Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Aww, grumpy baby is snuggling down for the night! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

kinmik posted:

This has the potential to be amazingly funny or nightmarishly horrifying. Personally, I'm of the latter persuasion given the only description provided on tumblr is the forbodingly eerie

I need to find the description, because without it I see the little one trying to imitate the big one, like a baby animal. Plus in my head I keep synching this gif to Billie Jean.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is this an artistic choice or a folktale creature?

Also his foot is right by the springy door jam, so now I'm picturing a mischievous spirit that likes to spring the door jam when no-one's looking then runs and hides.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Yargh posted:

Looking for art by a Polish woman. One painting (?) was women running through a forest, naked, covered in scratches a blood. Please and thank you!

Content: Monkfish!

Now I know where Blizzard got Yogg-Saron's design from, eesh!

cptn_dr posted:

As delicious as it is ugly.

But it's so ugly it's too cute to eat! :ohdear:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Other than actual photos of human suffering those are the absolute grossest pics in the thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That last one is so incredibly sad.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Big Centipede posted:

One of my little buddies

Edit: I'm on my phone so I hope I'm not breaking tables

Oh my gosh it looks like it's putting its claws up to its mouth like :ohdear:

Big Centipede posted:

It's an amblypygi. This particular one is a Damon diadema.

I know it's not pronounced that way but now I'm thinking of an ambling piggy wearing the cutest demonic diadem. And now I'm learning the mothers carry their young and this species might have social behaviors and when did this become the cute thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I appreciate a solid haunted art story, especially where the spirit isn't necessarily malicious, so thanks for sharing that.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

These are adorably horrifying. Adorborrfying?

Is there a story behind these? Just a computer trying to make pictures except instead of eyes and dogs it's all baby flesh?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Aww, lookat those eyebrows

"Some Selfie"

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I felt sad I couldn't take sink baby with me because my inclination would be to save it and go on Sink Baby (featuring Paper Bag) Adventures.

Wait, that's why I play Binding of Issac! :doh:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Say Nothing posted:

I initially thought it was mercury thiocyanate.

These are both good and cool, science is wonderful.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Say Nothing posted:

It's either bad plastic surgery or a promotional image for the next planet of the apes movie.

Hunh. I guess some folks *want* to resemble Robert Z'Dar.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I wonder what sort of mutation did that? Or was it a response to a traumatic accident since octopuses can regrow limbs? I bet it was tough on the octopus though :(

Edit: she survived for 5 months after capture and laid eggs that hatched into regular 8-armed octopuses. Bless.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Mar 7, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Regarding self-slamming doors: I've witnessed this once in a friend's old double-wide trailer home, had to do with open windows and sliding doors, wind outside, loose door hinges, and the air pressure in the house. Damnedest thing to see even when you know it's just a weird natural phenomenon.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Felt lady makes me really sad to the extent that neck fungus lady is becoming an old friend ala goatse.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Lurking Haro posted:

I see you found the Eraserhead baby.

So glad they're doing so well now!

The edge in the lower right corner looks like a planet, fun time parsing that image.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I can't tell if it's the child that's passed on or the father/grandfather. Maybe he looks super-stern because he's trying not to break down since you had to sit still for a long time for photos back then.

:smith:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Live action Binding of Issac looking, uh, good?

Why does everything default to dogs in Deep Dream?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Screaming Idiot posted:

In a way, the Earth is the creepiest thing because it has all the things that scare us

A demon should know better.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Skippy McPants posted:

Urechis Unicinctus, a type of marine worm that happens to look kinda like an uncircumcised dingus.

“It gets the name "fat innkeeper worm" because the tunnels often contain other animals.” :3:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I thought it was some sort of rare fungus! That's really neat from an evolutionary standpoint. I wonder if horse breeders or farmers ever have to help remove some? Also sounds like a something you'd use in eldritch spellcasting.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Reminds me of this fangtooth snake-eel (probably) that washed up after Hurricane Harvey.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

https://twitter.com/triplepeaches/status/1019101222832402432?s=21

The original image is an art piece portraying a well-known yokai. Apparently someone used/stole it on Instagram to be a creepy account reaching out for clicks. I thought the face was cool and assumed it was a mask or a costume test or something, only stumbled on the twitter thread just now.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Jul 18, 2018

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Mr Hootington posted:

I've had those without maggots and they were good. Maggots give it protein making it a complete meal.

I’ve seen mealworms raised specifically for food where they’re “gut loaded” with citrus and apples their whole life, so they end up tasting like fruit. I wonder if anyone’s considered snack cake-flavored mealworms?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

A quick search says these beetles have a defense of excluding a sticky film that hardens in air, which is how they get stuck there. I wonder why the dog would try to eat them to begin with though? Accidental while eating grass?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A maggot is just a term for fly larve. Boyfly larve most definitely eat living tissue and are maggots.

I thought botflies just burrowed in as part of their maturation process? Reminds me of at least two incidents, one more recently on twitter, where an entomologist studying in a tropical area ended up with a botfly strike and were excited to see themselves parasitized and watch their larval pal mature.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Awww, they look so apologetic for being a legless lizard (or whatever that is)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

^^^ holy poo poo! I’m glad you lived! Makes me never want to live someplace with a lawn again!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Giant House Spiders will charge at you tho. Possibly because they know we call them Giant House Spiders and it's puffed up their egos.

I always thought this was a combination of them looking for shade/a hiding place? Although depending on the part of the world you’re in a giant house spider could be a few different varieties. All the better though since most spiders can’t really change direction on the fly, so it’s easy to corral them into something to relocate, even huge ones.

On wasps, a few years ago we had a nest show up in a bush in front of our house, some red and black striped sort that didn’t build beyond the size of a large fist. At no point did they try to sting folks, not even a gardener trimming in that area. It’s said wasps recognize people, so maybe we were all non-threats?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 09:40 on Jun 14, 2019

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Cichlidae posted:

Ah, my wife works with these! Hers just "gave birth" this week, which means there were about 40,000 spider crab zoea swimming through the tank, all of which had to be fished out and put in a more suitable habitat. The babies prefer to be near the surface, then they grow up and sink down to the abyssal depths to live out their terrifying existence in peace.

Another one is carrying her own clutch of eggs, so soon it's going to be 80,000 baby giant crabs.

This is absolutely wonderful, I envy her job.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The creepy part to me isn’t so much making old photos move, but they all move the same way regardless of age, muscle placement, or era. None of the little quirks a the living person might have had like a brow twitch, a smirk, a subtle wink....nothing that really defines that person as a human who once lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It made me a little sad because closet fingers is afraid to let anyone in