Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

That's not the EU. The Ewoks cartoon however...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

look i'll fight anyone who doesn't agree at least 40% of clone wars was great.

was 40% the amount that was actually about the clones and fighting in the war? because that was p.cool. rest was poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

Wow even the blue elephant guy had a name

The fat dude who cried on the rancor had a name

I bet every single thing in the cantina has a name and a lightsaber

names yes, stories yes, lightsabers no. gotta be a special space wizard to get da laser dildo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Gaunab posted:

boba fett is stupid and useless

boba fett is an even worse jobber than loving vegeta. that is saying something.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

muscles like this? posted:

The main reason Traviss got kicked out of writing Star Wars books was because she wouldn't/couldn't keep consistent characterization during shared series. She's also the type of person who didn't take criticism well and would have online meltdowns.

I think it was when they did those episodes of The Clone Wars with pacifist Mandos and she just flipped her loving poo poo. So did all the loving nerds. It was funny.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

kingcom posted:

I thought it was dumb too but if they flipped their poo poo it sounds pretty good.

There is a whole big fandom of people that are basically like Klingon nerds but for Mandalorians. They learn the language, make the armor, try to live like in the Traviss books, it's p. funny.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

i want to see these people. i imagine they do crossfit because it looks hardcore and is marketed as a warrior code and is equally dumb

close, krav maga, swords and "lightsaber training".

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Woolie Wool posted:

If you want to single out one of the space furries, this is the one:

I forgot that Kyubey was in Star Wars.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

I've always wondered what's the deal with those three random alien guys palpatine is hanging out with in every scene in the prequel. Are they other senators? Do they work for him? Why did he invite them to the space opera? Are they all friends? Is there an EU comic book where they all hang out?

The blue guy is named Mas Amedda or something and apparently knew most everything about Palpatine's plans and went along with it, even though the same loving dumb EU states that Palpie hated aliens and so did his Empire. Tl; dr: Dumb loving poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Otisburg posted:

actually that's his niece now, trando calrissian.

No that is Lando's horrible lizard person sister in-law

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

SaltLick posted:

pretty embarrassing that the second the rebel fleet jumped in they didnt scan the imperial fleet right behind them or did they hyperspace in in which good timing imperials

i think the empire was waiting somewhere just far enough away for a short jump when they got the signal that "lol the rebels are dumb fuckers and took the bait!".

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Otisburg posted:

haha the eu strikes again here. while it looked in the movies like he was just taunting some teenager the whole time, the emperor was also using dark side battle mediation to make his guys more good, and once he bought it they fell into complete disarray.

that's dumb as gently caress.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Otisburg posted:

:mrgw:

The use and effect of battle meditation was first described in the Star Wars expanded universe by Timothy Zahn in Heir to the Empire, when Grand Admiral Thrawn explains to Joruus C'baoth and Gilad Pellaeon his own theory as to why the Battle of Endor was lost; he believed that Palpatine employed the power to an unwise degree, taking such close control of the Imperial forces as to make them puppets, almost incapable of fighting on their own when his influence was suddenly removed (the use of battle meditation at Endor was later attributed to Admiral Nial Declann instead of Palpatine).
so some admiral had loving sith powers now? does everyone have them? IS EVERYONE loving FORCE SENSITIVE NOW GODDAMN! also, this is proof that even the Thrawn books are poo poo. all EU is garbage.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

It's really hard to take out an immobile croissant with eyes (who is none the less the most powerful gangster in the galaxy).

the eu explained that as the hutts having super thick, tough skin that was impossible to cut through, blast through or blow up. you had to like, give them radiation poisoning or some poo poo. thus there was a group called the shell hutts that took to living in metal radiation husks. it was that same book series where boba fett fucks an info-spider or some poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

shiksa posted:

which just makes the squabbling over that god drat lightsaber in the new trailer even sillier

the eu has a long, proud history of just making poo poo up to justify whatever "cool" thing the author wants to jam into the story.

that's why the yangtze dong were the worst thing in the EU ever. because they were peak making poo poo the gently caress up.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'd be ok with robot chicken doing the Trioculus saga...

...slowly.

wow jabba got into some kinky poo poo.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

Why is Porkins in the Lego x-wing? There's an R2 droid and a Luke, but instead of Wedge or Biggs or Garvin Dreis there's Porkins lol

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-Wing-Starfighter-9493

First release in 1999 had Biggs and I think one of the other re-releases had Wedge. It was Porkins' time.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Ivor Biggun posted:

If George had stopped to think about it he could have had Alderaan in the prequels instead of Naboo. Then blowing up Alderaan in Ep. IV would have an emotional impact for the viewer that was missing from the original movie.

