Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Some people have been pretty vicious to Nico in the 2014 thread but I think he conducted himself very nicely in Abu Dhabi, and he's fundamentally a good, honest guy. Sure, he's made a couple of mistakes, but who in the world hasn't? I hope next year he helps Lewis a bit more instead of always fighting him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrPAzMrgc0g

The BBC credits, quality as always

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Will you accept a 323-page epic fantasy adventure paperback I wrote starring one L. Hamilton as the bio for Lewis?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

CratSock posted:

With a pit crew like that... "Guetta in"

Maybe Lewis uses Ronco (or is it GLH?) spray on hair for interviews and non-sweaty applications. He usually gives bad interviews. Anyone remember when he was on Top Gear and he tried to tell Clarkson about his "pimp wagon"?

It was great please don't hate on Lewis because you're jealous of his success and natural hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LWCfAnRwY

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

2005 USGP is peak Formula 1, the best race ever

I ran a model and it's the most referenced race of all time so this is obviously true

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Lol Kimi is gonna trounce him next year and it's gonna own

As in Kimi will finish 10th and Vettel 13th

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Alonso and Skeletor confirmed as McLaren Honda drivers https://twitter.com/Honda

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Korea won't happen, in a hilariously F1 turn of events it's just a move to bypass the spirit of its own engine limit regulation by taking advantage of its wording

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/319933/analysis-why-is-korea-back-on-the-calendar/

quote:

The move has been linked to a small section of Formula 1's 2015 regulations, regarding a driver's engine allocation.

Next year, the rules state that the number of engines drivers can use per season will be cut from five to four, if there are no more than 20 races.

The rulebook goes on to state that drivers can use five "if the number of events in the championship, as originally scheduled, exceeds 20".

With the key phrase being "as originally scheduled", it would mean that even if Korea drops off the schedule, drivers would still be able to use five engines.

The four-unit rule for 2015 was established prior to the new turbo V6 engines hit the track, but there have been calls to keep the limit at five following the technical problems suffered in 2014 and to allow Renault and Ferrari a better chance of closing the gap to pace-setter Mercedes.

Five drivers took penalties for stepping over the usage limit this season, with Romain Grosjean's 20-place grid drop at Abu Dhabi – which led to in-race time penalties – the biggest example.

There is also the arrival of Honda to consider, with fears that an early struggle, amid overly strict regulations, could deter other manufacturers from entering the sport.

Honda's new engine made its first public appearance at the recent Abu Dhabi test, but various technical problems restricted it to just five laps over two days.

By adding a race to the calendar, and removing it at a later date, the aim of boosting engine allowance is achieved without the usual arguments over minor regulation details.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

nsaP posted:

In the wiki spergs defense, they're wiki spergs and that's the wiki rule. If the race isn't confirmed at a venue, no flag for the location of the venue.

I wonder if we could remove Korea if we got some citations saying they hadn't done poo poo to get the race back and it's just a ploy to allow 5 engines in the season.

ed: Just checked, Korea is TBA too but now they both have flags. Oh god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

Please remove the flags from the Texas, Quebec and Catalonia GPs as they could secede.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

The love for Haas on there is ridiculous. If you dare to point out the obvious (i.e. they probably won't make the grid in 2015 and if they do they will be horrifically under-prepared and poo poo like Caterham) you get downvoted all the way to China.

The top post earlier was a screenshot of a YouTube video of an interview of a man called "Fernando Alonso" who works for Airbus.

They make the worst thread look like a shining beacon of intellect and reason.

is that a typo or are you unaware it's spelled bacon

poty
Jun 21, 2008

this is so weird

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Alain Post posted:

You can keep Di Resta.

Di Resta is clearly italian mate, he couldn't shut up about it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Alonso's rep is so loving high he still gets voted second best driver of the year when he didn't win a thing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117125

CoffeeBooze posted:

Someone on Reddit posted this gif of Grosjean getting it up on two wheels during the ROC Nations Cup. Not exactly his best driving, but then again something tells me that truck is running a lot less down force than he is used to.

What flag is that, did the race take place at the Illuminati HQ

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Reading Ferrari's announcement about Guiterrez and you can get a sense that it was purely done for commercial purposes in order to get access to his Mexican sponsors and market, lol.

