Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I would play the ever-loving gently caress out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

This loving guy.

Well, points for consistency in type?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I'm hearing, that's actually supposed to be a joke on how stupid gritty reboots are that nobody loving got, and I'm kinda inclined to believe it in this case because nobody makes something this horrid and cynical in earnest. It hits too many loving bullet points.

Edit: Also, never do that with dialogue subtitles EVER. Not even as a joke.

It pretty clearly is, but never underestimate the weird capacity of overgrown children-- re: the biggest and loudest consumers of media--to misinterpret "adult content" with "vindication as adult material." That's been the entire marketing thesis behind WB's adaptation of DC properties since Batman Begins.

It's a clear immature misconception that somehow what types of media speaks to us and how that media is perceived in society at large is synonymous with our depth and capacity as individuals, although there is a solid base of truth to it-- most people will perceive actors who can recite and understand MacBeth and Hamlet as deeper, more sophisticated, and more intelligent than the kids who so meticulously analyzed a late 90s teen show about vampires that they created a giant pop culture encyclopedia, even though both demonstrate different types of real intelligence.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Would but I have the decency to be deeply ashamed

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Most of these casting choices are absolute dreams--really 90s Goldblum and 00s Nicholas Cage would go anywhere near a TV show?--but the use of existing footage was extremely inventive and a nice proof that soundtrack and context are everything.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Sophie Turner herself improvs a Sansa/Maegery/Daeneris slashfic.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/real-housewives-of-westeros

Wow that is... well props on her for being comfortable with that I guess.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Queen mentality. Got it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

He is alive. His name is Adam Lambert.

Some things aren't meant to be joked about son.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

what the gently caress is Jojo and why I am I forced to scroll past so much of it?

"Queen if it were a manga instead of a band" seems about as accurate as anything else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This makes me think of Legend of Zelda meets Jet Set Radio, an amazing thing that will never ever happen. :(

As annoying as it would be hearing Links "hyuh! HYAAHHHH!!!" every time he jumped would be a real pleasure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That looks like what it is to me, same guesses and everything.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tron and Freakazoid both are dudes who got sucked into computers/anthropomorphic versions of computer poo poo (Tron is like an OS or software right? While Freakazoid is literally the internet, which is scary prescient when you consider it came out like 5 years before 4chan and the like were really a thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think the reason the WB Animation crew had such keen insight was due to poo poo like Usenet and that horrific Tiny Toons incident where an early furry literally stalked Tress MacNielle. They saw the future and tried to warn us, but were too concerned with being entertaining for it to sink in until it was far too late.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The number of these based on real posts is probably way higher than anyone wants to admit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

David Copperfield posted:

(I think Steven Universe did, though)

Steven Universe is such quality I'm honestly not sure it even exists on like, a formal level. Even if it does it's clearly the exception that proves the rule.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask if there's something more to this than "cute girl gets Eevee as present". Like, I want to know if there's a reference here I'm not getting, but at the same time I'm scared it's going to be something horrifying or depressing.

That's a Vulpix

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I recognize Slendy and the chick in white, are the other two creepypasta creations that achieved meme status too?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Best thing about this is the finger makes a false smile that is utterly disconcerting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

I originally thought this might be intended as a parody of the reactionary anti-"SJW" types, but unfortunately, I don't think it is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I love the basic concept but the Chansey face is way too straightforward and aggressive to work in Silent Hill.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was trying to find scans of that Sandman scene where Loki talks about convincing Thor that he was pregnant, then shoving a squirrel up Thor's rear end and corks said rear end, until Thor backs up and "births" the squirrel in a river of poo poo and proceeds to cradle the squirrel as his child, but honestly Loki-tits is probably better for the thread as a whole.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Same! It's just boggling that she's able to make THAT much.

Seriously. What a snobby dick thing for Pomp to say.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eldercain posted:

In the year 4000 friendship is magic might be the biggest religion.

Needs more martyrs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I do wonder why GameFreak isn't looking at all this fanart of Pokemon "styles" and adopting it into their games. It seems like a natural way to extend the shelf life of their existing characters.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's so loving dumb but I genuinely loved that part of Dragonball Z.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'd settle for a superhero costume for a 17 year-old that doesn't have strong fetish elements.

This is close enough for the time being.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

In the files of "Impossible things that plain ol' wouldn't work but I'd watch it regardless":

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It tickles me pink how there are still fans who want Mario to have this substantial epic story, when by the third game alone the creators were explicitly presenting them as a comedy theater troupe. Even the rpgs are fundamentally airy and breezy with Mario and to a slightly lesser extent Luigi acting as ciphers. I'm not saying there isn't a story to tell, more that it clearly isn't what these characters were built for.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pomp posted:

buncha whimps getting shocked by robot dicks

New thread title plz

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Supersonic Shine posted:

Does this mean Furiosa is a body pillow that became human? What a horrible existence.

Sexy Losers covered that 15 or so years ago:

NSFW, right

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Jun 6, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

12/10

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gently caress at least one of them is breeding.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wanna party with that clock.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Elastigirl from the Incredibles. Internet perverts have a thing for her.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plastic-Man is also in her "younger days" outfit:

----------------------------------------

Internet perverts seem to love her because "Mommy Issues" and this one scene:

This is what I found just looking for that "younger days" outfit. All relatively SFW:

----------------------------------

And as a palate cleanser:

------------------------------------

+ Bonus Elastigirl from DC Comics who has been almost completely forgotten to time despite having been around since the 50s in one form or another:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not anime but very anime-inspired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdO95XfJ8I

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This was probably the most tasteful way to draw W.

It feels really weird saying that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Soon enough someone with experience is going to figure out how to manipulate these in just the right way and we'll finally have accurate recreations of a hallucinogen experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jon Zyetta posted:

Are you saying that this isn't already true??

It's not far off, but it needs a few tweaks. Hallucinating images--even as fuzzy shapes that are only defined for fractions of a second like in this Fear&Loathing gif--are quite rare on LSD and Mushrooms. However the sense of the environment warping is much closer than any media depiction with rocking to dutch angles and colored lighting has ever been.

• Locked thread