Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Durrrr, which way did he go George? Which way did he go?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone owns a snake!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always wondered - that poo poo in the upper lips, how does that stay in? Are there plastic or metal plugs that the diamond pins plug in to?

Its just a pierced upper lip so yes. A flat backed stud that the diamonds screw onto.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 18:20 on May 29, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of this type of piercing:

Those are usually surgically inserted magnets. I know they have surgically inserted studs as well, but you usually don't put those somewhere they can get pulled out by accidentally pulling your pants up though. I've only seen them on like the skull or forehead and stuff.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Barbed Tongues posted:

You're thinking WWII.

:krad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Whybird posted:

Can anyone recommend an image along the lines of smile.dog? I'm after something to use in a tabletop RPG for a 'this creature hunts down and murders everyone who sees a photo of it whoops now that includes you' moment, and the original is a bit too well-known to be properly creepy, but I can't find anything else that has the same shock factor as it.

I always liked this thing, but probably not what you're looking for:

Maybe some one could photoshop it to look more like an old time photo or something. I don't know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

supermegaultra posted:

Well that was the only photo of a smiling dog on the internet.

So there

The principles of internet detection tell me that German Shepherds are the happiest of dog breads.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure this has been posted before but since we're on comics:

http://emcarroll.com/comics/faceallred/01.html

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"No, no, no, Jackson! We hide the eggs and the children find them. It doesn't even make sense the other way around. I know you're new, but this is first day stuff here."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When will shirt technology finally allow gifs?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Is this an artistic choice or a folktale creature?

Also his foot is right by the springy door jam, so now I'm picturing a mischievous spirit that likes to spring the door jam when no-one's looking then runs and hides.

Ah, the infamous "Bwowngooowngooowng".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Why you should always stick to "No More Tears" formula for your kids' bathtimes.

Looks like he used all the shampoo to get that though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Something about the way 1st World War battlefields healed over just looks wrong to me.

The grass is always greener where 100k kids bled to death frightened and in pain! They should seriously consider this in California to help fight the brown lawns.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Probably investing in a hedge fund.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bundle of Keys posted:

That stuff has a tendency to collect in any skin fold if you don't shower daily. I'm wondering why you'd think a bottle brush would be required to do the job though?

Cause it would sort of be like brushing your teeth, only instead of a mouth it's a mutilated pushed in dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh. Now that's weird.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If these were all giving the metal horns then you could have worn it to Dio's funeral.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can't wait for this to be the new thing of spinster women to collect instead of cats. Just for my allergies sake.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always knew about these things, but never knew about videos of them. Holy poo poo that is depressing/creepy.

Might I suggest the incredible Zombie Reborn KIller video?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Got a link to the music? This is important.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Post modern art is stupid though. This guy thinks so and he's a teacher so he can't be wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Harold was my absolute favorite of all those stories because it actually ended with a dude getting skinned by a scarecrow and not a "and the police came and shot the scarecrow" garbage ending.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Since the "Scary Stories" books are being talked about, does anyone remember the horror story anthology that was for kids that had the story about a family moving into a house that had another family murdered? The twist was the families shadows come alive in the house and kill them and I remember the ending being the kid walking in to his parents room to see his mom being strangled and dad ripped apart. Can't for the life of me remember the book.

Wow, it's not ringing any bells, but I'd like to know as well. Sounds pretty heavy for a kids horror story.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Peztopiary posted:

I think that one also had a story of a kid finding a spooky house with a Frankenstein monster in it that ends with the kid bursting out the door into the sunlight, the monster following him out, dragging him back in, and the line "now it could get out."

Yeah, need to buy this book as soon as I find out the name.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

The scariest Scary Stories image is definitely Oh, Susanna!

The image has nothing to do with the story, but that thing at the top is loving terrifying.

But like Harold, the story is pretty hosed up, too. I can't hear "Oh, Susanna!" without thinking of a headless roommate.

I can't find it, but my favorite illustration was one were a girl is screaming in a bog or something. The story was about a girl who accidentally sick a knife threw her dress and thought the bog witch was holding her there or something.

Edit:
Found it!

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Feb 5, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Since the "Scary Stories" books are being talked about, does anyone remember the horror story anthology that was for kids that had the story about a family moving into a house that had another family murdered? The twist was the families shadows come alive in the house and kill them and I remember the ending being the kid walking in to his parents room to see his mom being strangled and dad ripped apart. Can't for the life of me remember the book.

wheatpuppy posted:

Ooh I know this one! Haunted Planet by DJ Arneson.

I don't know if that's the one, but it seems like others remember it in the Book Barn thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

A year or two back I had sleep paralysis so often that I went from being scared to being annoyed. I never hallucinated the woman/demon/whatever holding me down/standing over me that many people apparently do, though.

You're lucky, but let's go ahead and stop the sleep paralysis derail right now shall we?

It's even more horrible with practical effects. :stonk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Play Until Dawn.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone is failing that lab assignment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I want this as a pet. I would call him Kyle and he would be my best friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Basking sharks, like most whales, are terrifyingly huge but pretty much harmless due to their diet consisting of small plankton consumed through filter feeding. Its literally impossible for them to swallow larger prey.

:crossarms:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Basking sharks are very similar to whales but are fish instead of mammals. They and whale sharks are shaped like sharks and are, in fact, fish but behave more like whales.

Oh, I get it now! I was reading the intent wrong. I thought he was saying basking sharks were whales, not comparing them to whales. Still, I never use that smillie so it was nice to crack it out I guess.

Pretty sure this was a basking shark too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly8FXwVdJes

Let's keep this plankton predator party poppin'!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I gave my nephew my old copies of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. The kid loves them and he's only 6. It's supposed to be scary. Like, that's the point of the things.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krocodil addict takin' notes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rolo posted:

In his defense, Monkey Jackson had a pretty rough childhood.

I was trying to think of a primates answer to Al Jolson, but yours is better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Supposedly, but it's never worked for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's just loving gross. You're supposed to rub the skin with a compound butter and baste every 45 minutes so your eldritch abomination doesn't dry out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beige posted:

I really don't know what it was but I would like to know.

It's a snake. And I'd bet that it was a felled log that they just started cutting up and the snake had just crawled into the existing hole. Not like a snake that grew up in the middle of a tree or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think those tiger masks really work. It's sort of like in Africa where they wore bells so they wouldn't surprise lions, but then the lions just started associating bells with people and an easy meal and started attacking them.