Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I like the sound of UNC, NCSU and GT in the same division and making UNC vs VT a rivalry or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I like the sound of UNC, NCSU and GT in the same division and making UNC vs VT a rivalry or something like that.
This sounds good to me. Having to face VT, Miami, and UNC every season was crazy. Not that I've fared much better against UNC and NCSt, but UNC has been my only upset victory and I gave NCSt a tough quarter or two one time.

I am pretty sure I've only won two user games in this dynasty. :) (the upset over UNC and a win over Virginia the season that I joined along with whoever it was who joined at the same time as Virginia)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I think we should be in the same division, spliting us up and having a bowl game would be a little anemic with 6 guys. I think moving GT into the atlantic is the best plan. While I'd love to move and have a better chance to play in the championship game, I'm not sure it'd be balanced.

You know as I type this I was going to go on about how Dio's win was a fluke and I'll never throw 6 picks against him again but I'm remember now I've lost to BC as well. I still think moving GT into the atlantic is the best for balance but as the most inconsistent player, moving me isn't absurd.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I want Texas to weigh in on his feelings on being in the VT/Miami division. I'd be amenable to such a shift.

Cross Division Rival Chat:
VT/GT
Miami/UNC
BC/NCSU

Or if we want no one with a user cross division game

VT/Clemson
Miami/FSU (still)
BC/Syracuse (i think that's a rivalry game)

e: Position Changes get em in before tomorrow night!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 6, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

When do you plan on advancing?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

When do you plan on advancing?

Probably tonight (friday), but I can wait till Saturday if folks need more time.

e: Still furious that my heir apparent at SS who was a top recruit left because of playing time when he was next man up. So i've been forced to move a senior 6'6 245 LB to SS (his stats will look okay but his OVR won't be great because of the hit to AWR that a position change tends to slam, is going to be not as good as it should be).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 6, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Probably tonight (friday), but I can wait till Saturday if folks need more time.

e: Still furious that my heir apparent at SS who was a top recruit left because of playing time when he was next man up. So i've been forced to move a senior 6'6 245 LB to SS (his stats will look okay but his OVR won't be great because of the hit to AWR that a position change tends to slam, is going to be not as good as it should be).

I'll be ready to advance by late tonight.

By the way, I try to combat players leaving by subbing them in during the 4th quarter of CPU games. Also, if they predecessor is a Senior I'll let the younger play start in a bowl game because why not. Awards are already given at that point, and the exp from breaking records is meh.

E: r2a

John Brown fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 7, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Player Cuts, probably until Sunday night for this one. Because after that it's basically next season.

Still taking input on divisions!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I have mentioned how I hate edited posts? I missed position changes. I don't think it screwed me too much as I just got one walk-on I can't cut and stats don't increase on recruits (who are the only guys I'd move) until they've been on the team for a year. Still, it makes it quite hard to cut players while trying to mentally store what position you'd actually like them to be in.

Someone remind me next year that I need to shuffle around both true and red shirt freshmen.

R2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I've really been considering giving you guys my two sense on red shirting and position changes. I look at your rosters and see so much lost potential because many of you think you need the BPA RIGHT NOW - even though his backup is only two points lower and has already been redshirted.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Did we already get through redshirting? Every step we go, I always check the rosters tab for the redshirt tab, and didn't think I'd seen it yet.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Oh my god my offense is hosed. I'm replacing every single starter on my OL and I don't return a single starting WR. I have 8 catches for 90 yards worth of experience returning at WR. I've got a great QB, RB and TE, so I'll be continuing my rich tradition of the ground and pound. I'm really excited for this secondary. I have 4 starter quality CBs with experience returning.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I have already determined that moving forward if a recruit is someone who I know will be a starter they're gonna get PT as a sub even in their freshman year. I've only lost 2 guys to transfer that mattered, but both of them would have been spared if I'd just played them sparingly. But I already build sub packages for lots of players so when they get tired I just change formations.

Sometimes it's valuable to play the younger guy over the vet since you'll have them longer, kinda depends sometimes the thing that 2 pts is is play recognition or awareness and I think a big part of why my defense is so good is because you aren't a starter without 85+ in both those areas. Younger guys might be almost as talented, but if they will literally ignore what happens in front of them (which I've watched happen so many times) then it's not worth it.

Sly - Super sorry about the edit that you missed, I will just double post in the future for all advances my bad.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

For my QBs and HBs I always start the younger guy if he has some quality that distinguishes him from the current starter even if he is 5-10 points worse. My current starter, QB and Heisman Candidate, Chad Jenkins esq, came in at like 82 OVR compared to a pocket QB who was in the mid-90s. I wanted to have a faster QB so I accepted the much lower AWR and THP and let the kid grow over 4 years.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I never lose more than one player during the offseason. Most times I don't lose any.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I never lose more than one player during the offseason. Most times I don't lose any.

I've only lost the the 2. Mostly the comeback for your degree works. If a guy is very low its almost not worth pitching them anything because they'll usually leave anyway. Have not convinced one transfer to stay. I may have lost some 60 something ovr DE, it's just that the guys the game chooses to have transfer do so for the stupidest reason at the thinnest spot, it literally defies logic.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 7, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a

Yea it's really random. However, if I get a freshman player I may choose not to redshirt him, and give him some playing time in the 4th quarter of CPU games. This includes all positions. What this does is it gives them PT early so they don't bitch about being redshirted their Sophomore year.

