Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
alriiight nerds, I've heard about the EU bugnest orgy for years and I just need to know what the gently caress that's referencing. I'll even settle for a star wars wikia link. It's driving me insane not understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

new thread title shoulda been all like: We love the StarWars EU this much *outstretched arms nailed to X-Wing*

OldMemes posted:

I thought the point of it was to look cool and scare people. The Death Star was meant to be like the mobile command for the head of the Empire, the Death Planet is a big WMD a fringe cult movement made. Like the New Order isn't as powerful as the Empire - they've got a lot of leftover resources, but not the manpower, terrtory or prescence that the Empire had. Like, you blow up the sun, then move to another one.

Star Wars is fantasy in space, not sci fi, best to ignore it before they write a ten part book series about what the AI that runs the weapon's food machines thinks about everything (and how it secretly saved the day once).

Oh you mean like how IG-88 was in the Death Star's computer core and was playing footsie with Palaptine's chamber doors just before the rebels destroyed the station thereby preventing IG-88 from commandeering every droid in the galaxy and ahgaghalghaghalggh

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Ian McDarmid was the only redeeming part of the prequels. I guess the rest of ROTS was a step up from the rest but that's a hell of a low bar.

Not SW EU but from IMDB's Bee Movie trivia page and it belongs here in its spiritual company:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

that Dagobah cave article can't be that bad, let's check it out

quote:

When Luke Skywalker traveled to Dagobah to train with Yoda in 3 ABY, the elder Master tasked him to enter the cave. Luke confronted an illusion of Darth Vader within and defeated it in a lightsaber duel, dipping into the passion of the dark side in the process.

oh darth vader? that illusion? hmmm *clicks through*

Dark Spirit/Legends posted:

The Dark Spirit was a protean manifestation of the dark side of the Force that dwelt within the Dark Side Cave on the planet Dagobah.

After a short duel, Skywalker gave in to rage and beheaded the spirit.[1] As the apprentice watched the helmet-encased head flying away, the Dark Spirit's armored body completely vanished in the shadows.[12] For a moment the helmet remained on the ground completely still, then it cracked in half, revealing Luke Skywalker's own face, looking up at him. The young apprentice realized that, although that construct had been defeated, he still had much training left to do before confronting the real Vader.[1][2] In no time, the ghostly vision of the decapitated head dissolved into nothingness.[12]

wait, time is a linked article?

Time/Legends posted:

Time, a measurable part of the universe's structure in which events occur in sequence,

jfc

• Locked thread