Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I've still got TJ Logan who is (still?) a real life Tar Heel so not quite all original rosters. Man my D dropped fast. My secondary is adequate but folks will run at will against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Getting crowded in the coastal

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
FYI I'm out of town until the 18th. I'll take a sim against the CPU.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

Hey Sly, let me know a good time. I'm free all day today .

I should really stop posting while exhausted.

Just landed, can you go anytimes in the early afternoon (like before 3?) otherwise I could maybe do super late Thursday or Friday. And most times Saturday before 1500. All times eastern.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sorry, was out of town now family in town. Should have time tonight (Italy time) to play and if not I'll take a sim.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC r2a. I simmed all but the final drive and I think my Offence played better than I would have.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

Sly, we have a game now. I forget your schedule, but I'm working from home today, so let me know if you have time and maybe we can knock it out early.

Wanna go at 1415 eastern today?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
What an absurd game

UNC over GT 41-10 in the weirdest game I've ever seen. Cletus blocked a FG which I've never seen in any iteration. I somehow fumbled on a forward pass that my lineman caught midair. Oh yeah and cletus fumbled 6 times. Two of those were "laterals" performed right after he picked me off, not sure why that happened. I did have aggressive tackling on since that's the only way I've found to beat you but you kept fumbling on offence even when I turned it back to normal. And fumbling 6 times sucks but to lose all of them? I think EA Bullshit didn't want you to win.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 12, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

That one on the screen pass - I was surprised it wasn't reviewed as being an incomplete pass. Maybe I should have challenged it.

That one was a shocker. I don't think the ref makes "virtual" mistakes in user games though, I don't think a challenge ever is successful. Not sure I've had any success against the CPU either, I just wait for the booth to request a review.

Oh I forgot to add how you got completely screwed by the penalties, and some real costly BS ones too.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
No times this weekend? I'm also home all day today actually. I'm good to go from when you wake up to 3PM Eastern on any day. Monday would work better for me from noon to 3PM eastern as I may go into work.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
No work today for me so any time between when you wake up and 3 PM will probably work. The closer to that mid afternoon time the better probably.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
let me give you a maybe on that. Baby is sick which I don't think will change things but might. I'll let you know closer.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Should be able to play. I'll be logged into the dynasty but likely won't be ready until actually 3 eastern or a bit after. so ill invite you.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
VT over UNC 16-7. My D played a lot better than I expected and I felt like I should have had this one but haven't had that little going on offence in a while. Who is your number #3 CB? The dude just smothers out routes while in man, it wasn't open all day (leading to the first pick, the second was me throwing just before the break and your guy somehow made it first). Everyone else was insane in man too. Do you somehow direct training? Seriously you don't even need safeties. Oh well, holding you to a slew of FGs does nothing if I can't capitalize.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Dio we have a game I think. I'm good noon to 3PM eastern on the weekdays.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Dio when this weekend works for you? I am buy Sunday until probably 9am EST and can go most of today until 3 or maybe 4PM EST.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

Want to plan on like 2est?

Yeah this should work

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Did not expect that loss NC State over UNC 20-12. I need to reevaluate a lot, I am suddenly completely unable to pass. 6 INTs. And that was with EA bullshit trying to keep me in the game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Hmm maybe I should stop simming my games, just realized my starting DT is out for 4 weeks. Also, Z what offensive playbook do you run? I am still just running a default one since I am too overwhelmed/lazy to make my own.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Yeah I've got my own defensive playbook which works well although I'll never buy into the 4-3. I've just been using the default Virginia Tech playbook for offense which I know well but really only run like 20 plays out of. I think it's clear where my biggest weakness is when I can hold VT to 17 or Dio to 20 (despite 7 picks) but I still come away with a loss.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'll take a sim.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
JB, what's your Saturday look like?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
JB how about 2PM EST tomorrow? That's eastern since I screwed up time zones before.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Miami over UNC 24-20. Good game JB, both our secondaries seemed to be on lock down giving you an absurd amount of sacks while I just flushed you a bunch. My favorite part of that game was my 88 yard drive with 8 seconds left at the half for a TD. Connecting on back-to-back Hail Marys is just silly. I feel like I'm not thinking as fast as I once that's giving me my problems with my passing game. Also the reason I just plowed into your guy at the end of the game making it 4th and 1 as a simple juke would have given me the first down and the game. It was one of my more enjoyable losses so thanks.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I am out of town until the 19th so you can AP me

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm going to say sim it. I'm starting to feel myself care only about user games and recruiting and less and less about CPU games.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

We finally hit the point where who recruited enough will come into play.

And yet I project another Russell Athletic Bowl for me. Can we rename it the UNC bowl?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC ready to secure another #1 class.

I was sad not to see the tar heels not ranked highly on defence. I may have to stop simming, at least this league.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Bear Bryant, new head coach at VT.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Offensive lines will be a joke.

What's the verdict on the division rebalance? I know longer have a strong desire about having a protected rivalry with Dio (i.e. It's no longer a likely win and I can't afford extra losses if it's me Z and JB.)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I think we should be in the same division, spliting us up and having a bowl game would be a little anemic with 6 guys. I think moving GT into the atlantic is the best plan. While I'd love to move and have a better chance to play in the championship game, I'm not sure it'd be balanced.

You know as I type this I was going to go on about how Dio's win was a fluke and I'll never throw 6 picks against him again but I'm remember now I've lost to BC as well. I still think moving GT into the atlantic is the best for balance but as the most inconsistent player, moving me isn't absurd.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I have mentioned how I hate edited posts? I missed position changes. I don't think it screwed me too much as I just got one walk-on I can't cut and stats don't increase on recruits (who are the only guys I'd move) until they've been on the team for a year. Still, it makes it quite hard to cut players while trying to mentally store what position you'd actually like them to be in.

Someone remind me next year that I need to shuffle around both true and red shirt freshmen.

R2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
What was our final decision for alignment?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC r2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'd have to look before I agree to that, I only have like 3 linemen over 70OVR that rate me in their top 10.

I agree that those team rankings are worthless, interesting but not very predictive from what I've seen. That year where UNC lead in every defensive category (other than takeaways) what my worst rated defence. Meanwhile my two 99OVR DTs I had playing at the same time at USC were completely worthless, even on inside runs.

• Locked thread