Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CharlestheHammer posted:

Most people I have seen prefer the anime to the movies.

Well there's more than one movie now. The original series ended with an ending that made the fans go nuts and write in death threats to the studio. So they made the movie "End of Evangelion" which had a pretty good action sequence and a weird but more acceptable ending.

Then a few years later they made the "Rebuild of Evangelion" series of movies which aside from still having not finished, achieved very little besides making the series even more anime than it had previously been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Pluto was really good, I can't wait until it's animated and everyone gets to see it.
Wait, has any kind of like OVA or series been actually announced?

noether posted:

I bet gwyndolin came up with that gwynevere illusion poo poo all on their own. like they're clearly some kinda transfem, of course they're gonna use some ridiculous cartoonishly feminine avatar to talk to people while hiding in the basement. it's basically a rule

His dad raised him as a girl because he had moon powers and only girls can use moon magic. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:eyepop: Now they just need to announce a crossbones gundam anime.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

It sucks, if you ask me. One of the things I was looking forward to in 3.0 was seeing older versions of the characters, and to see them stuck in their old designs just to please the very otaku Anno attacked in the original movie was just :smithicide: inducing.

The rebuilds are a mess. All of the new eva designs vanish with like, a minute or less of screentime each. The only two new ones to stick around are A. An identical remodel of an old one and B. A nearly identical remodel of an old one (but with optional four arms!). The only new character is just the worst maximum generic anime character possible. It's very disappointing. Also they ruined the Bardiel fight.

I thought this image was fun and people redrawing the totoro scene will never get old for me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

And now I am never going to google search a character from this series ever again because it is a god drat horror show :suicide:

• Locked thread