Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Yeah I could have used a move to the other division! drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey, sorry, I wasn't able to get my game in before we left Tuesday afternoon for Thanksgiving.

I'll do my recruiting stuff from the web. If you can wait for me, I'd of course prefer that, but I won't be mad at ya if you want to move on. I'll be able to play by Saturday, that's when I'll be getting home.

I didn't realize 3 of you had byes or I'd have tried to have gotten it in before we left. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

You can have till Saturday, BYU is not a soft enough opponent to guarantee a Simmed win.
Cool, thanks. Driving the whole way back to NYC from North Carolina today/tonight so tomorrow will be no problem.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over BYU.

Thanks for waiting!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
In a preview of this weekend's game, GT crushes FSU, 56-28.

QB Griffin went 17/21 for 323 yards passing, 11 carries for 130 yards rushing, and accounted for 7 total TDs. No turnovers by GT, 2 picks thrown by FSU.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
My vacation plans: I'm leaving Friday the 19th, getting back Tuesday the 23rd. I will technically be available at some points on the 24th/25th. Then leaving to a wedding on the 26th, will get back on the 28th.

I have a CPU game when we advance. If we can advance before Friday morning, I'll be able to get that game in before I leave.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over Syracuse, 45-24.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, we have a game now. I forget your schedule, but I'm working from home today, so let me know if you have time and maybe we can knock it out early.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Wanna go at 1415 eastern today?
Sure that should work for me. Shouldn't have any work calls so I can take my lunch break then. I've got my 360 logged on already so just shoot me a message/invite when you're on!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

What an absurd game

UNC over GT 41-10 in the weirdest game I've ever seen. Cletus blocked a FG which I've never seen in any iteration. I somehow fumbled on a forward pass that my lineman caught midair. Oh yeah and cletus fumbled 6 times. Two of those were "laterals" performed right after he picked me off, not sure why that happened. I did have aggressive tackling on since that's the only way I've found to beat you but you kept fumbling on offence even when I turned it back to normal. And fumbling 6 times sucks but to lose all of them? I think EA Bullshit didn't want you to win.
I was getting aggravated as hell at the game there! The laterals after picks happen if I'm trying to switch to the closest defender and strip the ball, but he has already made the pick before my commands get registered. It used to happen more often to me, then I didn't have it happen forever, and of course now it just happened twice in one game. I usually can tell if the player is in position to make a pick and would be hitting the catch button instead, but when it's a quick throw I don't always realize I have any defender in position for a pick.

And man the other fumbles were killers too. That one on my QB run was my fault though - I knew I should have just run it out of bounds. But the others were nuts. That one on the screen pass - I was surprised it wasn't reviewed as being an incomplete pass. Maybe I should have challenged it.

That was only my 2nd blocked XP ever in NCAA, the other was against a CPU opponent though. I was so happy when it happened because it kept me just 2 TDs down, but that was the last of any good luck I had!

GG!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

That one was a shocker. I don't think the ref makes "virtual" mistakes in user games though, I don't think a challenge ever is successful. Not sure I've had any success against the CPU either, I just wait for the booth to request a review.

Oh I forgot to add how you got completely screwed by the penalties, and some real costly BS ones too.
I've definitely had some challenges that worked out, but I'm not sure it would have worked in this case - I think the challenge would have been "spot of the ball" and not "completed pass" which would have just checked where you landed with the ball after recovering.

Yes, yes, that was definitely one of my worst games since I've become a decent player. Just all-around bad luck including those penalties (that one late hit was definitely not late, I dove before the ball was out of the QB's hands I'm sure of it!). You definitely played tough and deserved the win, I think even if I hadn't had those stupid interception-to-fumbles it would probably have only resulted in me being a TD closer in the final score. It's hard to play this offensive playbook when your opponent is keen to it - the CPU is much easier to pull it off with. :)

And man, my QB was #1 in the Heisman race going into this week!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
JB, I might be able to play tonight. I've got a lot of work I'm doing, and I'll probably want to take a break from it at some point. I'll look for you online and/or can post in GroupMe if I'm getting close to a stopping point.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I'll be around after 6pm CT. Just post here.
I'm online now, I'll look for you logging in.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Miami over GT, 35-14.

