Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahahaha, no loving way. This is from one of those youtube videos where they take an existing swordfight scene from a movie and edit in lightsabers, right? :xd:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So with all the stupid poo poo that Lucas has pulled like naming Obi-Wans home planet Stewjon (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stewjon) or having the cantina music called Jizz (no lie. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz) the crossguard is the jumping off point?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I thought it was a crossguard, which makes sense to me :shrug:.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Do you really think that would work as a cross guard? And Lucas's dumb poo poo is old hat now, we need new dumb poo poo

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I just figured 15 years after Maul, they'd be over the "See, what we need is more poo poo on the lightsabers, that's what fills the seats!" schema. But poo poo, maybe not.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tracula posted:

So with all the stupid poo poo that Lucas has pulled like naming Obi-Wans home planet Stewjon (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stewjon) or having the cantina music called Jizz (no lie. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz) the crossguard is the jumping off point?

Not to distract from the wonders of wookipedia but Jizz and Jazz were interchangeable terms and mean exactly what you think.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

gently caress everything, we're doing 20 blades!

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

sweet now he can pick up UHF tv

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
It needs a version where the little sub-blades activate in a ripple instead of all at once.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Needs more lens flare. Like one for every blade. And every ring of every lens flare has another light saber, with according lens flares.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Its actually an ad for Gillette

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Linked for large

Source

Kheldarn has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Nov 30, 2014

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

Orgophlax posted:

I'm disappointed there aren't any Star Wars teaser gifs yet.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

RentACop posted:

Do you really think that would work as a cross guard? And Lucas's dumb poo poo is old hat now, we need new dumb poo poo

Cross guard may have been able to prevent something like...oh...this?

http://gfycat.com/EverlastingFelineGrayfox

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
This was the one visual in the trailer that really stuck out for me. Outside of the "Rogue Squadron" games I don't think we've really gotten a visual like that.

Furnok Dorn posted:

sweet now he can pick up UHF tv
I told you we shoulda got a Zenith!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

That Millenium Falcon camera move is really awesome. I was expecting some absolutely poo poo visuals and boring camera angles and that was not what I got at all.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

MrBigglesworth posted:

Yeah. It's just goons being goony.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm fie with a crossguard, it's just the logical part of my brain sees that version and goes 'shouldn't there be a physical guard under the glowy guards? It looks really easy to hurt yourself'. It just seems a silly implementation.

Sith never respect OH&S.

MrBigglesworth posted:

It wouldn't in this version, though, because the blade would've sliced through the crossguard's generator, not the guard itself.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Nov 29, 2014

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This looks way better.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Most of the fight scenes have worked as is without crossguards, so the addition is fine. Looks cool, no real negative.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Source.

It's the same person.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

This is a 45 meg gif. It is killing my laptop, can you link it please?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Steve Holt! posted:

This is a 45 meg gif. It is killing my laptop, can you link it please?

Oh THAT'S why this page keeps imploding chrome.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I can't get over the detail on the Falcon. The engine nacelles look like actual thrusters and not "a bunch of blue glowy fuzz".

I think that X-wing shot actually caused me to be 7 again for a few seconds.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I love this one. First of all, the back of his room is angled so its on the 2nd floor. A car, while cool, is very unpractical on the 2nd floor of a house. Then, he doesn't get a new TV or anything, he just gets the antenna repaired, which you don't care about if you're playing a video game. Why is he even watching that TV when he has that wall of TVs behind him?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't think you 'get' the 90s.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Caedus posted:

I can't get over the detail on the Falcon. The engine nacelles look like actual thrusters and not "a bunch of blue glowy fuzz".

I miss the big satellite dish. :smith:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MikeJF posted:

I miss the big satellite dish. :smith:

God damnit, Lando.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Just dodging a sparrow.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Anyone know what episode of Downtown this is from?

Also content:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Jesus, that is so lazy.

"Ya, we got stormtroopers in our Star Wars movie, but they're totally different from the old ones. See, our stormtroopers have COOLER HELMETS! :c00l:" *takes the original helmet design and makes it look like it has weepy emo eyes before calling it a day*

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Anyone know what episode of Downtown this is from?
That's not from Downtown. It's basically a "play tricks on celebrities" show, like Punk'd or something similar.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

ExplodingSquid posted:

Also content:

Got to see that crazy genius last week.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Right now, in a galaxy not so far away, there's a thread for space fantasy talk...

STAR
WARS

Here's some Ellie Goulding because I love you all and want you to be happy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

mobby_6kl posted:

gently caress everything, we're doing 20 blades!