Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have a friend coming by for a minute but I should be free around 415 or 430 if that works for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yes thats cool

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll post in here when I'm free if it's any earlier

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over Syracuse, 45-24.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Jumping on in like 5

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami over NC State, 35-17.

The Wolfpack had a good first drive and then it all kinda went to poo poo with some crucial red zone picks. Dio, you seem to really struggle against man, yet you can pick apart my zone. What's that about?

Also, lost my stud HB for half the season so there goes my hopes of winning the Heisman.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was pretty rusty this game and it definitely showed. You played a great game and were tearing me up. I make bad reads against man because I don't have receivers who can get separation.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sly you've got until tomorrow night to play your game. Then we advance.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Sorry, was out of town now family in town. Should have time tonight (Italy time) to play and if not I'll take a sim.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC r2a. I simmed all but the final drive and I think my Offence played better than I would have.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advance this thang.

Happy New Year and good morning by the way!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced we are. CPU games all around.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Play your game by Thursday. OR GOD HELP YOUR VIRTUAL COACH'S SOUL.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. CPU games all around, let's advance by Sunday guys (I have a bye and that's boring).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Won't be able to get my game in, so I'll accept a Sim. I've got to spend today prepping for a big interview

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, we have a game now. I forget your schedule, but I'm working from home today, so let me know if you have time and maybe we can knock it out early.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yup GT/UNC is our user game. All others play CPU.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

Sly, we have a game now. I forget your schedule, but I'm working from home today, so let me know if you have time and maybe we can knock it out early.

Wanna go at 1415 eastern today?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Wanna go at 1415 eastern today?
Sure that should work for me. Shouldn't have any work calls so I can take my lunch break then. I've got my 360 logged on already so just shoot me a message/invite when you're on!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a. I just got sacked 7x against loving Virginia. Should make for a great game against V-Tech :)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
What an absurd game

UNC over GT 41-10 in the weirdest game I've ever seen. Cletus blocked a FG which I've never seen in any iteration. I somehow fumbled on a forward pass that my lineman caught midair. Oh yeah and cletus fumbled 6 times. Two of those were "laterals" performed right after he picked me off, not sure why that happened. I did have aggressive tackling on since that's the only way I've found to beat you but you kept fumbling on offence even when I turned it back to normal. And fumbling 6 times sucks but to lose all of them? I think EA Bullshit didn't want you to win.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 12, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

What an absurd game

UNC over GT 41-10 in the weirdest game I've ever seen. Cletus blocked a FG which I've never seen in any iteration. I somehow fumbled on a forward pass that my lineman caught midair. Oh yeah and cletus fumbled 6 times. Two of those were "laterals" performed right after he picked me off, not sure why that happened. I did have aggressive tackling on since that's the only way I've found to beat you but you kept fumbling on offence even when I turned it back to normal. And fumbling 6 times sucks but to lose all of them? I think EA Bullshit didn't want you to win.
I was getting aggravated as hell at the game there! The laterals after picks happen if I'm trying to switch to the closest defender and strip the ball, but he has already made the pick before my commands get registered. It used to happen more often to me, then I didn't have it happen forever, and of course now it just happened twice in one game. I usually can tell if the player is in position to make a pick and would be hitting the catch button instead, but when it's a quick throw I don't always realize I have any defender in position for a pick.

And man the other fumbles were killers too. That one on my QB run was my fault though - I knew I should have just run it out of bounds. But the others were nuts. That one on the screen pass - I was surprised it wasn't reviewed as being an incomplete pass. Maybe I should have challenged it.

That was only my 2nd blocked XP ever in NCAA, the other was against a CPU opponent though. I was so happy when it happened because it kept me just 2 TDs down, but that was the last of any good luck I had!

GG!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

That one on the screen pass - I was surprised it wasn't reviewed as being an incomplete pass. Maybe I should have challenged it.

That one was a shocker. I don't think the ref makes "virtual" mistakes in user games though, I don't think a challenge ever is successful. Not sure I've had any success against the CPU either, I just wait for the booth to request a review.

Oh I forgot to add how you got completely screwed by the penalties, and some real costly BS ones too.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

That one was a shocker. I don't think the ref makes "virtual" mistakes in user games though, I don't think a challenge ever is successful. Not sure I've had any success against the CPU either, I just wait for the booth to request a review.

Oh I forgot to add how you got completely screwed by the penalties, and some real costly BS ones too.
I've definitely had some challenges that worked out, but I'm not sure it would have worked in this case - I think the challenge would have been "spot of the ball" and not "completed pass" which would have just checked where you landed with the ball after recovering.

Yes, yes, that was definitely one of my worst games since I've become a decent player. Just all-around bad luck including those penalties (that one late hit was definitely not late, I dove before the ball was out of the QB's hands I'm sure of it!). You definitely played tough and deserved the win, I think even if I hadn't had those stupid interception-to-fumbles it would probably have only resulted in me being a TD closer in the final score. It's hard to play this offensive playbook when your opponent is keen to it - the CPU is much easier to pull it off with. :)

And man, my QB was #1 in the Heisman race going into this week!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm gonna aim to advance this tomorrow night unless there is an objection or request for more time.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If I have a game I can finish it by like 630 pm est

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

If I have a game I can finish it by like 630 pm est

I won't be home before that so you're good.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

#1 UNC vs #2 VT in Lane Stadium. That #1 spot is mine.

Everyone else plays the CPU. Maybe monday or if not Tuesday morning my time if that's possible?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
No times this weekend? I'm also home all day today actually. I'm good to go from when you wake up to 3PM Eastern on any day. Monday would work better for me from noon to 3PM eastern as I may go into work.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

No times this weekend? I'm also home all day today actually. I'm good to go from when you wake up to 3PM Eastern on any day. Monday would work better for me from noon to 3PM eastern as I may go into work.

I'm going out of town for a wedding in Colorado this weekend, and I won't be back until midnight Sunday.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Enjoy that legal weed and high quality beer dude

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Enjoy that legal weed and high quality beer dude

:woop: :woop: Y'all know :whatup:

Also since we're gonna be in boulder might try to hit the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory for limited edition tea.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Boulder is real weird to me because of the lack of black people

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Boulder is real weird to me because of the lack of black people

Given that I work in the Austin Hood, this will be weird for me too.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
No work today for me so any time between when you wake up and 3 PM will probably work. The closer to that mid afternoon time the better probably.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

No work today for me so any time between when you wake up and 3 PM will probably work. The closer to that mid afternoon time the better probably.

3 pm est work for you? Or is that too late? If not I'll have plenty of time this weekend.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
let me give you a maybe on that. Baby is sick which I don't think will change things but might. I'll let you know closer.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll have mine done this afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Should be able to play. I'll be logged into the dynasty but likely won't be ready until actually 3 eastern or a bit after. so ill invite you.

• Locked thread