Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

fuckingtest posted:

You're PooDoo. This whole forum is PooDoo.

Tusker Poop.

poodoo means fodder not poop; I'm starting to question your credentials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

I always thought it was stupid in the PT they decided that all Jedi wear robes all the time. Like, in ANH Obi Wan and Luke wore robes because they lived in a loving desert, not because that was the Jedi uniform. In fact it would have been really stupid of Obi Wan to be dressing like a goddamn Jedi if he was supposed to be in hiding. Notice how in ESB and ROTJ Luke just wears normal clothes.

Rekt your argument is.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

willus posted:

congratulations on being more fluent in some bullshit star wars language, your prize is judgement

Koonyah mahlyass koong! Hoohoohoohoohoohoo.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't know if hiding out on the home planet of your buddy who wants to kill you for being one of the last jedi is the best idea.

i don't think anyone assumed the jedi lived in luxury before the prequels came out because they seemed like ascetic monks in the original flicks based on their philosophy and such.

Makes perfect sense compared to hiding Vader's son on the planet he's from, with his stepbrother and using his last name.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The prequel trilogy didn't even try to justify why the twins were split up, especially in such an odd way. Leia gets adopted into a noble Alderaan family, which makes sense because she's from a noble Not-Alderaan family, but Luke who is from the same noble family gets stuck on a hell desert planet where he can't even go to Tosche Station without catching static for it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Lucas made Star Wars in 77 as a stand alone, retrofit the Father and Sibling bits to the story no matter what he says, and the prequels were a mistake since he was already written into a corner and didn't really have any clever flourishes to make us care about the obligatory march towards the status quo already existing in EpIV

Vader's real name wasn't mentioned until RotJ, so Lucas could have easily named him Anakin Cloudpuncher or something.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Don't go to the EU for answers as it is all cacadookie bullshit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"We're all here to decide if the Star Wars Extended Universe remains canon. This could take a while."

"Zombies. The EU has zombies."

"EU is out. I guess everyone can go home early today."

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

If you are to understand what a vibroblade is you must first understand what a blade is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Hope Chewie will be like, "hey my life debts finally paid and I never liked any of you," except he's grunting so everyone thinks it is a heart felt goodbye.

• Locked thread