Alderaan was in the Prequels. It was that Rocky Mountain looking planet that Baal Organ takes Queen Leah to at the end.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

that's like, the only good thing in the EU, and even before the canon wipe it was non-canon. loving EU.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Sheev was from Naboo. He was their senator prior to Jar-Jar Binks and Padme. Naboo is super important guys, despite having no exports or military power.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

basically if its a 'white' race its probably ok, like twileks and humans wont get stares at a bar, but if youre a bothan and a human you're gonna get assaulted for bangin the hairball

its basically the same as irl

what about human/gungan couples?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Weird BIAS posted:

Wait so where were her loving parents during the whole Naboo crisis nonsense. I thought they'd be dead or something based on the original movie cuts but nope still alive and kicking in AotC, letting their daughter be a loving queen and then a senator. Getting captured and fighting a war at like 14 years of age.

What do they even do?!?!?

the same thing every parent in Star Wars does. Be a really, really, really loving bad parent.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Amidala ran for queen against Palpatine.

Won by a very narrow margin.

Sheev should've won. King Sheev. That'd been rad.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

TK-42-1 posted:

I hope they keep the original actor as well

Chomo Fett.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

So it's like Marvel, where you won't understand poo poo if you don't see all the other movies and read all the companion books? Hah, knew Disney would gently caress this poo poo up even more somehow.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Ambi'en Wal'rs.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Anyone catch lords of the sith yet? I'm only two hours into the audiobook and feel a bit cheated. Turns out the main characters are Hera's daddy and his not-girlfriend who likes to pretend she is a prostitute to hunt imperial officers to make up for her childhood as a prostitute? I thought this book was about Vader and Sheev buddy action hour, so far it's the loving twilek with the dragon tattoo.

Someone needs to write a book where Sheev and Vader sit around and smoke weed out of a bong made from Mace Windu's lightsaber.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Otisburg posted:

I thought battle droids were remote control and operated from a central brain in a big space ship tho?

Nah, after Naboo they wised the gently caress up and took that idiot feature out.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

SaltLick posted:

Why were there never any EU stories about yoda growing up? I remember reading some padawan story about obi wan and it was hilarious.

There's one where he has debauched crazy green sex with Yaddle while yelling poo poo like "A DIRTY BITCH YOU ARE! CUMMING I AM! REE HEEHEEHEE!"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

If a coked up Leia singing to an army of Wookiees wearing snuggies ain't canon, I'll blow my brains out.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Cthulu Carl posted:

Well, Clone Wars has at least one flat-out deserter and one dude who deserted from amnesia.

So I don't think they kept real good track of them even before the Empire.

And one of the dudes in Rebels is the amnesia deserter sooo... Also, a good chance Rex decided to listen to that one 501st Clone who found out about the plot of Sheev sometime between the end of the series and Episode III. No idea about Wulf, maybe he just said "gently caress THIS poo poo AND gently caress YOU PLO KOON YOU BREATH MASK WEARING SUBHUMAN!"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

I've met a few who were into the "Wehrmacht"/southern pride/rebel flag poo poo and it seemed p cowardly of them to not just go whole hog with it

That's what you get for talking to those Southern 501st/RL/Mando Mercs guys. They're weirdos.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Otisburg posted:

a poster for the new starwar was released yesterday and people are real excited

looks like it's got a death star on it

i just can't get enough death stars.

Except now the Death Star is a planet. We EU now.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Sammus posted:

Clone Wars makes mandos Space Fascists with Warrior Culture. Obi's love interest tries to change that and bring peace to her planet, but her people are all too happy to drop that peace poo poo and be Space Nazis in a second, if it makes the space trains run on time. And there is some poo poo about honorable one on one duels and "You keep what you kill."

Pre Vizla (the main bad Mando guy) is basically a gently caress you to Fandalorians in that he basically is them. He's a goofball making his own Mandalorian armor to play dress up in, babbling on and on about what a noble, proud and great warrior culture they are and how they would be awesome again if not for the loving JEDI! Also, he talks a big game about how much better he is than Jedi and Sith, and yet Obi-Wan and Darth Maul both kick his rear end. It's hilarious.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Force-sensitive crying mountain.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't know but if there isn't I'll make one right now: "shield generator technology is too heavy/bulky/takes too much power for personal use to be feasible". Wow what a brainteaser that was.

Counter-point, those rolling droids in the Prequels.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

The whole cyborg thing in the Vader comic is the stupidest goddamn thing in the new EU. It's old EU as gently caress.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

It would have been more entertaining if it was just conventional space-headphones, and he was just constantly zoned out listening to Alderaanian Space-Dubstep all the time

Harsh noise, made from the sounds of Alderaan's dying populace.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

When are we gonna get Yoda Stories HD?

When EXTREME SOLITAIRE HD get's released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Cardboard Box A posted:

Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV: Jedi Outcast III: Jedi Academy II: Kyle Katarn is Not Canon

• Locked thread