Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Takin' a break from the Undertale posting. Going through ancient folders for a different thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Yesssss, a great show!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Merry Friday the 13th.

x

x

x

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Isn't she 14?

E: 13, actually.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Oct 14, 2017

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

Who What Now posted:

Isn't she 14?

Asuka's personality in 3.0 is that of a 28 year old, although her body remains at the physical age of 14 (due to a phenomenon she calls Curse of Eva).

Obviously that picture is from 3.0 onward because of the Q at the bottom...weird curse to have right???

Here's some 40k stuff:

Maybe NSFW for demon nipple: https://i.imgur.com/RFfdMaX.jpg

Also NSFW for same kind of thing but it's 40k X Touhou so I thought someone may enjoy it.: https://imgur.com/iHmcyG9

Infyrno has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Oct 14, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Infyrno posted:

although her body remains at the physical age of 14 (due to a phenomenon she calls Curse of Eva).

You don't say... :thunk:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the saurus is wonderful but i reported you for labelling a warhammer fantasy battle image as warhammer 40k. i hope your punishment is as severe as it is swift

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

Who What Now posted:

You don't say... :thunk:

Google actually gave me that specific fact in a box at the top of the search results page. Does that have a name? When it automatically gives what it thinks is the info you need before the results.

edit: this thing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the saurus is wonderful but i reported you for labelling a warhammer fantasy battle image as warhammer 40k. i hope your punishment is as severe as it is swift

:( I should have said "Warhammer stuff" instead of "40k stuff." Sorry, I deserve whatever punishment I get.

Infyrno has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Oct 14, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol google just put you on a register

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
More likely Gainax didn't want to redesign their "iconic" characters and risk alienating "fans" so they handwaved why they were the same age after a time skip.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Infyrno posted:

Google actually gave me that specific fact in a box at the top of the search results page. Does that have a name? When it automatically gives what it thinks is the info you need before the results.

Featured snippet.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So a few months back, a penguin named Grape-kun found himself a waifu. Well, time has taken its toll, and he has sadly just passed away. Time for some music and pressing F.

1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5

Concordat posted:

More likely Gainax didn't want to redesign their "iconic" characters and risk alienating "fans" so they handwaved why they were the same age after a time skip.

It sucks, if you ask me. One of the things I was looking forward to in 3.0 was seeing older versions of the characters, and to see them stuck in their old designs just to please the very otaku Anno attacked in the original movie was just :smithicide: inducing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Merry Friday the 13th.

x

x

x

Yeah, gotta get a couple in today.

https://twitter.com/Monococonut/status/754511008916529153

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CommissarMega posted:

It sucks, if you ask me. One of the things I was looking forward to in 3.0 was seeing older versions of the characters, and to see them stuck in their old designs just to please the very otaku Anno attacked in the original movie was just :smithicide: inducing.

The rebuilds are a mess. All of the new eva designs vanish with like, a minute or less of screentime each. The only two new ones to stick around are A. An identical remodel of an old one and B. A nearly identical remodel of an old one (but with optional four arms!). The only new character is just the worst maximum generic anime character possible. It's very disappointing. Also they ruined the Bardiel fight.

I thought this image was fun and people redrawing the totoro scene will never get old for me.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

CommissarMega posted:

Alternatively, could have just been laziness.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CommissarMega posted:

and to see them stuck in their old designs just to please the very otaku Anno attacked in the original movie was just :smithicide: inducing.

It's literally called 'The Curse of Eva' and stops the characters from growing up and moving on with their lives :thonking:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So basically they're giving the nerds exactly what they want while also making fun of them? I can't tell if that's brilliant or idiotic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Alacron posted:

So basically they're giving the nerds exactly what they want while also making fun of them? I can't tell if that's brilliant or idiotic.

The bad one

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently EVA isn't meant to be so much mocking their audience as saying 'The kids are hosed up, because every single authority figure in their lives has failed them miserably'.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Inescapable Duck posted:

Apparently EVA isn't meant to be so much mocking their audience as saying 'The kids are hosed up, because every single authority figure in their lives has failed them miserably'.
Wait I thought it wasn't supposed to be mocking their audience?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alacron posted:

Its called being a hypocrite.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

And now I am never going to google search a character from this series ever again because it is a god drat horror show :suicide:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

This feels like it's a few captions short of being one of those virgin/chad memes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Elfface posted:

This feels like it's a few captions short of being one of those virgin/chad memes.
The best part about that meme was finding out that the Chad's head is just the country of Chad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This thread has a bunch of problems that keep coming up again and again and rather than try to overhaul rules in a long megathread we're going to reboot it instead with brand new rules from the start. It could also do with a cooling down period so it'll be a little while before a thread goes back up, any threads made in the meantime will just be gassed so don't bother.

• Locked thread