E: I believe we're r2a because Wreckus doesn't do offseasons.

E2: This year's recruiting will essentially determine if I return or not. Not only is my oline going to be trash (I'm really surprised you guys are having this problem), but I'm having a hard time finding a QB with THP and mobility.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 8, 2015

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
I try to do offseasons, but dont get on enough I guess lol. I dont really have any input on divisions considering I lose most games anyway #losersmentality

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Miami is r2a

Yea it's really random. However, if I get a freshman player I may choose not to redshirt him, and give him some playing time in the 4th quarter of CPU games. This includes all positions. What this does is it gives them PT early so they don't bitch about being redshirted their Sophomore year.

E: I believe we're r2a because Wreckus doesn't do offseasons.

E2: This year's recruiting will essentially determine if I return or not. Not only is my oline going to be trash (I'm really surprised you guys are having this problem), but I'm having a hard time finding a QB with THP and mobility.

Stop recruiting QBs and find ATHs with the right THP/THA values. I've never started a pure QB in this years iteration. They really cleaned up the ATH position in this version.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Stop recruiting QBs and find ATHs with the right THP/THA values. I've never started a pure QB in this years iteration. They really cleaned up the ATH position in this version.

It's nearly impossible to do now without coach xp. The best I got was an athlete with 81THP.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Give that guy a redshirt year and he'll be alright.

We are at custom conferences and I've switched up the divisions as discussed. I took off protected rivalries so scheduling will be out of my hands in that regard. People will rotate on and out and whatever happens happens!

This is where you can reset coach points if you have them.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 10, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
What was our final decision for alignment?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Atlantic:
Clemson
FSU
UNC
NCSU
GT
WF
Syracuse

Coastal:
Boston College
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
South Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech

I did momentarily debate putting UVA in the Atlantic in exchange for Cuse to make it as ACC vs Big East as possible, but decided against it since I'd hate my Hokie to not get to mop up against UVA every year. Which at least without protected rivalries for a year I wanted to avoid. I may also move South Carolina back to the SEC for Duke and return us to an irl ACC world given we are unlikely to have a full dynasty again.

S6: As many seasons as users

e: Hey Wreckus we still on for tonight? Got a time you're thinking will work?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 10, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oh sweet, looks like I hired a new OC who came over with completely maxed out skills.

Can't remember where my OC was at before though, but I think he was still on the 2nd tier.

Another weird thing I noticed while looking around - I could swear I had brought up maybe last season that I couldn't find myself even listed as the HC for GT in the game, and that no matter how you filtered it, you'd never see an HC listed for GT. Now, I'm definitely showing up. Still don't have coach goals, so I don't think it will make any difference. But just another oddity.

e: Hey Wreckus we still on for tonight? Got a time you're thinking will work?
Guessing this is for the Big10/Pac12 dynasty? For a second I was wondering how we were going to be advancing to week 1 here that quickly.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 10, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Guessing this is for the Big10/Pac12 dynasty? For a second I was wondering how we were going to be advancing to week 1 here that quickly.

Ooops lol yeah

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll try and move this forward tonight, was going to last night then it turned into a lovely night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Pre Season.

New thread prb on Friday before we advance to week 1.

I changed up the conference rules and we are back to 8 conference games for some reason sorry y'all. Preliminary reports appear to show most of us will have 2 maybe 3 user games. Perhaps this season will be fast and I can try to rectify that.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Also Miami is our highest rated team this year with 99 OVR for OVR/OFF/DEF/SPT. VT is 2nd with 97 OVR 99 OFF/95 DEF/ 99 SPT.

I'm annoyed about how the schedules worked out and I'm not sure if I can get us back to 9 conference games, but perhaps with 4 OOC games again we can kill some more ranked teams and get folks to play some tougher CPU games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That is very loving misleading.

Also, I'd greatly appreciate you guys not going after recruits that have me as number one :pray:

E: Especially linemen...

E2: Actually, I'd be down with some arbitrary as gently caress agreement of not going after recruits who have a user as their number 1 school. Of course this is biased.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 13, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just this once I will let you have linemen who have you listed #1 if I'm on there with them.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'd have to look before I agree to that, I only have like 3 linemen over 70OVR that rate me in their top 10.

I agree that those team rankings are worthless, interesting but not very predictive from what I've seen. That year where UNC lead in every defensive category (other than takeaways) what my worst rated defence. Meanwhile my two 99OVR DTs I had playing at the same time at USC were completely worthless, even on inside runs.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I'd have to look before I agree to that, I only have like 3 linemen over 70OVR that rate me in their top 10.

I agree that those team rankings are worthless, interesting but not very predictive from what I've seen. That year where UNC lead in every defensive category (other than takeaways) what my worst rated defence. Meanwhile my two 99OVR DTs I had playing at the same time at USC were completely worthless, even on inside runs.

I know I just figured JB might like being top dog in this dynasty in something.

:iceburn:

Serious though, you are right, I've had 99 OVR def for a while and it's all kinda hit or miss on where the strength of it is. I also firmly believe that the only way to be truly lock down is with a maxed out or at least half full D coordinator. That first title run I had was almost entirely bouyed by the fact that my maxed D coordinator made my defenders superhumans.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I will continue to own you in bowl games - the problem is getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3706279

NEW THREAD

• Locked thread