Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Slywalker13 posted:

Should be able to play. I'll be logged into the dynasty but likely won't be ready until actually 3 eastern or a bit after. so ill invite you.

Sounds good I'll see you about then, maybe a few mins earlier if I can manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
VT over UNC 16-7. My D played a lot better than I expected and I felt like I should have had this one but haven't had that little going on offence in a while. Who is your number #3 CB? The dude just smothers out routes while in man, it wasn't open all day (leading to the first pick, the second was me throwing just before the break and your guy somehow made it first). Everyone else was insane in man too. Do you somehow direct training? Seriously you don't even need safeties. Oh well, holding you to a slew of FGs does nothing if I can't capitalize.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

VT over UNC 16-7. My D played a lot better than I expected and I felt like I should have had this one but haven't had that little going on offence in a while. Who is your number #3 CB? The dude just smothers out routes while in man, it wasn't open all day (leading to the first pick, the second was me throwing just before the break and your guy somehow made it first). Everyone else was insane in man too. Do you somehow direct training? Seriously you don't even need safeties. Oh well, holding you to a slew of FGs does nothing if I can't capitalize.

As always your red zone and option defense are stifling. I knew points would be at a premium and I got a lot of big stops when you moved into my territory especially in the first half. Bush has been a great #3 corner, i finally felt like all my busts were on zone coverages and I'd be best served just going man and coming after your qb. I was statistically worse in every category execpt for TO margin and my one big punt return to let me kick the FG as the first half expired making it a 2 score game. Really tough on offense for both of us honestly.

For a game I never trailed it, it really felt like it was going to get away from me in the 2nd half. My defense really played outstanding for all but 1 drive in the 3rd. I can't direct training, but these guys have been waiting for their turn a few years, and I always put my coach points into anything Man Coverage related first.

Today's games that I played were totally draining. Advanced, I know I play Texas, but I can't remember if there are any other user games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Have any of you ever tried converting a punter to kicker, or vice versa?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Have any of you ever tried converting a punter to kicker, or vice versa?

Yeah they are basically interchangeable spots. Should really be 1 roster designation honestly.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

EA bullshit was so real against FSU.

r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Dio we have a game I think. I'm good noon to 3PM eastern on the weekdays.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I work 8-5 so there's no way I can play in that schedule during the week

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas when do you think you'll have time?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Dio when this weekend works for you? I am buy Sunday until probably 9am EST and can go most of today until 3 or maybe 4PM EST.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I don't have anything set in stone for today, but my girlfriend has the day off, so I can't plan much. Tomorrow I can play any time after 1pm EST

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas, if you don't surface and post something today I'm gonna AP you tomorrow and get our game through.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

Dio when this weekend works for you? I am buy Sunday until probably 9am EST and can go most of today until 3 or maybe 4PM EST.

Want to plan on like 2est?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

Want to plan on like 2est?

Yeah this should work

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be on in a few minutes.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Did not expect that loss NC State over UNC 20-12. I need to reevaluate a lot, I am suddenly completely unable to pass. 6 INTs. And that was with EA bullshit trying to keep me in the game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

It was actually 7 ints but who is counting

Gg as always boss

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wreckus appeared from the ether and we played our game. Hokies dominated 42-10.

Advanced:

NCSU vs BC
Miami vs GT :siren:

Big division games ahoy!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

BC, evenings between 5-8 are best for me

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
JB, I might be able to play tonight. I've got a lot of work I'm doing, and I'll probably want to take a break from it at some point. I'll look for you online and/or can post in GroupMe if I'm getting close to a stopping point.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

JB, I might be able to play tonight. I've got a lot of work I'm doing, and I'll probably want to take a break from it at some point. I'll look for you online and/or can post in GroupMe if I'm getting close to a stopping point.

I'll be around after 6pm CT. Just post here.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

I'll be around after 6pm CT. Just post here.
I'm online now, I'll look for you logging in.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

BC, evenings between 5-8 are best for me

I could go tomorrow possibly between 6-8

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami over GT, 35-14.

Not many breaks on defense for the Yellowjackets. GG, Cletus.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 26, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Miami over GT, 35-14.

