Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dudley posted:

Not confirmed but I think everyone's assuming. Did it end up making a difference to any position?

EDIT : Why don't I check, I think the answer is no, although Magnussen requires a tiebreak to beat Kimi whereas before he'd be a point clear.

Perez leapfrogs Magnussen and Raikkonen under double points, otherwise there's no place changes, but a few gaps are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dubs posted:

I volunteer to right Dennis/Boullier slashfic

The mclaren at testing has a dong nose :(

The McLaren at testing is a modified version of this year's car, they're not going to tip their hand early on any aero stuff.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
A man non-verbally reacted to me being condescending toward him about a game he wasn't familiar with, he must be an arsehole.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Lewis Hamilton
Daniel Ricciardo
Nico Rosberg
Fernando Alonso
Valtteri Bottas
Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Nico Hulkenberg
Felipe Massa
Sergio Perez
Jean-Eric Vergne
Kevin Magnussen
Kimi Räikkönen
Jules Bianchi
Romain Grosjean
Daniil Kvyat
Pastor Maldonado
Esteban Gutierrez
Marcus Ericsson
Kamui Kobayashi
Max Chilton
Adrian Sutil

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

HJB posted:

In snooker, the crowd can get earpieces so they can listen to the TV commentary while they watch. I'm sure F1 can come up with a similar thing. Google Glasses to view timing screens perhaps?

Members of the crowd used to be able to rent a miniature TV with headphones showing the FIA feed, onboards, commentary and live data, but the company who did it didn't want to pay Bernie enough to keep doing it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Sky sports is reporting that the all conquering McLaren Honda has completed an eye watering 2 laps today.

Remember how we were all crowing about Red Bull's terrible reliability in testing, and then they won 3 races and placed second in the championship?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

Still, I'm not expecting this engine to set the world on fire. Maybe it will set the car on fire.

Well it is a Honda engine

pretend I posted a youtube compilation of BAR engines exploding like every race in 2003-5

E: this'll do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vphJVgjYPI

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I thought have haven't done much running because they're having problems with their car's data. Not much point running a car around and getting inaccurate information.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

AgentJotun posted:

For me its hardly an amazing feat that Hamilton beat Rosberg. In fact I think it reflects pretty poorly on Hamilton on how close Rosberg was able to run him. When has Nico ever been considered top tier?

That's what makes Ricciardo and Alonso's seasons more impressive to me. Both totally smashed world class team mates.

Raikkonen's poo poo and not world class

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Sashimi posted:

The following drivers are not poo poo: Danny Ric, Lewis Hamilton, and Fernando Alonso. Everyone else is rubbish and deserves to feel shame for being bad at driving cars.

I don't think Bottas should be ashamed.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"JP" is definitely the moral victor there, finishing between two v8 F1 cars in an unsponsored GP2(?) car

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

poty posted:

Alonso and Skeletor confirmed as McLaren Honda drivers https://twitter.com/Honda

:lol: this almost justifies the existence of twitter

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

captainOrbital posted:

I don't understand the anyone's infatuation with yacht racing. I guess any time there are 2 or more of one type of vehicle...

What I want to see is a Red-Bull-style air race but with 747s. Like, specifically modified for racing too. By Arab shieks. They would probably have to widen the courses up a little bit.

A380s

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I saw it as a kid coming in to land when I was living next door to the Farnborough Air Show. loving terrifying.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

captainOrbital posted:

Aww, I would love to see one of those in person, especially landing or taking off. Those things are loving crazy also since when did the drat Russkies steal our space shuttle design? That poo poo is like straight up some Chinese-auto-industry-style theft.

Not as funny as when they tried to steal the Concorde designs but British/French intelligence caught on and made sure they got faulty plans.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Fun facts: If the Mercedes engine really does prove better than this year, it seems that Romain Grosjean is set to eclipse nick heidfeld in the number one slot for the most dubious record: "most points eithout a win".

Also positions 2 through 7 of all time were occupied by drivers who contested the 2014 season. Not sure what to read into that, but it must be something. ..

All career points records are inherently flawed because of the different point scoring systems

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

George Zimmer posted:

Brutish Bastards Burgle the Bull

Is it burglary to repossess something already stolen?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Tsaedje & pik_d honeypot

I have never edited a wikipedia article in my life and resent the implication

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's just so utterly unimportant that I can't comprehend the mindset where you have an online slapfight about it.
I personally agree with the guy who thinks there should be a flag, but if I was in his shoes I'd just roll my eyes at the first revert and go do something actually interesting.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
2014 was pretty good, mate

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

be nice wicka posted:

button re-signing with mclaren and beating alonso to the title would be the best thing ever c/d

C

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Cool Spot never forget

E: Also reminder that Hispania's full name was "Hispania Racing Team Formula 1 Team"

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 9, 2014

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm not sure which is more shameful: "YOUR LOGO HERE" or "COSWORTH"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Yeah but BAR were cool and good. BMW-Sauber-Ferrari is probably the best one tbqh.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Dyson McLaren Honda

(because they suck)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
According to BBC the McLaren driver line-up announcement will be tomorrow morning.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

be nice wicka posted:

the most ron thing in the world would be to sign a sponsorship deal with a company called "phone"

Alonso's championship Renaults were sponsored by Telefonica

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Imagine a world without Fernando Alonso: it's a world where Giancarlo Fisichella is a World Champion

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm ok with that world.

be nice wicka posted:

no, it's a world where raikkonen and schumacher each have an extra title

WhoNeedsAName posted:

I'm ok with that too.

You're monsters

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Markus Winkelhock starting dead last and leading his only race, never forget

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Butt Wizard posted:

Van Doorne? He largely dominated the later half of the GP2 season, more convincingly than Hamilton's year tbh. He just drove into the distance, even made Palmer look average. The dude is just on another level and could give Alonso a decent run for his money as a rookie.

Magnussen hasn't set the world on fire, been a little disappointing but the dude is a rookie so there is that. I would love to see Button get the seat and Magnussen/Van Doorne facing off in GP2 to decide who ultimately replaces Button.

Didn't they change it so you can't go back into GP2 if you've had a full F1 drive?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ilanin posted:

You're also banned if you've completed a full season of F1, so Magnussen is definitely out. It's difficult to figure out what he might get a drive in if McLaren don't sign him at this point, unless maybe whoever's holding a WEC slot open for Button would take him.

There's always DTM

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Butt Wizard posted:

Ah, I didn't realise it was that strict. I guess the having drivers young enough to return to a lower Formula is a new thing and will be largely addressed when the minimum age for a super license is 18.

I think they changed it to get rid of Pantano

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I am fully erect at this news. I wonder if Alonso made sure to stipulate full control of his own body hair this time around?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm assuming the drivers aren't wearing ties because their huge mutant necks would make them look ridiculous

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bear in mind he's had Japanese sponsors for years - imagine what he's had to do for them.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Have of taste of Joe Saward's premium GP+ magazine/pdf he throws together with some other hacks: https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/gp159abdab14.pdf

C'n^cl p'l*

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So Sauber have signed another driver, this time a young Ferrari guy called Raffaele Marciello to be their reserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Being a reserve driver helps massively when it comes to getting a Superlicense too

• Locked thread