Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Guidelines

-No more than 5 images per post. Link those 10mb+ images.

-Don't get uppity because there's a picture you don't like and you have to scroll past it.

-Again, don't get uppity because there's a picture you don't like and you have to scroll past it.

-If something is :nws: or :nms:, link it and probably maybe use those tags too, thanks.

-If you know the source where a picture came from, post your source sauce!

-Seriously, don't get so uppity!

-Uppity!

Places to Upload
http://www.imgur.com
http://www.minus.com
http://www.filesmelt.com

Make your own!
GoonCam lets you make gifs out of whatever you can see on your screen.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gooncam/

How to post a .gifv

Put it in URL tags. It'll come up like an image.

code:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/VDKQHLW.gifv[/url]
-

Zesty has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

New thread same as the last thread
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/axUfhft :nws:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Dec 1, 2014

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

bless

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Over the lips and past the gums.

:nws: It's from here. :nws:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lacrosse is a coolsport:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

January_1.gif

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

This:

Was built to prevent this from happening:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

From this.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nuclear Tourist posted:

This:

Was built to prevent this from happening:

We are looking at an actual self targeting defensive sentry-gun I thought they only existed in video games.

Got Master Reboot on sale about a month ago but just started playing it now and I enjoy it:

DarklyDreaming has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Nov 23, 2014

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
Phalanx has been in operation for 30 years.

These things are only designed to target missiles and other projectiles. Small, fast-moving stuff coming right at the ship. It's not quite the same as a sentry gun that identifies and fires on enemy soldiers and only enemy soldiers.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Be cool everybody!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Giphy and Tumblr are kosher right?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hydrolith posted:

Phalanx has been in operation for 30 years.

These things are only designed to target missiles and other projectiles. Small, fast-moving stuff coming right at the ship. It's not quite the same as a sentry gun that identifies and fires on enemy soldiers and only enemy soldiers.

Sort of. Later blocks of Phalanx have a surface-enagement mode so they can target things like speedboats. Phalanx is virtually useless against threats like the supersonic ASMs in the above gif because the range is so short that it's only going to get one shot off while the missile passes through the engagement range, and even if it does hit now you have a broken and burning missile body still flying at your ship at supersonic speeds and you're pretty hosed anyway. Goalkeeper is marginally more useful because of its longer range but it's more accurate to say that those missiles were designed to deal with the defense those guns are capable of. They don't even put Phalanx on new ships, the last-ditch close-range anti-missile defense now is RAM, a navalized Sidewinder missile.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-iFr9q1I8

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Phanatic posted:

Sort of. Later blocks of Phalanx have a surface-enagement mode so they can target things like speedboats. Phalanx is virtually useless against threats like the supersonic ASMs in the above gif because the range is so short that it's only going to get one shot off while the missile passes through the engagement range, and even if it does hit now you have a broken and burning missile body still flying at your ship at supersonic speeds and you're pretty hosed anyway. Goalkeeper is marginally more useful because of its longer range but it's more accurate to say that those missiles were designed to deal with the defense those guns are capable of. They don't even put Phalanx on new ships, the last-ditch close-range anti-missile defense now is RAM, a navalized Sidewinder missile.

RAM isn't actually related to the Sidewinder.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're probably thinking of the RIM-72C.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Anyone have a source on this?

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Ever wonder how a 3 or 4-way light switch works?

For a 3-way switch, just eliminate that center switch.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ever wonder how a 3 or 4-way light switch works?

For a 3-way switch, just eliminate that center switch.

The cool thing is that because of the logic, you can add as many 4-way switches in the middle as you want, and it'll still function the same way. You can have an 87-way circuit without any crazy business (except the obvious crazy business of having 87 switches controlling the same circuit.) <3 XOR

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ArcMage posted:

RAM isn't actually related to the Sidewinder.

It's heavily based on it, I was simplifying a bit for a one-paragraph post in the gif thread. From that wiki link:

quote:

Also known as RIM-116A in US service, the original version called Block 0 whose design is based on that of the AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile, from which it took its rocket motor, fuze, and warhead.

Sidewinder wizardry:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

thank mr skeltal

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

How the Late Late Show will end.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I admit I basically do this every time I see a squirrel. Does that make me a bad person?