Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even by Sturgeon's Law Star Wars is loving terrible. You have literally 2.5 good movies, some good video games (namely KOTOR, X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron, and Jedi Academy), that Clone Wars cartoon Tarkatovsky did, and maybe the Thrawn trilogy and that's basically loving it. That sounds like a lot but we're talking about such a glut of material over 40 years that it's almost obscene that more of it isn't worth more than a wank and a smile.

Like when Doctor Who and Star Trek's EUs kick the poo poo out of yours, maybe it's not nearly as fertile a franchise as you've been lead to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

agreed, but it's a catch-22 because you have to be familiar with the EU to really appreciate how hard KOTOR2 is trashing it

Oh is that why KOTOR 2 is so highly regarded? I was in a busy place when it came out and heard mixed things (this was well before the patches) so I never checked it out, but if it's a takedown of the EU I could definitely make time for it now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaunab posted:

boba fett is stupid and useless

Yeah but he looks cool and looking cool is literally 85% of the reason anyone likes Star Wars for any reason.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

210% pro shot right here.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kith_groupie posted:

Also, the fact that Han 'won' a planet sort of bothers me. It seems to go against everything the New Republic would stand for as it's basically colonialism.

Everything related to planets in Star Wars makes no goddamn sense.

• Locked thread