Not many breakdown defense for the Yellowjackets. GG, Cletus.
GG, that was a tough one. I couldn't get anything past you. Surprised I didn't throw a pick in the game, that was a positive!

Maybe I need to start thinking about making some changes to this playbook though. It's a lot tougher to run in user games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, when are you available to play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Probably this weekend is likely to be our best bet. Sunday morning maybe?
I'm sure I'll be around. Don't think I've got any plans for either Sat/Sun morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

As always I await a true challenger, but I look forward to playing NCSU again as my VT squad has done every year of this dynasty somehow.
Hey man, you have a true challenger waiting for you right now. Don't forget about GT. :smith:

I may or may not have made some playbook changes!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I actually was going to suggest cletus because I like playing that dude
Aw shucks ;-*

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus tomorrow morning?
Yeah, I'll be around. Any time in particular you want to try for?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Should be fine for me. See you then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm online now and will continue to be. Just letting you know in case you can hop on any earlier.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

VT finishes their user game slate undefeated again in the regular season with a 38-14 W over GT. Game was close until the end of the first half where 2 short fields set me up to stretch my lead out to 17 before a late TD from GT cut it to 10. The Jackets wouldn't score again after failing to convert at least 3 4th and shorts and an INT in the 2nd half. I wouldn't call any part of the game dominating, I think it could have stayed closer with cletus aiming to play tight with field position, but I also understand feeling like if you don't score every drive it won't matter anyway. Can't fault it, my team just murdered his interior O line in short down and distance.
Yeah, I played more aggressively than I usually do. Felt like I needed to get some momentum and at least convert on one of those 4th downs to have any shot. It didn't feel like a dominating loss at least like you said, and that was about all I could hope for. :)

GT takes it out on UGA, 49-35. r2a!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
My first game results didn't count from a "commissioner has made changes to the dynasty" message, so I said gently caress it and didn't pass the ball once in the rematch and crushed BYU 58-29. Heisman Winner QB Griffin rushed for 416 yards on 36 carries for 4 TDs.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Also, as we get ready to start S6, we are in literally uncharted territory there should be no more players on rosters that began life there as a real person. Every player from here on out should have been a recruited player. We finally hit the point where who recruited enough will come into play.
This is very scary for me. :)

18 players leaving, 12 of them 88+ OVR. Leaving my two highest rated players a 93 OVR DT I convinced to stay and my 92 OVR punter. This will be interesting.

Heisman Winner Ty Griffin not even projected to be drafted - but projected to have 2 round 1s, 2 round 2s, 2 round 5s, and a round 7 out of the other players leaving. Probably won't get any XP from it, but maybe. Maybe that's one of the things I do actually get XP for.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Should have a decent recruiting class for the first time here, but I definitely didn't have great ones my first few seasons, so I have no idea how my team will be in the upcoming season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I like the sound of UNC, NCSU and GT in the same division and making UNC vs VT a rivalry or something like that.
This sounds good to me. Having to face VT, Miami, and UNC every season was crazy. Not that I've fared much better against UNC and NCSt, but UNC has been my only upset victory and I gave NCSt a tough quarter or two one time.

I am pretty sure I've only won two user games in this dynasty. :) (the upset over UNC and a win over Virginia the season that I joined along with whoever it was who joined at the same time as Virginia)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Did we already get through redshirting? Every step we go, I always check the rosters tab for the redshirt tab, and didn't think I'd seen it yet.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oh sweet, looks like I hired a new OC who came over with completely maxed out skills.

Can't remember where my OC was at before though, but I think he was still on the 2nd tier.

Another weird thing I noticed while looking around - I could swear I had brought up maybe last season that I couldn't find myself even listed as the HC for GT in the game, and that no matter how you filtered it, you'd never see an HC listed for GT. Now, I'm definitely showing up. Still don't have coach goals, so I don't think it will make any difference. But just another oddity.

e: Hey Wreckus we still on for tonight? Got a time you're thinking will work?
Guessing this is for the Big10/Pac12 dynasty? For a second I was wondering how we were going to be advancing to week 1 here that quickly.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

• Locked thread