They just want a decent third driver in case Vettel doesn't improve

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Can't wait to see what Santa brings on December 28th

poty
Jun 21, 2008

McLaren needs to get itself Ross Brawn to help with the bullshit lawyering because they got the shortest straw ever on this one

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Let's be honest, the races have been ok and all but the Formula E cars are poo poo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Formula E really is something else

poty
Jun 21, 2008

More of these posts in the future, less of the ones where you say things and give opinions

poty
Jun 21, 2008

This is what passes for drivers at Ferrari these days

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Disappointing to see they're keeping the same sponsors.

I will not be able to wear my Alonso T-shirt to church anymore so people don't think I'm a Vettel apologist

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

I am going to poo poo my pants if Marussia and Caterham make the grid.

:toxx:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Sebastian Vettel posted:

CNN are sponsoring McLaren next season in exchange for getting to use their new control centre.

EDIT: it's actually called the Thought Leadership Centre, whatever that means. It sounds sinister though.

“There is an inherent symmetry between McLaren and CNN that makes us perfectly attuned for partnership," McLaren CEO Ron Dennis said.

CNN used to be with Caterham so I guess McLaren are "symmetric" to them too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

JFairfax posted:

^here's the big pic from that

Hi I keep clicking the banner to win the watch but it doesn't work can you fix the link

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

The 2009 ING Renault is the most hideous car in recent history

This looks better than this year's Force India

RIP Force India's massive black dong 2014-2014

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I think Lewis Hamilton's dogs' Twitter has been hacked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/roscoelovescoco

Not sure about that, bulldogs have a well-known Tory bias

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article3184635.ece

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I think he looks great. Very stylish, it's clear his risk taking skills work just as well off the track

poty
Jun 21, 2008

McLaren is so clearly the best team

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Post the Formula E one

poty
Jun 21, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I dont, also I cant remember anything that Heinz-Harald Frentzen did and I wont remember what the hell Sutil/Hulkenberg did in a few years i'm sure.

But I will remember Sebastian vettel racking up lots more WDCs with Ferrari which is something we can all enjoy.

Humklenburg kicked serious rear end in Brazil with Williams in 2010 and especially with Force India in 2012

poty
Jun 21, 2008

If the new McLaren looks anything like their overalls for this season tomorrow will be a very exciting day indeed!

- Ron Dennis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Professor Grumpy posted:

2015 Merc running at Silverstone

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/560820227261210624

From this the bodywork looks the prettiest I've seen so far. Perhaps the promo shots will make it look like poo poo

The only thing you can see in this vid is the kraut leadership at Mercedes favoring Nico while probably telling Lewis not to go to the factory because the whole team is still on holidays

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I'm sure I'll run into Vettel's annoying face elsewhere online but it'd be cool if this thread cemented its place as the finest F1 forum by completely skipping Ferrari's launch tomorrow

I hear Sauber is launching too that should be exciting

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Possibly Chicken posted:

Mclaren is silver "LOL THIS SUCK RON DENIS LOL"

Merc is silver and looks the loving same " HOLY poo poo BONER GUYS I LOVE THIS UGGGH"

I secretly think the McLaren looks really good but it's fun to poo poo on things

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Fumble posted:

Monisha Kaltenborn, I would stir her curry, if you know what i mean fellas?

She's swiss dumbass. The proper innuendo is warm her fondue

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I just checked and she is not swiss but I still like the joke

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

I can absolutely see McLaren going the way of original Lotus or Brabham or any of the once great teams that just withered and died. Mainly because Ron's style of management is incredibly loving tedious and he doesn't seem to really be cutting the mustard any more.

Martin Whitmarsh must be rolling over in his grave

poty
Jun 21, 2008

After the testing so far I think it's fair to congratulate Lewis on his third and look forward to 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

If Vettel wins the championship this year in the car Alonso renounced I'm quitting F1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

They should have made the top half white, it would have checked the nostalgia checkboxes and it would count as "new" so people wouldn't whine.

Instead some poor designer will have to design a whole new livery in two weeks while having daily meetings with Ron Dennis about the right shade of red to use

• Locked thread