Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Gotta go with the Emperor coming back from the dead multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Marcia_Lucas

quote:

Marcia Lucas (née Griffin) is an American film editor. She met George Lucas when Verna Fields hired her to work as an assistant editor to George while editing US Information Agency documentaries, and they were married between 1969 and 1983. They adopted one daughter, Amanda, who was born in 1981.

Marcia was a co-editor on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (with some uncredited work on The Empire Strikes Back as well). She won an Academy Award for her work on A New Hope, which was shared with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew.

That's the entire drat thing.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Jabba's palace was originally built as a monastery for monks who had their brains extracted and placed into robot spiders.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

pentyne posted:

Yeah, no I meant the book series that keep moving the timeline forward. Think the last one ended 44 ABY. It looks like the next book series in line to be written was summarily cancelled by the LucasArts sale. Disney must know they can make easy money by just letting the writers work in a fictional non-canon SW universe. Just look at how much money the hundreds of non-canon Star Trek novels make.

I'm pretty sure that all the EU stuff from now on will be fully canon.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

PostNouveau posted:

Man, that guy was a weirdo. If I remember correctly, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" has a group marriage where the youngest wife (I think she was underage as well) married into her own parent's marriage.

That's a hell of an act. What's it called?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Fetus Tree posted:

With significant rancor

:vince:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

happyhippy posted:

90% of his force powers are preventing his dreads from being cut off by his own saber.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Gammatron 64 posted:

of course it's also literally called Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse so there's that

They changed the name a while back, it's now Animated Drawings to Replace Women (hover over "ADTRW" on the main forum page)

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

beanieson posted:

For content the thing I hate about EU (& the films actually) is that each planet is only allowed a single terrain. Desert? We got that, the whole planet earth s desert! City? A whole planet of city! Swamp? Oh boy!

One thing that I give the prequels credit for is that Naboo seems to have pretty varied terrain.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I think he couldn't appear in Episode III because he had a back injury.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Here's a podcast interview with Greg Proops about his role as one of the announcer heads in Episode I:

http://iwastheretoo.wolfpop.com/audio/20361/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-with-greg-proops

The last recording session was two weeks before the movie came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
JJ Abrams didn't use any of Lucas' treatment for Episode VII at all.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-George-Lucas-Star-Wars-7-Ideas-Were-Used-By-Disney-69271.html

quote:

The ones that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn't really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it's not the ones that I originally wrote [on screen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens]

• Locked thread