Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Poopypants the house sparrow

Millie the bantam chicken

Stormy the Abdim's stork

Popay the Harris hawk

Luna the Great-horned owl

Diego the Great-horned owl

Nerwign fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Ooooh is Popay as clever as the Harris's we had at my old rehab center? There was one that would stack rocks on the door to his enclosure do that they would fall and hit you on the head when you came in :3

Popay is an introvert and mostly fearful. Rarely aggressive; only if he has to be, or if you're a rat.

His enclosure does not lend itself to stacking rocks to fall on my head, and I have not noticed other devious behavior. That does not mean he is not clever though, he has also given me some of my worst injuries, because they were calculated for maximum effect and not more immediate/reactionary strikes like other birds give.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

DarkHorse posted:

What kind of banty is this? Dat speckling :sparkles:

Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam

I can't even spell it let alone pronounce it. Mille Fleur means "thousands of flowers" which refers to the scalloped patterns on her feathers, reminding someone of flower petals.

Edit: Oops just saw someone else already answered this. Sorry!

• Locked thread