Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
#lamp

One Swell Foop posted:

So did anyone else snicker when they were spraying the champagne vile rose water from the podium and DC said "and there's going to be a few people who are wet down below" and it cut directly to a shot of a soaked and grinning Nicole Scherzinger, or was it just me?
I giggled like Finbarr Saunders when Suzy Perry said that Nicole "was kissing Lewis' helmet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

“Lewis Hamilton does not know much about racing history and so cannot learn from the mistakes of others. Perhaps he thinks that if it fails he will at least have the consolation of earning loads more money and being a bigger star, thanks to his hustling management that will sell his image here, there and everywhere. That might make him an international celebrity on a bigger scale than he is, but it will not make him a racing legend. Perhaps Mercedes will pull it off and then Hamilton will look clever, but I fear that this will be a move similar to James Hunt joining Wolf; Emerson Fittipaldi joining Fittipaldi, Jacques Villeneuve moving to BAR or Niki Lauda’s ill-fated move to Brabham. History relates that you do not leave a winning team in F1 unless it is to go to another proven winner…” - JJoc*
A stopped clock; a chicken randomly picking multiple-choice answers; Joe's Award. Two of these things are at least occasionally correct.

But hey, I hear the Quantum deal will be signed any day now!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Whitey Ford posted:

Oh Joe, thanks for never being boring I guess

Hahahaha:

quote:

Mr Saward also stepped down from the board. His connection to Caterham didn’t cease though as its F1 car ran for several races with a logo for the Grand Prix Plus e-magazine which Mr Saward is involved with.

When Caterham Sports went under he wrote that “the administration does NOT threaten the racing team, despite reports to the contrary.” In fact, of course it did indeed threaten the racing team as it missed two races and its future now depends on securing new investment.
Good old JJoc*, completely wrong even about things he was involved with.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The dumbest thing anyone can do is start an F1 team.
The quickest way to become a millionaire is to be a billionaire who starts an F1 team.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I have no idea who Joey Barton is. I'm assuming a footballist.

Anyway, all sports are boring; it's just that F1 has hilarious politics.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Suddenly the Worst Thread has become the motorsport equivalent of Grognards.txt.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Helicon One posted:

McLaren Orange and Honda Pure White would be a sexy looking combination.
Maybe with a white nosecone rising to a peak with a thick orange stripe behind it, then more white, and finally a second orange swathe at the tail...

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Sebastian Vettel posted:

Because the FIA are loving idiots.
loving Idiot Authority.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Monisha Kaltenborn can't be having a great time, having taken over running Sauber during their best results since the BMW era and then overseeing their plunge into useless anonymity - beaten by a team that went bust before the season ended and had one driver in a coma. Even Caterham was at least being talked about, however negatively, but did a Sauber do anything of note last year other than get flipped upside down by Crashtor?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Better than that dull as poo poo dark grey they had for the last couple of years, which made the car look like an HRT. (Maybe that's why they had such miserable results.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Bold prediction: all commentators will mistake a Force India for a McLaren or vice versa in every single race. They're both black cars with silver highlights, but one has a red stripe and the other an orange stripe. Totally different!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

be nice wicka posted:

craig scarborough did a video series on youtube with peter windsor where he analyzes all the new chassis. apparently the sauber is basically just their 2014 car with the simplest, cheapest nose that fits the new regulations. that's p sad.
Probably explains why their livery just sort of gives up at the rear. It saves a valuable 87 francs per car!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
drat, I hope Force India don't go belly-up; they're my favourite underdog team. :ohdear: gently caress you Kimi DREAM CRUSHER for denying them their only ever shot at a win.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Diet Crack posted:

The People's Champ.
God, I thought for a moment that was Whitmarsh squeezing into the middle of the picture next to Alonso.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Hexyflexy posted:

Yes, he goes faster when they're broken up
Usually straight into Massa's car.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Sashimi posted:

I remember the article you're talking about but I also can't find it. The fastest car though, it was something nuts like 8WD all powered by electric motors via a gas turbine generator. It also had full ground effects and a fan. It could theoretically take hairpins at something absolutely retarded like 160km/h. Made modern F1 cars look like go karts in comparison.
I searched for this (I like the idea of a billionaire's mental no-limits racing car so much I might put it into my next book), but couldn't find it. I did, however, find a blog where someone suggested in all seriousness that Gordon Murray's design was a bit wimpy with only a gas turbine engine, and proposed replacing it with a nuclear reactor instead.

That said, plenty of places where F1 races are held would be drastically improved by having fast neutrons and radioactive exhaust plumes sprayed over them. Build the Flying Crowbar, put it on wheels and give it a fan for ground effect, done.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
First thing I saw. Like a smiling version of :stare:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Maybe the stolen Ferrari tech specs included the plans for their hopeless wind tunnel, and McLaren have been using the same design since 2009.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Riso posted:

If Toto is Tywin, who is Bernie?
George R R Martin.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tsaedje posted:

The name of the driver must appear on the external bodywork and be clearly legible.
Whereabouts - on the sidepod, or the underside of the nosecone? From what distance? Five centimetres, or five hundred metres? To the human eye, or a camera? If the latter, what lens length? Jeez, it's no wonder we get things like the double diffuser or the F-duct when they leave the rules this slack and open to interpretation. :v:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Handsome, hyperfit man with almost superhuman reactions wakes up after a traumatic event with no memory of the past several years. He finds himself in possession of a large amount of money, and must travel around the world to exotic locations, getting into high-speed car chases while younger and more dangerous rivals in the pay of a sinister cabal of malevolent old men attempt to eliminate him.

The Alonso Identity, coming soon to screens near you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
And Spa looks like an Uzi!

• Locked thread