Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

This, my darling, is crossing the Alps.

Zybourne Clock fanart will never not rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

This is the Tails gets trolled guy's latest project, right?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I have a request: Does anyone have the comic of Ash Ketchum kissing someone and in the last panel it turns out that Thomas the Tank Engine was watching from the side all along?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Well consider yourself in luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSBYUPWMk0

Unfortunately, there's doesn't seem to be a whole lot of King's Field fanart out there. Maybe it's because none of the human character models have faces. On the other hand, the crow in Dark Souls doesn't even have a body, and that doesn't seem to have stopped anybody.

What's that weird effect called where textures sort of morph and change in 3D PSX games?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Terrorforge posted:

Fun fact: in some parts of the world, particularly Europe and particularly particularly the Nordic countries, Donald Duck's popularity eclipses Mickey Mouse's. In these places he's become the de facto Disney mascot, and Disney products are sometimes rebranded to reflect this. For example, the Christmas special From All of Us to All of You (also known as Jiminy Cricket's Christmas) is generally called Donald Duck and Friends Celebrate Christmas, despite being presented by Jiminy Cricket and otherwise just being a generic Disney clip show.

Which reminds me; Disney comics have always been hugely popular in Europe, to the point of spawning an entire officially licensed native Disney comics industry. Probably the weirdest result of this was the Italian Paperinik; basically, in the late 60's they gave Donald Duck a "superhero" alter ego in the mold of contemporary pulp heroes. In English, the character is usually known as the "Duck Avenger".

So he's already kind of a silly crossover fan character to begin with, but the really weird stuff hit with the 1996 reboot Paperinik New Adventures:

Yeah, that's a gritty 90s sci-fi comic starring Donald Duck in a stupid mask and featuring at least two genocides.

The weirdest part is that it ain't half bad.

Yep, I remember reading this (in swedish) and it loving owned when I was a kid, dunno if I would think the same if I read it today. I don't think you can find them anywhere these days though.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Is that DP York? Holy poo poo I never thought I'd see DP fanart.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

It's actually got a small cult following due to LP's of it by supergreatfriend, the Giant Bomb crew, and Super Best Friends Play.

He's a collection of fanart that was made for the sgf thread. (Has some spoilers)

Cool. I've actually seen the SBFP LP of it, which is why I know it exists at all.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

I go

You blyat

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

And a bonus of Mikako Ichikawa's weird nerdy character in the movie, as done in the styles of a bunch of different manga artists.

Can anyone put a name on the second row furthest right one and the bottom row furthest right one? I wanna say one of them is Junji Ito (Uzumaki, horror manga etc) but I'm not sure.

It's crazy how defined some artists' styles are though, you don't think about it until they're all lined up like this really. I only recognize 9 of them.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

PeaceDiner posted:

Second row furthest right is Takeshi Obata and bottom row furthest right is Kazuo Umezu.

Thanks, guess I was wrong. Is Umezu any good? Never read any horror manga besides Ito's stuff.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

:smith:

Bloodborne is so good.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

What the hell is this? Desexualizing fanart? We can't have that!

For reference: this is the character's appearance in the game:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Are homestuck fans like sonic fans except not homeschooled or something?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

People have serious attachment issues to fictional characters. You should have seen the butt hurt when they introduced tracers girlfriend.

Butthurt homophobes, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E83CtWFkQW0

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I hate when a preview picture isn't actually in the video. I wanted to see that i'm gay tingle man rotoscoped.
Hope this is good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEIU8BSWmA

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

Sick atm, on mobile so no images feom me, but please post more gremlin. Gremlin will power my shitposting engines. Can you really leave a goon without the power to shitpost? It's just cruel.

For just a single gremlin a day, you can heal a goon.

get well soon

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I think it's based on boob window sweaters and how dumb they are?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Harry Potter's the MC of Persona 5?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Only if you think Harry Potter's defining characteristics are 'wears glasses'.

No but that picture of the P5 guy does have a "british schoolboy" look.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://twitter.com/Abject_Sama/status/866783231563022336

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I have a request. A few years ago I saw a comic somewhere and I can't find it anymore so I'm hoping someone has it. It was only a few panels but basically it was Ash from Pokémon making out with some girl and in the last panel it pans over to a nearby train track where Thomas the Train Engine is watching. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Yessssss thank you!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

There was actually an episode featuring Derpy, and I think they even had to re-dub it because it turned out having a clumsy, cross-eyed character that literally sounded retarded was kind of offensive.

And then a bunch of MLP turbonerds went ballistic at the creators for not keeping the character IIRC.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Ramos posted:

It was pretty good but I preferred when Geralt went to Japan.

Kodamas :3:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Hoochie mama

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Neurion posted:

I still can't believe Terranigma was released in Europe but not in the US.

This is extremely my poo poo. Too bad Nintendo chose not to put it on the SNES mini.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

This one is great, I found it in higher res:

I think it's a spoof on this one from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's a Captain Underpants villain, Turbo Toilet 2000

I thought it was just Polnareff being chased by a toilet since about 60% of the plot in Stardust Crusaders was Polnareff going to the toilet.

• Locked thread