Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

toomanyninjas posted:

Not anymore. I just checked and it's totally fallen off now -- it goes from the replay to Legends House. I wonder if something happened to Vince? He's not been looking well lately.

edit: Also, does Raw not air on WWE Network? I see the preshow, but not the main event. I work tomorrow night and was hoping to be able to catch it later on for the fallout from the PPV.

No, it doesn't. But if you have cable you can watch it on USA's site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

toomanyninjas posted:

Not anymore. I just checked and it's totally fallen off now -- it goes from the replay to Legends House. I wonder if something happened to Vince? He's not been looking well lately.

Vince committed Seppuku in order to bring in Sting I bet.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It was all a shoot brother

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Raw and Smackdown are not on the network until 30 days after airing.

I guess I get why they don't simulcast, but it doesn't make any sense to me not to have it up at least a day or two later. I mean, the storyline will move forward by the end of the week, so even a one-week delay would still protect their first-run revenue.

But I'm not a professional business person.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The networks would pay the WWE less without that window

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
If you have the channel on cable (or borrow someone else's cable login), USA Network has a good-quality live stream (though it tends to lag 10-20 seconds behind the TV feed).

It is unfortunate, but WWE needs all the money they can get from networks, at this point.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

toomanyninjas posted:

I guess I get why they don't simulcast, but it doesn't make any sense to me not to have it up at least a day or two later. I mean, the storyline will move forward by the end of the week, so even a one-week delay would still protect their first-run revenue.

But I'm not a professional business person.

Because they already had prior streaming deals with Hulu for Raw and Smackdown. Once those are up, maybe we'll get them on the Network sooner. Or they'll keep those deals going for the revenue they get.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm honestly amazed that WWE gets the money they do from networks considering they're actively telling the audience to ignore the commercials and watch stuff ON THE APP.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Me and the girlfriend had a good time. Ziggler deserved some fame after all the times he's been beaten down. Seeing Sting on the show was a treat.

Mizdow and the Rabbit should be the tag team to beat. Just saying.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I like the fact that when they brought Sting in they did some real Monday Night Wars era main event overbooking but knocked it out of the loving park.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gough Suppressant posted:

I like the fact that when they brought Sting in they did some real Monday Night Wars era main event overbooking but knocked it out of the loving park.

Overbooking can be fine as long as its not how you end every event and its not totally nonsensical or executed confusingly

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Overbooking can be fine as long as its not how you end every event and its not totally nonsensical or executed confusingly

Yeah. The difference between tonight vs for example every PPV TNA had for a straight year with Jarrett as champ.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

If you have the channel on cable (or borrow someone else's cable login), USA Network has a good-quality live stream (though it tends to lag 10-20 seconds behind the TV feed).

It is unfortunate, but WWE needs all the money they can get from networks, at this point.

Tv deals are how all sporting events truly make money. Gate and Merch are a pittance.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That was beautiful man, hot drat. A perfectly booked main event, we didn't get Cena being the super jesus, we got Dolph having his Daniel Bryan moment kinda, so well done. And STING, that could not have been done better. Even little things like Rusev still not being pinned or submitted and how they did that, and the hot crowd, the goods have been delivered. Not only am I not disappointed this month, I'm pleased!

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
One very small thing I really enjoyed seeing was Ambrose making absolutely SURE that the table was set up right. He remembered!

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

That was the first main event since Mania that wasn't horrible, and it was in fact loving awesome. Good job Sting.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sir Jebus posted:

That was the first main event since Mania that wasn't horrible, and it was in fact loving awesome. Good job Sting.

Brock murdering Cena at Summerslam was pretty good :v:

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Brock murdering Cena at Summerslam was pretty good :v:

Yeah I take it back. This was better though!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sir Jebus posted:

Shield vs Evolution.

And the Mitb main event was great even with the bad finish.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Okay, I forgot all the good main events this year. Possibly because I enjoyed this one so much.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
THE ENTIRE WWE IS DOLPH ZIGGLER'S BITCH

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sir Jebus posted:

That Daniel Bryan\Kane match where Bryan jumped off the forklift was pretty great. Actually that whole PPV was fun as heck.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Luke Harper has some awesome expressions. He didn't even look scared of Rowan so much as "I'm proud of you, boy."

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

That Daniel Bryan\Kane match where Bryan jumped off the forklift was pretty great. Actually that whole PPV was fun as heck.

Actually no that was a really bad match.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DeathChicken posted:

Luke Harper has some awesome expressions. He didn't even look scared of Rowan so much as "I'm proud of you, boy."

Yeah, Harper is pretty great. He really commits to his character in body language and little moments too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sir Jebus posted:

Actually no that was a really bad match.

It was extremely good because it had a pallet and a 2000 Ford Taurus.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Gatts posted:

Yeah, Harper is pretty great. He really commits to his character in body language and little moments too.

Harper and Ambrose are both masters of body language in the ring, right now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

People in this very thread were calling this, literally, the worst PPV of all time.

Not only was it not that but it's probably in the top 3 of best PPVs this year. Best PPV since Summerslam at least.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

People in this thread are apparently very dumb. Even the worst thing on last night's show, the Diva match, managed to be pretty fun.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I did not like anything on the show outside of the main event. That doesn't make it the worst PPV of all time, but it does make it a weak show overall. If it wasn't for Sting showing up, I'd have probably put it at the same level as Battleground.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was less miffed about the match quality than the filler bullshit before the main.

The tag match was really fun. The divas elimination match was botchy but entertaining. The Bray-Dean match was really good.

It was the long, lovely Raw opening and the horrible pacing that dragged things down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

People in this thread are apparently very dumb. Even the worst thing on last night's show, the Diva match, managed to be pretty fun.

I didn't have fun with that Divas match, and came out of it with a weakened opinion of Naomi who I was previously pretty high on.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Until the dumb ending, I loved Bray/Ambrose. Just kicking the poo poo out of each other with chokeslams onto stairs and lariats and hosed up flying elbows. TLC will be cool.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Diva match had Summer Rae screaming in terror whenever anyone was about to hit her, then sneaking in, kicking people in the back and laughing. She was pretty much female Tully Blanchard.

Also the announcers seemed to be having one of their rare genuine moments cracking up at Alicia's chicken spot and dropping references to Adam Bomb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, It really seems like the commentary while not great, was at least having some fun, and it wasn't like someone was constantly yelling into their ears to repeat this line over and over again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DeathChicken posted:

People in this thread are apparently very dumb.

The way to win: Show up for the GDTs, don't post in the aftermath threads.

WAIT gently caress

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jokes aside, JBL's call of Sting coming down was perfect. "The WCW champ! The icon! THE FRANCHISE!" was a nice callback to WCW, only thing that was missing was "THIS! IS! STIIIIIIIIIIIIIING" :)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cole saying the line "Vince McMahon is a genius" had me cracking up because I imagine Vince feeding it to Cole.

Also, Paige isn't very nice to her teammates and I enjoyed the show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chokes McGee posted:

Jokes aside, JBL's call of Sting coming down was perfect. "The WCW champ! The icon! THE FRANCHISE!" was a nice callback to WCW, only thing that was missing was "THIS! IS! STIIIIIIIIIIIIIING" :)
What made it even better was knowing the second JBL said "THE FRANCHISE", Shane Douglas suddenly felt really angry and bitter for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sting

• Locked thread