Not many breakdown defense for the Yellowjackets. GG, Cletus.
GG, that was a tough one. I couldn't get anything past you. Surprised I didn't throw a pick in the game, that was a positive!

Maybe I need to start thinking about making some changes to this playbook though. It's a lot tougher to run in user games.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I could go tomorrow possibly between 6-8

I have something going on at 7 so unless we can start right at 6 that's a no go

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

GG, that was a tough one. I couldn't get anything past you. Surprised I didn't throw a pick in the game, that was a positive!

Maybe I need to start thinking about making some changes to this playbook though. It's a lot tougher to run in user games.

Personally I think it comes down to the fact that it just doesn't develop as quickly and your guys aren't as responsive as real people. Running a pure triple option wishbone requires a lot of deception and change of direction guys behind the line of scrimmage which can be hard to replicate fast enough in the game imo. Plus passing becomes something like your #3 HB vs a #1 safety or #3 corner which just isn't a great matchup.

I would personally recommend if you want to keep a lot of the option bits, move to the pistol/shotgun with 2 back sets. I think you'll have an easier time executing triple option concepts without needing a true B back while adding actual passing concepts worth a drat to the playbook.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Hmm maybe I should stop simming my games, just realized my starting DT is out for 4 weeks. Also, Z what offensive playbook do you run? I am still just running a default one since I am too overwhelmed/lazy to make my own.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Hmm maybe I should stop simming my games, just realized my starting DT is out for 4 weeks. Also, Z what offensive playbook do you run? I am still just running a default one since I am too overwhelmed/lazy to make my own.

I made my own. I've used one since whenever they introduced it (12 I think?). Pick a "multiple" playbook and you basically have access to every formation. Some of the air raid/spread ones have different sets, but that'll give you just about all you need.

I used to run a single back under center deal, but it's not quite as effective and the read option is too good in this game not to utilize it. So after our dear departed FSU torched me in the first ACC title game with the pistol, i am basically all a custom playbook with pistol and shotgun sets that mix and match. Same with the defense, although you could include everything and it wouldn't max it out. The defensive playbook is so much smaller. I tend to just pick a few extra formations on top of my 4-3 base, which I prefer because it gives a true Nickel defense with 4 down linemen.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Yeah I've got my own defensive playbook which works well although I'll never buy into the 4-3. I've just been using the default Virginia Tech playbook for offense which I know well but really only run like 20 plays out of. I think it's clear where my biggest weakness is when I can hold VT to 17 or Dio to 20 (despite 7 picks) but I still come away with a loss.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Yeah I've got my own defensive playbook which works well although I'll never buy into the 4-3. I've just been using the default Virginia Tech playbook for offense which I know well but really only run like 20 plays out of. I think it's clear where my biggest weakness is when I can hold VT to 17 or Dio to 20 (despite 7 picks) but I still come away with a loss.

Your defensive performances are outstanding, especially in the red zone. You hold me to FGs more than anyone in these leagues. You want to run under center a lot, and I dunno I just don't think that works so well this year (outside of counters which I am always burned by but rarely able to capitalize on). This years game is just slanted way more towards the pistol/shotgun formations. They're a lot more plays and they seem to execute smoother for whatever reason.

If y'all folks want some sort of write up about how I built my offensive playbook I can do that (it would be extensive).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

When are we advancing?

Don't be scared now, Z.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah so wreckus hasn't really responded

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Yeah so wreckus hasn't really responded

I'll put him on AP and you can get it done. Sly you also have a CPU game to play.

John Brown posted:

Don't be scared now, Z.

We all know I OWN YOUR rear end in the ACC. Start quivering in your booties son. This pass rush is comin for ya.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 29, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'll take a sim.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I'll take a sim.

Y'all got till Saturday evening because I'm working Saturday and Friday night I'm gonna be busy with not video games.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I took care of mine last night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

CPU games for all except for....

#3 MIAMI @ #1 VT #Top5Battle :siren:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Advanced.

CPU games for all except for....

#3 MIAMI @ #1 VT #Top5Battle :siren:

When you trynna do this? Right now, or tomorrow night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

When you trynna do this? Right now, or tomorrow night?

Definitely not right now. Possibly tomorrow night later (10 pm +).

• Locked thread