Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How many races did Sebastian Vettel win in the 2014 Formula One season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Scud will rise again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Alright, so Ferrari's new team boss was...

Vice President of Phillip Morris and brand ambassador of Marlboro since 2007. The rep for F1 sponsors on the F1 comission. And a board member of Juventus.

Juventus are very good so I think this is tremendously good news for Ferrari.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I give a poo poo because Ferrari is the most incredibly good and cool team in the history of motorsport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gmaz posted:

Ferrari is the most vile wretched team in history of sports now paired up with the worst driver and it's going to be tasty when they continue their horrible streak next year.

Now I know why they call this the worst thread!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think we can clearly say in advance that Ferrari's poor results will entirely be Vettel's fault.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I hate Are Dan now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will volunteer to do a team bio. It will be really bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rosberg was pretty much even with Hamilton in 2013 lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

drgitlin posted:

It's copying the panels that have been used in sportscar racing for several years now that let you know what position the car is in.

This seems like much less of an issue in modern F1, where track order pretty much mirrors the running order.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have a weird desire to see what his helmet will look like now that he's out of Red Bull. All modern helmets are poo poo though, except maybe Bottas.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

All the greats had their own techniques. Prost had mind games (i.e. Balestre),Senna had the engine supplier build bespoke engines for him, Piquet called your wife fat.

I love the story where the Honda guy was explaining why Senna's engine just seemed like it was more powerful than Prost's, except everyone noticed that he was calling Senna by his first name, and not Prost.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's really bad and much worse than Pastor "Big Pastor" Maldonado.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have revoked Fernando Alonso's honorary Italian status, and he is now just another awful cheat Spainard. I bet he dopes like Nadal and Marquez.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren is just going to run a giant "oc* on the sidepods.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah I have every reason to believe that not slowing down sufficiently for local yellows is something most drivers these days has been guilty of at some point

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

the current world champion once crashed on pit entry ffs

He is an awful driver.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Butt Wizard posted:

So, Red Bull drivers then.

For MotoGP, substitute "are Spanish".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Butt Wizard posted:

I wouldn't mind VAG but I want a SEAT entry more than anything else.

SEAT are terrible and ruined WTCC with their lovely looking cars.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A proper Porsche factory effort again would be really cool.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I cry myself to sleep over what's happened to WRC because of Red Bull.

In fairness, it was ruined before Red Bull took it over. The concern now is trying to prevent Red Bull from pissing on the corpse and turning it into rallycross.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is it the title sponsor deal?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren should be sponsored by that weird Japanese company that sponsored all those pink-liveried sportscars.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't understand this but whatever.

Ron Dennis, in addition to being a fraud, is racist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

The golden era of sponsorship was not only the tobacco era, but also the era where Italian heat exchanger manufacturers from Piedmont sponsored grand prix teams.

RIP an Italian dairy company being one of the biggest sponsors of the sport.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jackie Stewart used to ensure that the tires on the team transporter, when parked, always had the company logo top-and-center, which I think would have made Ron proud.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FuzzySkinner posted:

In an IndyCar!

It's weird...had he made the move in 1993 (like what Emmo was pushing him to do?) The 1993 Indy 500 would have had Mario, Senna, Piquet, Mansell and Emmo all on the grid.

TEN World Driving Championsips between those 5.

Senna would have stomped them I reckon. Badly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate McLaren but Button deserves a better end to his career than the horrible 2013/2014 McLarens.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That has pretty much always been the case tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brainwrong posted:

I wasn't aware, mainly because I don't care about another useless team that brings nothing to the sport other than tears, sorrow, humiliation and disgrace.

That's every team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tsaedje posted:

Cool Spot never forget

E: Also reminder that Hispania's full name was "Hispania Racing Team Formula 1 Team"

At some point BAR's name was "BAR British American Racing Formula One Team" or some poo poo. BAR British American Racing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ron Dennis will drive one of the cars himself as nobody else wants to drive for the sinking ship that is McLaren.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat, McLaren tied to dirty Spanish doping money? Disgusting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Zsolt the Bolt FTW.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Late 2001 Minardi had Fernando Alonso and Alex Yoong, which seriously might be the greatest disparity in teammate quality in F1 history. I mean, at least Johnny Dumfries was competent.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He was bad, but Yoong was one of those completely out-of-their-depth drivers that F1 was supposed to have gotten rid of after like 1995. He was seriously on like, Taki Inoue or Jean-Denis Delatraz's tier.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Our Dan vs the Fraud???

Very possibly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

friesacher and albers were a pretty terrible duo

They at least had some vaguely promising lower series results.

Like look at Yoong's junior formula records ffs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Yoong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

gently caress

the worst drivers today really are a league above even 10 years ago. the worst driver this year was probably ericsson and the motherfucker "earned" a sauber contract.

Yeah like, Ericsson and Esteben Gutierrez are clearly bad but they've got a baseline level of competence that you didn't see in the absolutely horrible 90s ride buyers.

Like, call Bernie an elitist for wanting to clean up the grid in the early 90s, but look at this poo poo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Formula_One_season#Drivers

(I like that seemingly the entire French and Italian development ladders decided to participate in the season at some point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yoong is also worse than everybody on that list, even Phillipe Adams. I'm hard pressed to think of a semi recent driver who is actually worse than Yoong - perhaps Claudio Langes.

Paolo Barilla of the pasta family was pretty terrible.

• Locked thread