Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

I don't really remember any sex in the eu at all

I don't really remember the EU at all, and my life is better for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hingehead posted:

When I first saw ROTS in theater, a bunch of nerds in front of me applaud when duel of the fate music popped up during the yoda/sidious fight. I wouldn't be surprised if nerds really do exaggerate their excitements.

I was in a theater when the TPM trailer first came out. A fat nerd in front of me tucked his head in his lap, covered his ears, and started humming to protect himself from spoilers.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hingehead posted:

Did you trolled him by speaking loudly to your friend or someone next to you about the trailer?

Nah, but I'm sure there's no way he actually made it to release day without hearing the words "double sided lightsaber."

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Yes, almost everything people are bitching about about how unrealistic the fencing in the PT is can be chalked up to the fact that Jedi can see the future, so a duel is less about countering your enemy and more about trying to set him up in a way he can't escape.

But this isn't the "Post reasonable explanations for poo poo that kinda looks dumb in the Star Wars movies" thread.

But that would probably involve staying in a safe guard position until you foresee an opportunity, not flailing and putting yourself in positions where even people without magic powers can see the future that involves putting a sword through your head.

But it doesn't even matter. Film is a visual medium and just looking dumb is a very real flaw in many of the prequel action scenes.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Applewhite posted:

The Brazil EU which treats the "happy" ending as canon and Sam Lowry goes on further adventures battling the evil Ministry of Information.

This is a joke. It must be. Every other terrible thing in this thread has been real, but not this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The new movies barely acknowledge the prequels, they aren't going to give a poo poo about contradicting any plot points in the dumb cartoon. It's "canon" in that Disney can use it for video games and action figures.

• Locked thread