Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
I can't believe no one has mentioned Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Luke and Leia go to a swamp planet looking for a ruby that amplifies force powers to infinity. They bang in the cockpit of a Y-Wing. Then they kill Darth Vader by pushing him down a well. It's actually worse than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jesus Christ I thought Applewhite was making that up but there we go. :psyduck:

Half the time in this thread I can't tell if people are just making up the dumbest poo poo they can think of or whether they're accurately reporting on genuine EU content.

All of the dumb poo poo is true. Even the dumb poo poo that Blistex thought he made up.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yep, there are parts of Thrawn that are okay, but even the Best of The Best EU is full of really dumb bullshit.

The Thrawn and X-wing stuff really isn't that bad when you realize it's written for 12 year old boys. It's funny how bad Kevin J. Anderson is, even in that context.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Grimlook posted:

Yeah for me , Anakin building C3PO is way more offencive that the midiclorians thing. Why the gently caress would a slave boy need a protocol droid for??

Anakin building C3PO was really dumb but having them in the movie does kind of fit. There's a theme of technology regressing under the Empire that that fits in with really well. A better writer could have found a better place for him though. If they'd made 3PO an assistant to Palpatine or some other kind of bad guy it could have actually been an interesting point of character development with his memory wipe being somewhat meaningful instead of a filled plothole.

Also jet pack R2 was really dumb and out of place.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Blistex posted:

Does Jabba's monkey have a backstory?

Yes, it's in tales from jaba's palace. If I remember correctly he's actually some sort of expert spy.

Edit: Beaten.

• Locked thread