Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Metals as people, what a weird idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DAbRHGp-xg

Also yeah, don't think that internet girls are any less sexually horrifying than their brothers with their animes and furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I love that Bowser and Bowser Jr. have become Nintendo's go to 'parent and child' duo.

They are desperately trying to tell parents that the parental controls exist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NinjaDebugger posted:

He didn't change his name because of society, he changed it in a fit of crankiness.

"You're awful cranky today, Dad." "CRANKY? CRANKY? JUST CALL ME CRANKY KONG, YOU LITTLE BASTARD." and it stuck.

That Cranky's entire characterisation has become that of a grumpy old video game fanboy is great. Also, his playable appearance in DKC Tropical Freeze is the series equivalent to Scrooge McDuck in the Ducktales game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I remember those lists. I liked the methods that got downright Wile E Coyote.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zetsubou-san posted:

i can't remember why i made this, but i assume it was a good idea at the time

Take it to the BFC Bad With Money thread, they'll appreciate it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You shoulda seen the first draft writeups of Beast, which is basically 'You are a monster that kills and eats people, and for some reason some people really want to kill you for this, but they're total self-righteous jerks who don't appreciate how special you are'.

It's a pity, they were on a pretty good roll with Mirrors and the new Mummy actually being really cool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tasoth posted:

Originally, Beasts people born with monsters instead of souls that go and create fear so people learn hard lessons. Only it was all petty meanness and hosed up bullshit that only taught 'you are weak, I am strong, therefore I hurt you' and came across as a really bad metaphor for how groups like the LGBT community are legit monsters and should embrace it. They then changed it to people coming in contact with the monster they become in their dreams and making the conscious decision to replace their soul with it.

Heroes (who are the baddies) are people who have had 'contact' with the Beast and now hunt them, with said contact being torture, torment or some form of violation perpetrated against them. And every other splat in the nWoD is apparently super friendly with Beasts and think they're the bee's knees even though they'd all recoil immediately from their behavior, and a portion of them would probably respond to a Beast by killing it.

And in the rest of the cases, Beasts are flat out infringing on their turf. They really don't do anything that the other WoD monsters don't already do, usually better. (Though that's almost cheating with Changelings as they cover nearly anything, but still) Even the fanmade WoD expansions manage to do a better job coming up with original concepts based on horror archetypes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Taciturn Tactician posted:

So they're for vampires to laugh about when they explode them for fun? Like, it seems like they're kinda outgunned in WoD.

To be fair, WoD has never been about inter-line balance, Mages can pretty much wreck everyone. But thematically, they're very poorly done.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

So who's in the mechs? Or Are they just posed like that for a backdrop for the true fight?

Motion controls.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If they made a Souls game set in a modern-era your character would have a mobile-phone, but every time you call someone they'd say something cryptic before trailing off into cackling laughter.

Cue 'Just like my life'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kinda makes me think Silent Hill on a bigger scale.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, besides that Graham is a ridiculously tough mad mormon mumy, iirc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you attack Follows-Chalk when he first shows up, but before he starts talking to you, everyone goes hostile and you can shoot them. It's pretty tough, but feels great (especially with Sneering Imperialist).

There was actually a problem where players kept shooting Follow-Chalk before he got to talk to them, since he's first scripted to appear right behind and kill a White Legs gunner probably about when you're firing on them and looks a lot like them from a distance.

The final builds had Follows-Chalk tagged as unkillable until you get to the scripted dialogue, but somehow that didn't make it through Bethesda's excuse for QA.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If you choose to fight the Sorrows become more like the other tribes and find themselves at conflict with the Dead Horses on occasion, but it doesn't seem to imply outright war, Daniel is just heartbroken they're not sweet pacifist forgiving children anymore. In either route, Waking Cloud may end up marrying a Dead Horses tribesman, who stays close to home on her request.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IIRC, Muffet is also a backer OC in Undertale, just she wasn't entirely cringeworthy so she's worked into the plot and structure just fine.

These games need to have more 'If you're a total dick we reserve the rights to tell you to gently caress off and keep your money' clauses for these crowdfunded projects, there's a few I've heard of that fell apart because of insufferable whales, usually with special snowflake OCs and often insisting on trying to work their fetishes into the game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

TenCentFang posted:

I'd like to hear these stories, please?

I'm afraid the only one I can think of is vaguely hearing about a kaiju fighting game that got apparently badly derailed by some furry foot fetishist. I'm sure it's happened elsewhere.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel this is a fitting followup to eroticised hurricane art: https://www.whompcomic.com/comic/drafty-first-dates

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Command Ant posted:

Meowth stands firm and unflinching in the face of death.

He knows he's just gonna get knocked out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's not really any weirder than goofy fanart of Aliens and Predators. Horror movie monsters with distinctive appearances taken out of context on purpose.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Alacron posted:

Heck yeah! :cheers:

wait poo poo i may have hosed up

The sad thing is, that outfit does suit Shadow.

Shoulda had Sonic's hilariously 90s outfit from the OVA movie that gets stolen by an owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Apparently EVA isn't meant to be so much mocking their audience as saying 'The kids are hosed up, because every single authority figure in their lives has failed them miserably'.

• Locked thread