Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
The Cooper Falling Body photo.

Supposedly taken by a family moving into a new house and this showed up when it was developed. It's probably just a piece of horror art, the story is not corroborated, but it's creepy nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Croisquessein posted:

Supposedly taken by a family moving into a new house and this showed up when it was developed. It's probably just a piece of horror art, the story is not corroborated, but it's creepy nonetheless.
The story isn't even original to the picture or whatever. I know I was seeing that picture around years ago and the "Cooper family" has only very recently started being attached to it.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Croisquessein posted:

The image is fake/hoax iirc

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
This has the potential to be amazingly funny or nightmarishly horrifying. Personally, I'm of the latter persuasion given the only description provided on tumblr is the forbodingly eerie

quote:

two of them

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

(i actually think the gif you posted is pretty creepy especially with the description thang, buuuttt)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

kinmik posted:

This has the potential to be amazingly funny or nightmarishly horrifying. Personally, I'm of the latter persuasion given the only description provided on tumblr is the forbodingly eerie

I need to find the description, because without it I see the little one trying to imitate the big one, like a baby animal. Plus in my head I keep synching this gif to Billie Jean.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That's not how zippers work! IMMERSION RUINED

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

kinmik posted:

Its a cryptid known as the Fresno alien or nightcrawler

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I've always wondered - that poo poo in the upper lips, how does that stay in? Are there plastic or metal plugs that the diamond pins plug in to?

It's just that I've seen that style of piercing on the hips and stomach, places where you can't access the flesh behind the piercing without a very dedicated proctologist.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 18:23 on May 29, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always wondered - that poo poo in the upper lips, how does that stay in? Are there plastic or metal plugs that the diamond pins plug in to?

Its just a pierced upper lip so yes. A flat backed stud that the diamonds screw onto.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 18:20 on May 29, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's essentially the same mechanism as an earring, just with a flat back.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

kinmik posted:

there's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMv85lRAmuk

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solice Kirsk posted:

Its just a pierced upper lip so yes. A flat backed stud that the diamonds screw onto.

I was thinking more along the lines of this type of piercing:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Those are usually surgically inserted magnets. I know they have surgically inserted studs as well, but you usually don't put those somewhere they can get pulled out by accidentally pulling your pants up though. I've only seen them on like the skull or forehead and stuff.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Dermal Anchors

Solice Kirsk posted:

Those are usually surgically inserted magnets. I know they have surgically inserted studs as well, but you usually don't put those somewhere they can get pulled out by accidentally pulling your pants up though. I've only seen them on like the skull or forehead and stuff.

This is utter bollocks, they are not magnets at all.

Dermals can be put pretty much anywhere if they're done properly.

While magnetic implants do exist they are normally done in fingertips or around the hand for sensory purposes rather than to permanently stick things to them as that would cause compression of tissue and lead to a rejection of the implant.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

kinmik posted:

Those guys are also really small. Someone took a scale photo approximately where the camera was and the bigger one would be 3-4 feet tall, in human measurements. I do enjoy the YouTube video above that claims his filter would show the string so that definitely means there aren't any.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What exactly is supposed to be creepy about a little lizard?

Here's some normal animal behavior that is actually a bit unnerving.

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 06:20 on May 30, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah, I don't see how a happy little reptile wiggling it's way into the sand is anything other than adorable.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I think it's the part where its cheeks are like secondary mouths. It looks pretty weird.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's that it can bury itself in sand so well that you can't even tell it's there. And then it gets you if you happen to walk by.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly is supposed to be creepy about a little lizard?

Here's some normal animal behavior that is actually a bit unnerving.

I love the part at the end where it looks like it's trying to get away from its old skin by kicking wildly, like it's going "eww gross gross gross get it away get it away"

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

CreedThoughts posted:

Those guys are also really small. Someone took a scale photo approximately where the camera was and the bigger one would be 3-4 feet tall, in human measurements. I do enjoy the YouTube video above that claims his filter would show the string so that definitely means there aren't any.

"I put an emboss effect on it, so that proves it's real! :colbert: "

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
gently caress VR helmets, eXistenZ is the new poo poo

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

ughhh

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

This is deliciously creepy, do you know what it's from?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

This is deliciously creepy, do you know what it's from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6flB0XvmTo

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

I dated a couple girls last year who had these types of piercings and they work basically like a little screw for going into areas where you can't have a backing to the stud to hold it in. The link below shows what the jewelry looks like taken out.

http://body-jewelry-guide.com/nostril-screws.html

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

They also have one about the monster living under your bed that's pretty decent, but Bedfellows is the best one.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Jeez, the credits were longer than the video

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
They make some pretty effective short horror stories.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They do, they just haven't done gently caress all in a long time.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

James Woods posted:

I dated a couple girls last year who had these types of piercings and they work basically like a little screw for going into areas where you can't have a backing to the stud to hold it in. The link below shows what the jewelry looks like taken out.

http://body-jewelry-guide.com/nostril-screws.html

Yes... they have 'nostril' screws in their hips... not dermal anchors.

I'm amazed how people that don't have a clue what they're talking about do so with such conviction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

I Love My Axe posted:

Yeah, my friend took the pic. I was the only one that shared it so far so you and I probably know each other (which is creepy in itself). :sparkles:

I just noticed this post. Are you from Southern Ontario?