Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
This has the potential to be amazingly funny or nightmarishly horrifying. Personally, I'm of the latter persuasion given the only description provided on tumblr is the forbodingly eerie

quote:

two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bighorn-mountains-crack-in-the-earth_5632bd19e4b00aa54a4da635

quote:

While hunting this past weekend in the Bighorns, we came across an awesome example of how our earth is not as stable as you might think.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

One thing that has always weirded me out about sinkholes is how clean the edges always are. Like some giant took a hole punch to the earth.

Like, I've never thought about it before, but there must be some measure of vacuum when all that dirt collapses that takes the top layer away with it.