Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I'm gonna wreck it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nightmare Zone posted:

Creepy and pretty cool, too.

Whoa, it's Holbein's The Ambassadors come to life.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are actually a few actors that have made careers out of the fact that they have weird genetic defects that make them look all creepy and weird. There's one guy that basically looks like a goblin.

There is no makeup involved. The guy genuinely looks like that. He isn't an A-list actor but the main thing that gets him work is that his resume includes "looks really loving weird." Apparently in most of his appearances they don't put makeup on him they just put him in front of a camera and that's that. His name is Michael Berryman, by the way.

Can we keep this between us? I'd... hate to lose my teaching job. God bless you.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The scariest Scary Stories image is definitely Oh, Susanna!

The image has nothing to do with the story, but that thing at the top is loving terrifying.

But like Harold, the story is pretty hosed up, too. I can't hear "Oh, Susanna!" without thinking of a headless roommate.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rondette posted:

As a kid we had one of those Reader's Digest Mystery books, and it had a bit about The Faces of Belmez which had photographs that really freaked me out, I'd dare myself to look at them and then slam the book shut. Just look at them!

They were TRAPPED SOULS

That book was called Mysteries of the Unexplained, and it was indeed a cool, yet unnerving book to read as a kid (those faces would creep me out, too :ohdear:).

I wish I could find pictures from Time-Life's similar book series Mysteries of the Unknown because there were some more pics like the The Faces of Belmez that were pretty freaky, but all I can find are pics of the covers :(

But have the commercial that would come on randomly during after school cartoons when I was a kid, making me feel dread and uncertainty as a nine year old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFwtwMKLe0

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

poo poo, I have that book, too, along with the aforementioned one. I mixed up the two (:downs:) and I should definitely dig them out and give them a read again.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Aesop Poprock posted:

That book was one of my earliest always-accessible references for human nudity so let's just say I'm not a sexually healthy human being now

Green demon butts don't do it for you, huh? :yosbutt:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Goodbye Horses plays in my head as I scroll down on this page.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Last time I saw this, a goon said it was made with old school photoshop - with blown up film and a razor blade.

Edit: Looking around now, it comes from a Warn winch ad from about 50 years ago, and I can't see anything actually saying it's fake, so it could well be real.

That's a 1974-1978 Jeep Cherokee, so the picture can't be 50 years old, but I do recall hearing it being an actual photo manipulation piece done by hand in ye olden tymes. Then again, it also says it's a real pic of Black Bear Road, so the Internet is telling lies again.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Clowns are okay in my book and don't scare me at all, but I don't think that's face paint... :unsmigghh:

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

du -hast posted:

iirc that is an actual, literal photo of John Wayne Gacy

If that is true, then holy gently caress.