Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
#FerrariFinger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Here's hoping they can salvage something...I don't see it happening, this is Alonso all over again.

Michael won 2 titles before moving to Ferrari, thus I conservatively estimate 10 consecutive titles brought to their rightful place in Maranello.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
you guys are going to cry a lot when #ferrarfinger picks up every title from 2015 to 2025

#vlessed

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I give a poo poo because Ferrari is the most incredibly good and cool team in the history of motorsport.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

krushgroove posted:

I don't know what an 'RNG' is, but here's the list of goons so far who want to write driver bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BeDKUTb0dRKDdVdtUo349RIq1so7ancp1kE9WpHpRU/edit?usp=sharing

Please add me to this, the worst list

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Currently on the front page of Australia's (probably) most read newspaper website:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/lewis-hamilton-is-an-arrogant-rear end-20141125-11tyw5.html

"Hamilton disappeared up his own a*se long ago."

This is such a wonderful article for all the reasons opposite of what the author thinks makes it a wonderful article.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Xisticide posted:

This is Antony Hamilton's "invention" right?

Edit: yes it is and it looks like poo poo:

What is that supposed to display? It looks to be about the size of a tablet. What useful information will be displayed on such a thing, that cannot be better transmitted by some on-screen graphic? Or as someone said above, by just knowing driver helmets and the tyres? There aren't that many drivers, and there are only 6 different types of tyres, of which two you see very rarely.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I have (due to work-related reasons) finally got on twitter, does anyone have a list of super cool and informative and nice accounts to follow so I can read about #megajet live ?

#thanks

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Everyone please remember that at least 20% of your driver bio must be about you respective driver's hair and/or amusing hats

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
2005 USGP is peak Formula 1, the best race ever

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
How broken a childhood do you need to have to not pretend your shopping trolley is a race car even when you are an adult??

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Four more titles here we go boys

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenst...laried-athlete/

quote:

value of Vettel’s three-year contract at 150 million British Pounds

gotta spend money to make money #velieve

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

nsaP posted:

India as well. I hold out hope they were unfairly maligned by the fraud Vettel's overly dominant car.

Bring back the dog

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Not getting enough?
:eyepop:

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

thegasman2000 posted:

Fixed.

I love the fact Newey is a cheating bastard...
As opposed to everyone else in F1?

I don't mean to defend Newey but come on, it's a cheaters' sport.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I'm racist, ergo I watch F1

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I hate McLaren but Button deserves a better end to his career than the horrible 2013/2014 McLarens.

What better choice then than the horrible 2015 edition?

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

be nice wicka posted:

reminder that "super aguri" was literally the word super and a adult man's first name

Yes, the best team.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

You Am I posted:

I thought Boobens had that title? At least Alonso has two WDC titles

Um Rubinho was MWDC 2000 - 2004, 2009, and 2011.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
What a racist garbageman team, no surprise that they had to kick out Alonso at the honest and respectful institution that is Ferrari, which just wouldn't put up with such an attitude.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Alonso "the Fonz" Fernando, garbageman extraordinaire 2015-? (some ridiculous year completely past his "prime", i.e. Button in 2013)

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I cant wait for a McLaren-Honda 1-2 Championship with Button two time WDC dabbing Alonsos stricken seasons induced tears with his charming beard. Good times ahead.

This, but actually what will actually happen in the real world as maclaren-honda rebrand themselves for Formula E after 15 consecutive DNFs

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

willcrouch posted:

Every year

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I think for it being the first season they're doing quite well. I agree with the Valencia parallels though, and fear that Buenos Aires might be the same.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

poty posted:

Alonso's rep is so loving high he still gets voted second best driver of the year when he didn't win a thing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117125

5. NICO ROSBERG (115 points)
6. FELIPE MASSA (55 points)
7. SEBASTIAN VETTEL (53 points)

This is extremely insulting to Massa

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

As a North American, as far as I can tell Soccer is less about watching the game and more about wearing fascist symbols to the stadium and beating up Azeri migrants selling fruit afterwards.

Hence why its utterly baffling that a thread full of enthusiastic Formula 1-watchers doesn't embrace football with the same passion.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No words or witty come back
Agreed, nothing one can do in the face of absolute truths except agree. #forzavettel

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

track day bro! posted:

Let's brutaly murder him with assault rifles and grenades.
I think you need a pure silver crucifix

Alain Post posted:

I want Formula One to be run by Flavio Briatore.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

enri posted:

In quite interested to see how Michael Schumacher took a photo :v:

This is pretty cool though

I'm not going to click it and instead pretend that its a very blurry shot of rapidly-approaching ice.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
In actual news, Schumacher can apparently recognise his immediate family. This according to famous cripple Philippe Streiff.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/formule-1/un-an-apres-son-accident-schumacher-commence-a-reconnaitre-les-siens-28-12-2014-4404729.php

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Sebastian Vettel.

The laughter of joy as he secures title after title for Maranello

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

AgentJotun posted:

Were are these rumours about locked in syndrome coming from? They are at odds with what Kehm and even Streiff are saying. Long and hard road to recovery sounds quite a lot better if the alternative is can't move anything at all.

The Philippe Streiff comments, at least, have been denied by the doctors as well as the family's spokeperson. He was (again) blowing smoke out of his rear end.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Sashimi posted:

Nope that's Jean Marie Balestre, literal member of the French SS. Charming fellow I'm told.
also RIP

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
hi i'm david coulthard and i used to be a good driver hey no stop laughing

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Xisticide posted:

I like that you could win 3 consecutive FIA World Championships in an open wheel series where half the grid are ex-F1 drivers and earn 0 points since they completely blanked Formula E.

You've beaten the likes of Luca di Grassi and Karun Chandhok please enjoy this 2-for-1 whopper coupon, not to be used in conjunction with any other coupon.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Hope you've all done your Fanboost voting!

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Wallrod posted:

I still have video of this on a hard drive for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyBcmjnbYo

" This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. "

Don't know what I expected.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Increased Japanese involvement is pointless and boring and only matters to the shitbox Mclaren unless there is also a rising amount of brilliant Japanese drivers to amuse the 99% of the crowd who would rather that mclaren would stop disgracing this sport already.

Perhaps the return of Super Aguri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

RALF posted:

Ferrari Is Awesome

:agreed:

• Locked thread