Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Kid Icarus is a really fun and really cute game! I wonder what the fanart is like?

huh, neat!

kinda weird but super cool

oh christ pit please put on some weight

that's too much

oh god stop

why is this a theme

fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Let's play "guess the famous fictional characters"!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

lt_kennedy posted:

Waiting for Godot?

Correct! Now;

The second one is so good that's all you get

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I hope that making GBS threads on Hatred becomes a phenomenon, because a) gently caress dat game and b) those are awesome

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Dark Soul Kart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZnPTEIYZw

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

It sounds to me, guys, like you're all bemoaning the loss of muscle samus. Here, let's fix that!

I wish the progress had been more gradual there.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Maybe a little late to the horse-loving loki chat, but the best thing about that story is it is, essentially, made up. No, not in the "all norse mythology is made up" way. As in, "it was a story made up by some lawyer called Snorri in the 13th century that sort of just got canonised". Seriously, the eiht-legged horse was only ever written about by this one dude, probably because he was trying to make Norse mythology seem "hip" and "cool" to young people (why he thought eight-legged horse was the answer I dunno). I I remember right he also made Odin a matyr so as to appeal to those kooky christian kids. Relevant because it's basically weird fan art making into actual mythology.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

these were ages ago but holy poo poo these are loving beautiful. I don't give a gently caress about pokemon but these just ooze with a "WOW POKEMON IS MAGIC" feeling that actually makes me want to play the games. I mean I know you hardly need to market pokemon at this point but a short animation in this style would be loving magic and be enough to get even cynical pricks like me interested.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Adventure Time artist does Earthbound

J.A.B.C. posted:

This fuckin' game, here.

Still not sure what I played or why I enjoyed it so much.

What is it?

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 16:00 on May 9, 2015

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

:smith:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

It tickles me pink how there are still fans who want Mario to have this substantial epic story, when by the third game alone the creators were explicitly presenting them as a comedy theater troupe. Even the rpgs are fundamentally airy and breezy with Mario and to a slightly lesser extent Luigi acting as ciphers. I'm not saying there isn't a story to tell, more that it clearly isn't what these characters were built for.

Weird, considering they already got that. The ending to Galaxy is as enormous in scope and freaking bonkers as any other game I've ever played.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

That Hatred/Splatoon art is great

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Weird/Awesome Fanart Strikes Back: canonical argument against Goku being cucked

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

There's no "combatting" it because you and your weird brain will continue to post it at the same rate until either the heat death of the universe or the next big thing for teenagers and emotionally stunted adults comes along.

Yeah dude your terrible crybaby posts come across as way less stunted than people posting gifs :thumbsup:

re: shovel souls

it feels weirdly appropriate.

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Mar 7, 2016

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Solar Tornado posted:

All im saying is - if you gaze long into Loss.jpg, know that Loss.jpg gazes back at you...

Whenever I see a comic is four panels long and can't find loss in it I just assume the creator did a bad job now

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Now this is the kind of batshit fanart I like. Montressor depicted as Edgar Allen Po himself, who is also walling up catwoman even though he's already walled up the other dude and presumably had to take the wall down again, with the telltale heart not under a floorboard and also represented with a question mark, and a weird comic version of batman sneaking in. Like, in a word, what was this person's inspiration? Is it just because he wrote a story called "The Black Cat"?

edit: wait, this was probably a literal batman story

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Sep 28, 2016

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

what the gently caress are these goofy armless dinosaur things I'm seeing all over the fanart thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

• Locked thread