Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone explain the sheet ghost thing. Unless it's from some gross anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How does that make them any different from 99.9% of people in all RPGs?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nobody cares about ignore lists.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why is the majority of Midna fanart so gross?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cartoon Man posted:

Weird Al Yankovic is goddamn national treasure. He's going to get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame next year.

How did he not get one years ago?!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CzarChasm posted:

Well, on the one hand, if you are trying to make a game and you have to reach out to the general public for funding, and you offer a top tier incentive such as adding your OC to the game, you may have to carefully decide if the money is worth the headache of catering to someone's fetish. If you need $10k to finish your game and you can get it from one source guaranteed, you may make that deal.

On the other hand, I do hope that this will start a trend of indie developers that will be able to put an asterisk next to incentives such as this that include wording to the effect of "Creator reserves the right to refuse any submission that they find offensive".

But again, the problem with that is at that point, the money is effectively spent. I don't know if it would even be possible to refund it to the weirdo with the diaper fetish. So you're kind of stuck, and since these rewards tend to be on the higher end of the scale, that could be a large percentage of your funding. And even if you did explicitly word with the above "dick clause", not giving someone the thing they paid for is bad press at the very least. But I would support it.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people who'll boycott a game because it refused to include a diaper wearing vore fetishist is negligible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought she was pink because she has slug powers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

christ it's easy to market to nerds

Paladinus posted:

IT'S SONIC! I KNOW WHAT THIS IS! I'LL BUY YOUR CANCER FOOD! PLEASE DO PIKACHU NOW! I'LL PAY!

Corporate pandering or not, they are still super well done.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

a kitten posted:

I think she only uses a revolver.

So it's a McCree skin

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

He obviously caught a butt with his sword, so no.

And he's shocked it actually worked.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Glagha posted:

Holy poo poo y'all are some joyless husks. There's a big difference between childlike joy at getting something you've wanted and mindlessly regurgitating the Arby's ad campaign. Do you like, go to toy stores and tell children not to be slaves to capitalism before slapping the teddy bear out of their hands?

No, they just jerk off to the fantasy like normal people.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

good idea, bad execution, really.

Much like your posting. :boom:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zetsubou-san posted:

needs to be 8000 pixels longer, tbh

Fun fact, you can actually make the ladder really short! As soon as the floor despawns the ladder loops endlessly until the end of the song. If you just stay still when the song starts and only start climbing again just before it ends it'll only be a few dozen feet long. :eng101:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

What the gently caress. I assumed the ladder was so long they decided "let's throw the song in while they're doing nothing" but nope they decided to make an epic ladder scene instead.

The ladder scene rules

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TenCentFang posted:

I have no idea why people prefer the overly gritty, rapey, hyperviolent stuff the reboot did. Ugh.

Because you don't need to deal with garbage tank controls.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

corn in the bible posted:

tank controls are good

I've seen the games you play, your tastes in games is inhuman.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Evangelion is a bad anime that, for some reason, people pretend is good. I think it might be the Illuminati.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I, for one, appreciate the artist's attempt to reimagine anime characters as big-tittied hobbits.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

i got a buncha bad homestuck art by the same person who did the kill la kill stuff earlier

I thought it looked familiar!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Besesoth posted:

I've largely resigned myself to knowing that Loud House is associated with suicide in fan art, but has anyone figured out WHY?

It's a sex thing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:thunk:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

iospace posted:

Or, you could stop whining constantly and post some content.

Not having a mobile browser crash because of massive images dumps is a legit concern and not whining.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What is this a parody of?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

End of Shoelace posted:

Personally im not a fan of the cal arts style; being a subcategory of animation styles, the character design follows certain rules for how they're built and, ultimately, how they look. They become more rigid that way. Ever notice how they've just recycled the same Disney princess for the last 5 years?

Moana doesn't look anything like the other Disney princesses.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

It also shows that cuphead characters look awful when done in other cartoon styles, apparently.

Just because it's not done in the style of UnderTale doesn't mean it looks bad, you weirdo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

"I'll equate black protestors being shot to me spamming boring fanart"

Goddamn, you have to be the most sheltered, tone-deaf moron on the planet to think this was ever a good idea.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fantastic Flyer posted:

All you had to do was timg the drat files, Invictus

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Eela6 posted:

BOTL, you are capable of better smug shitposts than 'haha anime fans are pedos'.

He didn't call anyone a pedo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

THIS CAN CONTINUE

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Isn't she 14?

E: 13, actually.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 01:26 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Infyrno posted:

although her body remains at the physical age of 14 (due to a phenomenon she calls Curse of Eva).

You don't say... :thunk:

• Locked thread