adventures around the world(cue overly patriotic and right wing version of the Duck Tales theme song)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

A relative bought a Mini-Pig recently, will have to get some photos of it for you guys

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

I really hope they got an actual mini-pig and not just a regular piglet.

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking when they said mini-pig, wouldn't be the first time somebody has fallen for that one.

Yeah I already mentioned it to my mom when she told me about it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

while searching through my Pictures folder for something else, rediscovered this gem that had to be shared with you guys

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sociopastry posted:

Khajiit has wares for you.

That phrase gets almost as much use in this thread as "That's a Pokemon"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I think my heart just exploded

Force de Fappe posted:

From Longyearbyen on Svalbard

What a Majestic Floof

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

cash crab posted:

I forgot if we talked about this or no

Well looks like my heart's exploded again

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I think we could all use some happy little trees

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Elfgames posted:

Been watching that all weekend and the laugh he does after he beats his brush clean gets me every time.

it's so soothing

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Funzo posted:

Until this picture, I didn't appreciate just how big that cat is.

Yeah he looks to be quite the big one, we still need a picture of him with a Banana for scale though

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's a kid who has seen the promised land. :3:

insert auto-tuned MLK video here :3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bismuth posted:

No seriously, what the hell is that?

it's a Lowland Streaked Tenrec, they make sounds by rubbing their quills together, the only known Mammal to do so

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bismuth posted:

Ohmy god

e. They're far cuter in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kJKu4cpXM

:kimchi:

also some content

quote:

Just when you think you've heard all the stories about Mr Rogers that make you mist up and realize just how good of a person he was another one pops up.

When Mr Roger's Neighborhood started in 1968 the country was just 4 months removed from the assassination of Dr King, and Fred Rogers introduced his neighborhood to Officer Clemmons, a black police officer who was a kindly, responsible authority figure and was Mr. Roger's equal, colleague and neighbor.

Around the 1 year anniversary of Dr King's death Mr. Rogers invited Officer Clemmons to join him in soaking their tired feet in a plastic wading pool. And there they were, brown feet and pasty white feet, side by side in the water. Silently, contemplatively, without comment.

25 years later, when the actor playing Officer Clemmons retired, his last scene on the show revisited that same wading pool, this time reminiscing. Officer Clemmons asked Mr. Rogers what he'd been thinking during their silent interlude a quarter century before. Fred Rogers' answer was that he'd been thinking of the many ways people say "I love you."

TL;DR Mr Rogers is still awesomesauce.

source

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

It's like the cat version of a grumpy dwarf :allears:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

posting some pics of my old cats;

first two images of my oldest cat Mr Tibbs/Tibby/Tibbs(all three are valid names for him), have had him since 98, and as he was 2 or 3 when we got him, he's pretty drat old by cat standards, he used to be a bit of a paper eating jerk(appropriate for a former street cat), but by the mid-2000's he calmed down quite a bit, and is now a giant sweetheart(I'll admit when he does pass I'm going to need you guys like crazy, cause this'll probably break me rather fiercely)

next a pic of my other cat Rocky, we've had him since about 2000, he was about 6 months then, so he's also pretty old, used to be the biggest scaredey-cat around, he's gotten better over time though, he loves to lick people's arms(especially if it's a hairy one), is very loud in the morning(especially to my mom so she'll get him pets and scritches), is made of longness and floof, and as we recently discovered if allowed outside at night will hunt down rats and bring them inside as murder presents(although twice they turned out to be alive), so now we don't allow the cats outside at night

as a bonus have a couple pics from last Christmas my mom took of our two dogs Lily(the bigger one), and Abby(the smaller white one);

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Such a Majestic Floof :allears: :kimchi:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Honey, Mr Whiskers left another surprise on the doorstep. You're gonna want to see this."

This has all the makings of a classic Farside comic

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I apologize for any tears this may bring you; http://imgur.com/gallery/7vdEQrM

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I apologize for the sadness this will bring; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLh6lzFekjI

in exchange have something cute; http://imgur.com/gallery/aKhkh http://imgur.com/gallery/6ImmsjO http://imgur.com/gallery/ys95t http://imgur.com/gallery/pRAIFpK

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Met a mystery cat today as well, my old cat Tibbs(who I've posted about before) came barreling into our backyard being chased by another cat, he gets inside while this cat hangs around for a while, call my mom over, and apparently she's familiar with the cat already, even picked her up(apparently it's a girl cat, guess Tibbs is a bit of an old perv even though he got neutered about 16 years ago) and cuddled her for a minute, afterwards she hung on our fence for a little bit before presumably going home, should have taken a photo, she was a pretty cat :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Chili posted:

I'm so glad you're all happy about Butterscotch! :neckbeard:

It felt really awesome making it official. We're definitely gonna try to have some kind of small Butterscotch meet n' greet in the coming month or two.

Anyway, we celebrated Butterscotch's adoption by fostering a whole new batch! We were already there, why not flood our house with more furry things?

There's 7 cats total in there, 6 four week old kitties, and 1 mommy (she's still nursing).

Imagine just how crazy it is being in that room.

It's crazier than that.

Lot of cool stuff going, we'll be taking more pictures/video in the coming weeks. Not sure the best way to go about naming all these little buggers. There's three boys and three girls but it's very tough telling them apart.

For the girls, Blossom, Bubbles, & Buttercup, and for the boys Huey, Dewey, & Louie(I would have suggested going for the Rowdy Ruff Boys' names to go with the Powerpuff Girls theme I suggested for the girl cats, but those would be a bit odd in comparison)

drrockso20 has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread