Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007

"I took your clothes off while you were sleeping because I find you really ugly. Now please put them back on while I'm in the room."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Still Fluxing posted:

That is so cute it almost makes you forget that Bowser makes a habit out of using his kids as cannon fodder.

Bowser is a guy who can come back from having all his flesh melted off by lava and being forced to fight you as a skeleton. His kids inherited some pretty hardy traits from him, they're probably fine.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Is this an Ecco thing? Because I think every book fair I went to in elementary school sold posters like this.

It's got those stars on the forehead and those orbs look kinda like the ones the Asterite has to me. So yeah it's an Ecco thing.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Why does this look better animated than actual ME3 cutscenes? What the gently caress.

Because someone wanted to fap to it. That can make a person put in a loooot of effort.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Agean90 posted:

I love that little mac is basically unchanged except for the cloths.

The clothes don't even look all that odd on him, and he's totally rockin' that scarf.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pick posted:

You do know that we only really have the Prose Edda (Snorri's) and the Poetic Edda, right? Nothing in Norse mythology has a lot of sources. It literally can't.

Also, you're dead wrong, because the Völuspá hin skamma references Sleipnir as Loki's son, and that's from the Poetic Edda.

e: Also, with a little searching, Sleipnir as an eight-legged horse is attested in the saga Hervarar saga ok Heiðreks, and is seen on the pre-Christian Tjängvide image stone.

From what I remember, this is because norse mythology was mostly passed down orally. People just told eachother stories from mythology but didn't necessarily write it all down, and it fell out of favour when christianity arrived. There probably used to be more written down, but written records get damaged even when people are trying to look after them properly, let alone if they don't really give a poo poo.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Fargle posted:

To be fair, he's getting off pretty lucky in this one. Of all the Pokemon he could possibly be turned into he's managed to get one that still has thumbs. :v:

More thumbs than he had before, even.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

He did in at least one of the first two books which were before a lot of how things worked had really settled

I think in the later books he tried to explain the inconsistencies from the earlier books with WEIRD TIME poo poo. As in time literally broke and had to be pieced rather clumsily back together. As in one chunk of time had to be stitched into another one, leading to wars that lasted for a hundred non-sequential years and things like that.

On the topic of Discworld, does anything have any weird/awesome fanart of that?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hogmeat.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

I saw this movie yesterday and now I like this meme. That, and it hasn't been pony'd yet, so that's a plus.

You poor naive fool.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

rodbeard posted:

So Dracula had nards too?

Of course he had nards. If he didn't have nards why would he bother having those sexy vampire brides?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

goatface posted:

Helium in the balloons they implanted in her chest.

Hot air tends to rise.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Elfface posted:

And that's terrible.

He didn't steal the bread. Look, you can see the rupees he left to pay for it. Now the rupees, THOSE are stolen.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ramos posted:

And there's some works that I aren't Touhou, but I'm not sure if they're fan art of anything in particular.

That top one's Touhou, and the second one might also be Touhou. I say this because of the hats, those look like Touhou hats. Touhats.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

That Dragonball Z game with the character creator means this is pretty much canon.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zanael posted:

So that means that someone, somewhere, has a Tetris tiles fetish ?

You poor naive fool, Tetris was made to appease someone's fetish from the start. The best way to rack up a high score it to construct a deep hole and ram a phallic object right down into it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Triple nipple.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Torgue-tan should just be Mr Torgue in a bikini, this is terrible loving fanart.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

That isn't true either. The game does it for you if you just sit on the screen.

Hah. Just try playing a full pacifist playthrough after that.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Swedish Horror posted:

Isn't that the show where the fans are convinced "the brothers are totally secretly in love with each other"?

Not just the brothers. The actors who play the brothers too.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

It's really good in context and simultaneously tells the viewer a lot about a character, a phenomenon within the show, and provides an unusual juxtaposition of emotional strength vs physical strength that isn't the typical "I'll beat you with the power of friendship!" thing you'll usually see. It's one of the few moments you'll probably actually shout "gently caress yeah!" at your TV.

Anyway that's my story thanks for listening. See ya.

i watch steven universe, but please stop talking you sound like an enormous loving dweeb

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

So we're chaining copypasta now? Great. Just plug the forums right into the deviantart servers why don'tcha

you'd be happy if we did that then you could get undertale fanart piped directly from the source

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
nichijou sure got loving weird.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Lol at the racist implications. And also lol at Tarzan's super low-hanging trousers in the last one.

For a moment I was wondering what the gently caress you meant. What's so racist about a white baby being adopted by a black family? And then I realized who the black family were meant to be.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Let Miku In

gently caress no

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

GoldenPrice posted:

most of the characters in this picture are either abusive or neglectful towards their children.

Manga writers write from real life.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

One of Reinhardt's alternate skins makes him look like one of the robots from TTGL, I demand fanart of it right now.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

goatface posted:

The fingers don't look long enough.

The crystal treatment will make them longer

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Metal Meltdown posted:

That is an incredible pun.

What pu-oh god Zeroll.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Since they started destroying planes.

This is what happens when bratty little sisters aren't disciplined for breaking their brother's toy plane. They grow up without learning it's wrong and end up breaking real ones.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

Honestly, this is a pretty good argument. American esports and korean esports are very different, (ie korean esports are less of a joke). Plus the whole thing is starting to show wear.

Tho I have seen a good amount of D. Va art that had no gamer jokes or had gamer jokes but without the gremlin element. It just doesn't get posted here often because it's not particularly weird or silly.

If Mr Tastee thinks that a good post then it's confirmed it's a bad post

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, team Flare wanted to kill all humans AND all of the Pokemon because only Team Flare deserves to survive.

Team Flare were a bunch of genocidal douche bags, and their leader was basically just Hitler with worse hair.

And yet the game kept trying to get you to sympathize with him and feel sorry for him, it was weird.

To me it felt less like the game was trying to get me to sympathize with him and more like it was just deliberately painting him as a self absorbed piece of poo poo who refuses to see anything but the lovely worldview he himself made up.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

TBH mostly so I can freak out the losers who still think furries are the scum of the earth in TYOOL 2016.

shut up and take your meds that one goon is paying you to take

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
captain invictus i just wanted you to know that i liked undertale until you buried us under a deluge of fanart

now i think it's trash for idiots

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Whoosh yourself you piece of poo poo. I am a respected meme scholar, and no one dares challenging my extensive meme knowledge.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Meme College, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Tumblr, and I have over 300 confirmed ragequits. I am trained in memetic warfare and I’m the top shitposter in the entire Reddit community. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of anonymous members across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can troll you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in typing, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Know Your Meme and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Double Punctuation posted:

The backstory is pretty crazy, though. For instance, there's a concept called "CHIM" which is basically when a character realizes they're in a game and figures out how to use the console. Multiple characters have done this.

Isn't the heart of Lorkhan related to this? I think it's what caused the dwarves to stop existing. Because they straight up deleted themselves, possibly with the construction kit. You know, the modding tool.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Come on, that's obviously fake Dobson art.

none of those women are being inflated

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

hahahaha get a better computer you goober

wow that's an awfully mean thing for such a big fan of undertale to say

you'd think someone who had such a raging boner for that game would be offering a hug right about now

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, there's not a lot to Overwatch. There IS lore, but most people ignore it.

And the 'lore' that makes it into fanart is mostly made up by the fans anyway, like Dorito Gremlin D.Va, Grumpy Dad 76 and Mercy's love for hot dudebutt.

well that last one is probably canon actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bismuth posted:

I assume that Hermione and harry used a blackface spell and Ron is yelling at them for being insensitive, otherwise I don't really know why only two of them were race changed

I don't believe the books actually state their race so they weren't really race changed.

• Locked thread