Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I took it in part as Leia hugs Rey because she sees comfort where it's needed, because that's part of Leia's leadership style. She's been their General for decades because she knows what a solider needs and when - it's the antithesis of Phasma and Finn's interaction at the beginning of the film - and doesn't see need of comfort as a weakness. Until it's stated otherwise I consider Leia Force-sensitive, so it can also be explained she innately knew from once Force-user to another, but I like that explanation less.

I got a touch of Fury Road's Vuvalini from the hug (and think of Jakku as a Mad Max-ish world). That hug was the one moment that got me unexpectedly emotional

Oh wait, I'm supposed to say "herf derf goons don't get emotions bleep boop" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

20,000 leagues parsecs deep?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Otisburg posted:

something about mark hammil's stage make up is creeping me the gently caress out

Wasn't this recently after a car accident and his face was all bruised or something?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Every enlisted works in sanitation at some point.

Not to mention I imagine sanitation takes on a different meaning when it's in a big-rear end weapon.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This thread is turning into the Mad Max thread's "where's Max" joke, except unironically.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Jurgan posted:

I thought the line in TPM very obviously meant that Sith work in pairs. When I found out there were only two in the entire galaxy it was the stupidest thing.

Yeah, because it's disregarded by every other Sith afaic. Sith always seemed prepared to totally betray their masters/students to suit their needs. Dooku was training Asajj Ventress in secret until SHEEV (lol) ordered her murdered, and at that point she laid low as a bounty hunter. Vader had a baker's dozen "secret" apprentices in the old EU. I figure old man Sheev for example expects Ani to get a wild hair up his burnt rear end to take on an apprentice, which just gives Sheev another tool to control Vader further. Sure, there's a "rule" but only a wannabe like Rilo Kylie will follow it.

Hey 1997 encyclopedia person, please give us a hilarious entry under "O?"

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Thought I'd mention a person was openly sobbing for THAT scene in the theater just in case some edgelords who think emotional reactions are dumb and wrong want to mock that.

The most cringeworthy EU thing now are all the whiners who try to argue how it's bad the EU is dead, especially when they do it under their real names on Facebook in the replies of verified professionals who discuss why hitting reset was good.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is TRAITOR the new reverse-WITNESS?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

So Rey is the Red Ranger, right?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they exist. its just people buy them up quick. most of the stores only have a bunch of Finns.

Action figures aren't produced in equal quantities, so where Finn was packed heavily into case with half or more being his figure, Rey was likely only one or two per case. This is how the figures of women among the cast have been produced for a few decades because the assumption was "boys don't want to play with the girl toy" but morphed into "we can string collectors along." I used to collect during the prequels and hunting down a particular Leia, or any of the background lady Jedi was stupidly difficult unless it was an "inaction figure" like Mon Mothma. Add all the scummy toy scalpers who would horde figures to increase "rarity" and bam, this is why little kids don't get Rey for Christmas. I'll be surprised if we don't see an all-Rey production run by next spring though (if only to spite the jerks trying to resell it for $100).

Remember those monks who would put their brain in a fishbowl carried by a robot spider? I remember during or just before the prequels that was their first mail-away figure since the early 80s and people just falling all over themselves for it. I sincerely doubt most even knew what it was, but it was "Star Wars" and "rare" so they HAD to have it!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I hope TR-8R remains firmly in the "good" EU camp, otherwise we're going to be panning his complex backstory explaining how he became a loyal trooper in the Episode VIII version of this thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Chill la Chill posted:

Funny enough, the journey to TFA: shattered empire comics are great. Lots of Star Wars action and good starship visuals.

It seems like all the good, new comic series are the short 4-5 issue ones. The bad ones are the ongoing ones like the darth Vader where he literally has a waifu and there's a General Grievous Ackbar character.

Saw some panels from the Vader comic where the engineer lady asks Vader to please lightsaber her in the back of the neck and not eject her into space when it comes time for him to kill her, so maybe the creative team is self-aware enough to know when to actually end a story (and kill off a character).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

^^^ That always sucks. The two-pack with Vader still seemed to be around in my area so keep an eye out for it!

Applewhite posted:

Right but Anakin murders her at the end of the cartoon series I'm assuming?

From what I've picked up from friends who watch the shows on Clone Wars a fellow padawan tries to set her up to be executed for treason but they figure out the real culprit. Ahsoka is so disgusted with the hypocrisy she quits the Jedi Order before the events of RotS. In the current Rebels cartoon she's a neutral Force user helping the titular characters.

Ahsoka is incredibly popular and no matter how the character dies I'll be surprised if she isn't in at least one of the upcoming films in some capacity. This past holidays I bought a two-pack of Darth Vader and Ahsoka for a toy drive so some kids are probably playing out that epic, tragic battle. :3:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hey so how's EU talk go-

:yikes:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Fojar38 posted:

was it ever confirmed that this happened

No, it's something brought about by people who assume violence against a female character always means sexual violence. After all, got to give Anakin a justified reason to slaughter them like animals!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Have we talked about a bunch of whiney pissbabies making a petition to get Lucas involved with the films again? Because lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Germstore posted:

Makes perfect sense compared to hiding Vader's son on the planet he's from, with his stepbrother and using his last name.

Maybe it's one of those "the last place you look" ideas. Then again it not as if Luke was ever an active threat until he went looking for destiny, hero-cycle style. As for Yoda there's some nonsense that Dagobah was a planet full of "dark energy" or something, so finding him would be like looking for a faint star in overcast weather.

• Locked thread