Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

More proof that practical effects can be way better than modern CGI, that poo poo looks creepy :stare: and yep, it was from a movie called "Mama" by Guillermo del Toro based on a short spook film online

More creepy animatronic goodness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulnNDLlXf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

You Are A Elf posted:

Can we keep this between us? I'd... hate to lose my teaching job. God bless you.

Love this reference, that movie was the first thing I thought of (second being the original The Hills Have Eyes)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

This is deliciously creepy, do you know what it's from?

Original is from FEWDIO, looks like the other link was a re-host or someone trying to grab credit. Here's the whole channel, got some delightfully creepy stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Fewdiodotcom?videos

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

Carly looks like a 3d render

They all kinda do, getting a creepy uncanny valley vibe from them. Maybe it's the light swoop, but it's incredibly odd looking.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

On the plus side, you can use the words "silly kisser" to make your siblings shudder involuntarily.

Yeah, that movie was a mindfuck and a half - I got stoned and watched with a couple friends, we made it about 30 or so minutes in and had to shut it off. Talk about killing a buzz in a hurry.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Build it with a charger that looks like it's sticking a fork in the outlet, and I'm sold

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

mostlygray posted:

The Thing that walked across the field in a tuxedo terrified me until I was in my twenties. I couldn't close my eyes without seeing the drawing. Sure, the stories are lame, but the illustrations still make my blood run cold. I don't want anyone coming for my toes either and heads falling down the chimney aren't cool.

The new illustrations are an abomination. Fortunately, I have the 3 volume collection with the original illustrations so my daughters can have proper nightmares when they are ready.

Oh man, same here - didn't help at the time that I was in 5th grade, and lived in a neighborhood right up the road from a huge farmer's field. Any time I was outside at night I got goosebumps just looking down the road, expecting some half-dead, disheveled corpse to stumble out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I would like for someone to set up an interview with the new artist, and then the two of them just stare in silence for several, uncomfortable minutes, until finally, exasperated, the interviewer says "What the poo poo man?!"

Get Gammell and the new artist together, let them critique each others work. I'd pay good money to hear Gammell shout "did you work for loving Hanna-Barbera, you pussy?"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Big Centipede posted:

Something else coming next week. Cyclocosmia torreya. A trapdoor spider with an rear end like an ancient rune.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/wlzzaeB

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/2VDDu6Y

In the Middle Ages, these spiders were highly sought after for their ornate posteriors, since spiders in different regions have wildly varying designs. They were used to seal envelopes with wax due to their sturdiness when dried, and designs used to identify certain royal bloodlines. Rich people were literally waxing dat rear end before it was a euphemism.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Cakefool posted:

In the middle ages people were using American spiders to seal letters? Which people? Which different regions are you referring to?

It was a tongue-in-cheek joke, silly

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

There's something out there wanking for us, and it ain't no man

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Coincidentally, the stuff he's eating looks just like the stuff that'll be oozing out of his fake muscles when the inevitable infection makes his skin explode

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Even more scary is if she talks about wanting to look like one of the Kims of North Korea.

Yo fam gimme dat style like Flock of Seagulls joined the Marines

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I don't know what this is but I hate it.

If you drink from it, is it cannilingus?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Booger Presley posted:

Farts are just ghosts of things you have eaten. Makes you think...

Turd screamin' for help

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Guatemalan archaeologist finally discovers difference between rear end and hole in the ground

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

chernobyl kinsman posted:

what are some other good, creepy youtube videos? I'm a big fan of Local58 and those old mineshaft videos.

Fewdio makes some good stuff too, mostly creepy short vids but most of them are pretty creepy

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Absolutely the sound and image together made it so goddamn creepy. Something about animals or any other creatures imitating humans gives me the heebie jeebies, but Annihilation was a pretty boss movie.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Lurking Haro posted:

It was the only way to get rid of the stench after he fell into the bog.

Still amazes me that Henson put a pulsing butthole swamp into that movie & nobody even batted an eyelash

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Pan's Labiarinth

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Nah, I think the suckerbutt is just for stability while it feeds

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Makes me want to gain weight, just to make sure that can never happen to me

Get swole, avoid holes

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

scumby posted:

In a sagging economy thems is free protein

Make a vacuum that sucks them right into a food dehydrator....mmm crunchy goodness

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

Jumping spiders are objectively the best spiders.

:agreed: They're so weirdly robotic but to me they don't seem like a spider because I'm so used to ones with the typical house spider/wolf spider characteristics. I love how curious they are too, they never seem to have a problem getting close & checking people out, they're like the puppies of the spider world :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Alehkhs posted:

Which - as has been noted to be the case with most "scary" spiders - they probably shouldn't be. More recent studies such as Binford (2001) have shown a significant lack of evidence for the supposed dermonecrotic effects of their bites.

I'd be willing to bet it's misidentification with brown recluses, which do have nasty bites/venom that can cause skin necrosis

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

ewiley posted:

Oh you're right, spiders are exploiting the difference in charge between the atmosphere and the earth, flying for the same reason your hair stands on end when you hold on to a van de Graaff generator. Still incredibly badass.

All I can picture now is spiders vigorously rubbing themselves with balloons, then rocketing off into the distance like a cannon

*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka* KA-FOOOOMMMMMM

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Somfin posted:

Basically everyone who posts ITT should watch the whole channel, it's like half an hour of content total but it's insanely well-produced

It really is, the first one I saw was Contingency & after that I was hooked

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

oh dope posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

This is a very long video that uses experimental music to stimulate the descent into dementia. The music represents memories, and how they become utterly, irreparably tangled and confused as the mind loses it's grasp on reality. Maybe it's just me, but I find that idea terrifying. If you want the full effect, start from the beginning. Stage 4, a little over 2 hours in, is where it really gets hosed up.

Definitely gave me a weird feeling listening to these, especially 5 & 6. It's like some part of my lizard brain is saying "stop listening, this is loving freaky"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Somfin posted:

Yeah, it's got that "this is not music, this is crushing a raw nerve with a hammer until it stops hurting" vibe to it and I love it

Weird as it sounds, it reminds me of the soundtrack to the original Quake game that Nine Inch Nails made. Such an eerie "wrongness" to how it sounds but you want to keep listening to see how much creepier it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Looks to the Moon posted:

Same. I made the questionable decision to listen to this at 3am and it's got me rattled in ways I can't begin to quantify. Great way to start the day, do not recommend!

Funny part is I get kind of a weird enjoyment out of how strange & creepy it is. The guy who made the Caretaker stuff really does awesome work & this series really makes you feel like you're losing your mind when you're really not. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be for people going through dementia or Alzheimer's, knowing that something is wrong & they're powerless to stop it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've seen this Billy Quizboy looking motherfucker for years and still don't know what his story is.

Look up Brian Peppers on Google, it'll give you all you need

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I think the hot stepmom was another goon, I remember she looked way different & he always talked about wanting to bang her like some kind of weirdo. There was one pic of them in the bathroom I think where he was throwing up the shocker with one hand while they posed or something, definitely wasn't Microwave's mom though.