Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

HJB posted:

Lucky 13, I'll take that as a hint.

That makes you the thread Pastor Maldonado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Why isn't the testing being covered on Sky anyway?

Because Burnie hasn't sold them the rights to it I guess.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I read somewhere that Porsche were going to run a 3rd wec car next year so The Buttman could slot right into that.

McLaren are clearly sandbagging to hide the fact that Honda have been doing secret tests all year at their private test track with a top secret chassis McLaren shipped to them in unmarked crates - The worst off season thread 2013.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

1500quidporsche posted:

Kanye wouldn't have driven for a pleb manufacturer like Mercedes. He would only drive for Lambo and would've spent 5,000 hours working with engineers to get the perfect engine sound.

You are talking poo poo mate, since when has a rapper turned down a G waggon.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Riso posted:

And his name is Patrick Head.

Fixed it for you

quote:

The Italian Court of Appeal, on 13 April 2007, stated the following in the verdict numbered 15050: "It has been determined that the accident was caused by a steering column failure. This failure was caused by badly designed and badly executed modifications. The responsibility of this falls on Patrick Head, culpable of omitted control." Even being found responsible for Senna's accident, Head was not arrested because in Italy, the statute of limitation for manslaughter is 7 years and 6 months, and the final verdict was pronounced 13 years after the accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Head

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Alonso, Button and Magnussen have all just confirmed with Sauber for 2015 to complete their Sutil, Gutiérrez, Ericsson, van der Garde, Nasr line up.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren aren't going to sign a sponsor until they start winning again bc otherwise no one will give them the money dennis thinks the team deserves. it's a matter of sponsors wanting to pay for mclaren 2014 and dennis charging for mclaren 1966-future. it's pretty simple.

Hugo Boss are returning to the fatherland next season too. Perhaps if Alonso does return then Santander could take some of the slack up, and demand that Button gets the other seat since he's already on their books.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Tsaedje posted:

Dyson McLaren Honda

(because they suck)

Maclaren McLaren Honda

(because they both handle like pushchairs)

Edit ~ Because the occupants of both will be having tantrums next year.

Fumble fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 10, 2014

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
This has really made my day. Not just because of Buttons drive, but because its a bit of a gently caress you to Ron Denis and that clay faced twat who didn't want to keep him.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Moxie Omen posted:

McLaren will out cheat Ferrari in 2015, calling it now.

Not with that snitching rat bastard back on the payroll they wont.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The third round of Formula-e has begun on ITV 4.

*e* Alex Brundle :stare:

Thanks for the reminder, I am also glad I didn't turn it on 50 mins ago and have to sit though this bumpf.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Brainwrong posted:

Formula E really is the place where failed F1 drivers go to fail.

Electric DTM cars

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

You Am I posted:

shows that you don't need a personality to win that award

In a thread full of people that spent the last 6 months bitching about his personality.
Lewis defiantly has one, just not one of an adult male.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Lets face it, its not the first black person he's given a kicking.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Brainwrong posted:

You must be confused because the only Pastor in F1 is Pastor Maldonado. The man that single-handedly brought Williams back from the mid-field, the man that won a race for Williams when all others had failed and the same man who dragged fire victims out of a burning pitlane garage.

That's not a lovely driver that I just described, that's a man who deserves to be knighted by the king of Mexico.

With the price of oil in the shitter its only a matter of time before the people rise up and hang him from a lamp lost.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

George Zimmer posted:

They've intentionally gimped everything for the first season. Once open development is allowed, these cars will be pretty quick.

And will they use 3 cars a race instead of 2? They could get rid of the treaded road tyres i guess. Other than that the only way i can see formula e getting faster with current technology is to reinvent the laws of physics.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I think they will go for an intricate design to draw the eye away from the lack of sponsor logo's.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
4 more days until we get to talk about actual cars going round a track.

McLaren will look really fast on the first day, leading everyone to predict that they are back on form but will ultimately end up fighting with Williams and Ferrari for 5th in the constructors.

Rosberg will spend the entire season as a downtrodden wingman to are Lewis.

The big story for 3 race weekends will be how the tracks future on the F1 calender is in doubt.

and one more

Bernie Ecclestone will die before the end of the season.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
These new swooping noses are going to be great at launching cars.
It looks like sky f1 has half an hour each night for the tests starting Sunday at 9pm.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Monisha Kaltenborn, I would stir her curry, if you know what i mean fellas?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Daveh posted:

The McLaren trucks arrived at Jerez without any branding/livery. An indication that the launch livery is not the race livery?

No livery? what are you talking about?

