Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
In the same vein, this is my cat trying to come back home after one of his escapades:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
These two dogs refused to be apart from their owners even when they were getting arrested:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a video about Williams Syndrome, caused by a deletion of 26 from chromosome 7. Along some pretty sad physical problems, unexplained neurological changes make the afflicted people the nicest people in the world. This is the video I watch when everybody around me is being an rear end in a top hat.

quote:

One fascinating study by researchers in Europe found that children with Williams show no racial bias whatsoever. While children, even babies, prefer people of their own race, the neural pathway that imprints for race bias is somehow lacking in children with Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF4DiqEdN3w

nerdz has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Apr 14, 2015

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm considering adopting this dachshund mutt that was bred with something that gave it sorta human features:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
these shoes are not for you, they don't even fit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I was adopted by a kitten. I was at a restaurant and this really small street kitten snuck in all the way to the back and started nuzzling at my feet under the table. I went outside, gave him some cat food that I had in my car and left him eating it. To my surprise, he came back running while dodging the waiters. I decided to bring him back home, since he was too trusting and fearless to survive outside. I was going to put him up for adoption but I can't see myself doing that, he got me good.

I only have one cat, and I was concerned about how he would accept the kitten. Luckily for me, this small thing is not only a master of diplomacy with humans, but with cats as well:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
we ride 2getha
we die 2getha

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ramming speed! :kimchi:

and I had no idea toucans could be that affectionate. I don't know anything about toucans, now that I think about it.

My grandma had a toucan and it was basically a dog. Especially for guard duty. I was pretty afraid of it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm gradually reducing the size of the boxes of my cats. They still fit, with a bit of effort:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Are you the guy who got adopted by a teeny black kitten in a restaurant a few weeks ago? I've been wondering how your newly bonded pair has been doing!

Yep! As you can see in that mess of black fur and limbs everywhere, they're doing rather well! Not to mention that my older cat is way more chill and a lot less needy now, since they are fulfilling each other's needs. Which is done mostly by sleeping together in weird positions.

They're best bros now.

Alternate POV: He's crowning! It's a boy!

nerdz has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Feb 4, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Both wrong, it's Shiro, the first cat to achieve nirvana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nf5x57nfng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAt85LdIxU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://i.imgur.com/Mn5V8Ee.gifv

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PAW SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS BOLT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BOLT.I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I BITE DOWN SOME SCIENTIST BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL SHELTER. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO DOGS IN MY HOUSE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE ADOPTED DOGS CAN BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE BARKS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CAGE LESS LONELY BY BARKING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

neonnoodle posted:

The rare and beautiful Irish Potato Hound

Potato Retriever you mean

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Antilles Pink-Toe Tarantula

Vaporwave spider?

now some cute food:

These new google recaptchas are getting way too tricky

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the mirror reflection makes my cat look like it has a huuuge butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ozz81 posted:

Legit thought dogge was angry at a leaf at first, I hope the mantis is OK :ohdear:

he actually got stone cold stunned by the mantis

• Locked thread