Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:siren: Registration is finished and emails have all been sent! :siren:

It's that time of year again, folks!

For those of you who don't know what a Secret Santa is, or have not seen the one done every year in GBS and other subforums, it's pretty simple. You sign up for the event by emailing the address later in this post. A couple of days after registration ends you will be receiving an email telling you the name and address of someone else who has registered for the event. You send them a gift, and receive a gift from a completely different person.

What do I need to know about before signing up?

1) If you sign up you are expected to buy a gift. Shocking rule huh? If there is a problem please let me know and we'll work something out somehow.

2) If you are not a regular TRP poster, you will probably be rejected. I will have a manual screening process for these people, however.

3) The window price will be £10 to £15 (or $15 to $20 if you're from across the pond) before shipping. When you receive your person, you'll be asked to give something at least in this range. You can, if you wish to do so, give a gift that costs more than this range, just do not get mad if you do not receive such a large gift. Your giver may just not have the funds to give so. Also, please remember that you may be shipping a gift to another continent, so shipping might be pricey.

Sounds awesome, what next?

A) Post in this thread and give a rundown of your interests.

B) Send an email to :siren:trpss2014@gmail.com:siren: with the following information

* Your forums name (in the email, and also in the subject line of the email, as this makes it A LOT easier for me)
* Your actual government/legal name
* Your Age and Sex (this info will be given to your Santa so that they can pick a better gift for you)
* Your clothing size, as tshirts are common gifts
* Your home address, including postal/zip code. College students, this is not your mailbox number at college. This is where the people who are paying your bills live. Also if you're ibroxmassive please remember which of your 20 addresses you give.
* However if you want it sent to your college address, please list it here. Just remember that these gifts will be primarily sent out around the holiday break so you might not be there.
* A link to your forums profile (to facilitate post stalking).
* In the email and also in your post, let people know about yourself. Tell us what you are like as a person and what you are interested in regards to not only football but also other forms of media or any hobbies you may have. The team(s) you support will be useful information, also.
* Specify where you are willing to post to (e.g. if you are in the UK, you can say you would prefer to only send to someone in the UK, or to Europe, or the World).

Q: So I got a name and I got a price range. What the hell do I buy him/her now? It has to be something football related, right?
A: Nah, it does not have to be football related. Send anything you want. Computer Hardware, DVD's, gift certificates or anything like that are still acceptable. We're such a tight-knit community, and we know what everybody else likes or dislikes (for the most part). While it would be easiest (and probably most appreciated) if you got your santee something football related, don't think that it has to be something football related. This is just a regular Secret Santa program, and just because it is run between football fans, it does not have to be a "Football Themed" Secret Santa.

Q: When is the last day of registration, and when can we expect to be given a name of a person to buy a gift for?
A: Registration ends Midnight (GMT) on :siren:MONDAY DECEMBER 1ST:siren:. That's just under 2 weeks from now, so it should give everyone plenty of time to do their shopping and shipping. You will receive the name and address of your chosen Santee by the following weekend. There's no starting date for sending out the gift, so the earlier the better. Try not to delay too much with getting your gift in the post so people can have them in hand before Christmas Day.

Q: I have another question that's not covered here...
A: If you have PMs, you can PM me. Otherwise, just shoot an email to the address above.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Burqa King posted:

December 1 is not just under two weeks from now
Thanks for pointing that out, Calendar Nazi :rolleyes:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

He has posted here before under a different username, and as per his post above he has participated in this Secret Santa before.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

We usually have a few Aussies/Kiwis taking part, so feel free to sign up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Has registration been extended? Not had an email yet
Soz, been away so wasn't able to get it all sorted.

Emails should all be sent now!

If there are any problems (or if you didn't receive an email), let me know ASAP!

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 7, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There are about 15 people in it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Last year there were 20-25 I think.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Lol

My Santee has received their gift :) Hope they like it!
If you are this lucky Santee please post your unboxing vid.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

julian assflange posted:

I love this bit, when people receive the presents :unsmith:
:agreed:

Some good poo poo so far.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'll let them reveal themselves but that owns lol

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

1 person hasn't yet and I have been liaising with the Santa in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hurray, Happy Christmas everyone!

• Locked thread