I see silver and black with a red stripe.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Has the Red Bull caught fire yet?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Brainwrong posted:

Oh Kev, where did it all go wrong?

McLaren are the bacon kings, last year it was special rear suspension arms, the year before it was an upside down spring. But time they get to Australia they are back to their normal lack of pace.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Why do nerds have such a boner over the red/white Marlboro McLaren but such contempt for the silver/black West McLaren?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Dudley posted:

If we do lose FIndia. It is.

For what it's worth I do know a guy at Force India with "senior" in his job title. He referred to the stories as "Shite".

I would like to know his opinion on the driving talent's of Paul di Resta before I take his word on anything.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I would like to see a 1000bhp ground effect f1 car hit a sausage kerb.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Don't worry, think about all the album material. He will be sporting a new beard before Australia.

Sulman posted:

Those Force India rumours are starting to check out.
http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117583/more-delays-for-2015-force-india

It's a shame they have so much debt as they'd surely be an attractive purchase otherwise. I'm guessing they need to be sold or they are going under. It's unlikely anyone will lend them any more money, even in the la-la world of F1.

But my uncle at Nintendo with senior in his title said it was shite.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

gret posted:

They've still got better odds of making it to Melbourne than Force India.

What would they run? Even if last years car wasnt auctioned off it was basically a 2013 car.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Butt Wizard posted:

on the face of it you have a system where three teams that are circling the drain at any given time voting to not cut anyone else the slightest bit of slack.

people have long memories when it comes to this poo poo.

Teams that have already nearly bankrupted themselves brining their cars up to this years spec, when its apparently fine for another team to rock up with an 18 month old car old car and no fucks?
gently caress Caterham and Marussia they both knew the books would never balance and decided to run until the creditors caught up with them. When they went under they hosed over alot of smaller suppliers that will never get their money back.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Butt Wizard posted:

Sorry but the most British driver ever drove in the pre-WW2 era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Seaman

Yea, but the problem here is that those teams are pretty much already bankrupt anyway, regardless of the other teams entering or not. Force India is probably not going to show up to the second test and are on their way to HRT build-your-car-in-FP1-in-Melbourne status. Remember that Force India, Marussia and Caterham have done the same amount of mileage in testing so far this year, but one of those teams gets to make life immeasurably difficult for the other two when there's a good chance they're just going to end up in the same boat.

Also, having a go at Caterham and Marussia for outrunning creditors to defend Force India's no vote is a bit ironic given VM's track record:

http://www.ibtimes.com/air-india-strike-second-longest-indian-aviation-history-kingfisher-airlines-pilots-announce-strike

I get that they're well within their rights to say no, but I will laugh so loving hard when Force India collapses.

Trust some stupid Australian to completely miss the point.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

be nice wicka posted:

honda are streaming some F1-related press conference at 5am GMT/midnight EST/all other timezones are irrelevant

because the Japanese love metaphor's Its going to be ASIMO painted in the McLaren livery falling down a flight of stairs.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

drgitlin posted:

Craig Scarborough wrote something for Autosport that takes a more practical look at that Ferrari concept and explains why it will never ever happen: http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/6390/could-ferrari-f1-concept-become-reality/?_ga=1.202706641.1546865961.1408733576

A shame as visually it's interesting, but how do you write a rulebook that encourages interesting looking cars as opposed to aerodynamically efficient ones? (hint, you can't)

Does it say anything about sitting in pit for 10 mins to replace 7 separate body panels, wings and nose cones after being Pastored?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Lauder said that if development had continued on fan assisted cars then then F1 would have out grown the race tracks and a lot of drivers would have died.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Did you forget that he actually raced the fan car?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Did they routinely sedate Massa or Raikkonen at the track side last year after their massive smashes?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
It must have been a hell of a gust of wind to blow an F1 car off the track like that. McLaren have built the F1 equivalent of a panel van.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Norns posted:

Not to be that guy. But dont they test the loving cars in a tunnel that blows high speed winds...?

Yes, but not many teams put their car in the wind tunnel sideways.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Wirth1000 posted:

In a surprise twist, it's all linked to Vettel's 4 conseuctive fraud WDCs and after a WMSC ruling he will officially be stripped of all 4 titles which will posthumously be granted to Michael Schumacher and a pity one given to Ralf.

Unlike 2 time fraud WDC's, 4 time fraud WDC's don't get blow off track by a little bit of wind.
yeah I said it.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

You must need a giant set of balls to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Do you ever feel like the Fia just make poo poo up as they go along. Like they didn't air lift Bianchi to hospital because they said they don't use the helicopter to air lift people with head injury's. then airlift Alonso with a suspected concussion because that's totally fine to do now.

• Locked thread