Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So, who has the post stats to the last thread?

And hello off-season thread. Let the arguments, probates and banning's commence.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3616451

Four time WDC Alain Prost takes the top spot with a tremendous 928 posts, beating out second place poster learnincurve by over 100 posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
From that police report:

quote:

Two cars were involved in the burglary. A silver 4x4 which was used to drive through the entrance and a further dark coloured, black or dark blue Mercedes estate car.

Lock Hamilton and Rosberg up and throw away the key, imo.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

keevo posted:

Sorry to break up the Good Posts, but Wikipedia is pretty good with keeping up with the changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Formula_One_season

Some of these rules sound weird, such as the one about lapped cars in front of the safety car. I also thought the radio rule was dropped.

Radio rule got loosened for 2014 because some teams had steering wheels that couldn't show as much telemetry, so it'd give an advantage to the teams that had bigger screens. This year expect all the teams to be running wheels with the big Merc/Ferrari type screens.

The lapped cars one is a good thing. Instead of having to make it all the way around to the end of the pack behind the safety car (which is part of why safety cars take so long), they can just get some distance up the track ahead. So hopefully they won't be in the way at the restart, and then everyone can just pass them.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

None of you are considering that one of those people arguing might be Bernie Ecclestone who knows for a fact where the German GP is being held but can't cite it for legal reasons.

If one of them was Bernie, he couldn't post it because it would count as "original research".

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

poty posted:

They just want a decent third driver in case Vettel doesn't improve

By winning five championships this time?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Sashimi posted:

I didn't know Lewis was an inquisitor.

Or a member of Run DMC.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

autism chariot posted:

Which would actually be good for the sport. I don't get it this is Bernie. He sups with Satan, why is he doing something apparently good?

If it works it'll help with his struggling midfield teams problem without having to give them any more money.

Bernie always wins.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

-Esteban Gutierrez

explains quite a bit about Sauber, actually.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Enilev posted:

Jean-Eric Vergne, confirmed furry?

Actually if he identifies as Simba in particular he might be fictionkin.

edit: I'm aware that knowing this means I have spent too long staring into the tumblr abyss

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

George Zimmer posted:

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi and an Arrows. Please do not shame these teams, it's very triggering.

My pronouns are Senna/Sennas/Sennaself

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

CratSock posted:

Maybe they've been hard at work in the wind tunnel fabbing up some aerodynamic helmet extension that can safely encase his growing beard, and also by chance become the blown diffuser of 2015. #bearddiffuser #beardedandblessed

Lewis is in trouble then. They'll have to fix the setup on his car when his beard breaks up with him mid season.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

Any word on the Caterham situation?

Tony Fernandes' airline lost a plane.

That's vaguely Caterham related I guess.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

They still make cars?

I had to look it up, as well.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Brainwrong posted:

Where are you from? Here in the UK they are quite popular, especially the Shogun 4x4 and the L200 pick up.

In the US they've basically got the Lancer and a SUV no one gives a poo poo about.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/speedchampions/teaser

Guys I think I need to buy these.

Though will they have a lego miniature figure of Kimi included? I must know this.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

CratSock posted:

I'm not getting excited for the "new" McLaren livery, since Mercedes' big newsworthy change was to move from silver to 'kromo'. Which is chrome. Also known as silver.

Formula E sure does seem to have a lot of contact. I honestly think they should change its name to Formula Maldonado. Has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

I think you mean Formula Future WDC and Race Winner Maldonado.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

quote:

Friday's ruling will allow Honda to change a given amount of its engine calculated by the average of the number of tokens unused by the other manufacturers by the time of the first race in Australia on 16 March.

That's... surprisingly sensible.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

It's not as good without the caption Kamui put on his Instagram:

quote:

#Repost @dvdasa with @sashagrey @repostapp.
・・・
Serendipity - the #1 formula one race car driver in Japan the #1 collector of rare Japanese chips and snack foods #1 hottest white girl in Japan, all 3 happen to be in the same room in Japan and all 3 are the biggest perverts in Japan and that's no easy feat @kamuikobayashi @davidchoe2 @sashagrey #dvdasa
Follow

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Serperoth posted:

There was a pic around with the photo and the caption, does anyone happen to have that? I lost it when my HDD died.

You could take a screenshot of it on instagram if you wanted: http://instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?modal=true

(meant to include that link with the quote, whoops)

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Sashimi posted:

Kamui Kobayashi hangs out with cooler people than any of us, that's all there is to it.

I do, however, question his claim that they are the three biggest perverts in Japan. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Don't you remember Darth Cookie's old avatar?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

The Humble Bundle store has a sale on Codemasters games going on this weekend. Were F1 2013 or 2014 any good?

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/codemasters

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Is Claire Williams Princess Leia?

They both have fathers that can't use their legs.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Does Nicole breaking up with him make him better or worse, I don't remember.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

lol the dude's reply is even better than the post

quote:

If you read the tite carefully, I said you don't have to be religious-you can just leave a few kind words. I'm not religious, I'm just spiritual. I work with energy, and my purpose is to maintain a positive energy balance in this world for everyone. I do it for you, for me, for Channing Tutum, Justin Beiber and everyone. We are one, and we do not need to fight just cause I suggested helping another fellow racing being. Free yourself from hate towards other people and you'll actually live a blissful life. Be one, love all and be free.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

anyway can we guess which oil-rich nation has purchased manor?

i say canada

Turkmenistan

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

not all that bold considering vettel was once beloved as well

once and still

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

JFairfax posted:

Riciardo just got the fastest time out of all the f1 drivers on top gear

Give him the 2014 championship retroactively, imo.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Are Red Bull changing their livery? Or was the testing livery just to hide physical components?

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/190315.html

"It has already proved a hit among fans but will not be on the car for the first race in Australia. Horner said Red Bull's followers could look forward to an even better livery at the races (likely to be the team's traditional colours)."

Diet Crack posted:

e: Are Sauber suddenly legit after bucking the trend and not going with a black/silver livery?

No.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

I think we already knew that.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

poty posted:

McLaren is a good British team that is just going through a rough patch since the germans started to cheat in 2010. Thankfully our Lewis has infiltrated their operations and is undermining as much as he can from the inside but fret not we will rise again and prevail like we did in WW2

Helping them to win a championship isn't sabotage, it's appeasement. Lewis is Lord Halifax.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

One Swell Foop posted:

I'll take "sentences that are still true if you drop the first letter" for $200, Alex.

I don't think "m" or "t" are words.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

One problem is the circuit layouts changing over time. Spa is obviously out if you want to go really far back because it doesn't go through the woods anymore.

For fun I compared the 1964 British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch with the 2011 British GT championship results, but I don't know how much that circuit has changed other than it seems shorter today based on math. Anyway, Jim Clark's qualifying lap in 1964 was 1:38:1, which is about 97mph over 2.65 miles. An SLS AMG GT3 did a 1:28.6 in 2011 with an average speed of 98.87mph which would work out to 2.42 miles. If you take Clark's average speed over the shorter distance, it'd be a 1:29:8.

So yeah. Imperfect comparison, but it looks like the racing SLS isn't that much faster than a 1960s F1 car.

http://f1pulse.com/racecard/British_Grand_Prix_1964/3B3C42/race_card_qualify.aspx

http://www.britishgt.com/results.php?event=3&season=2011&session=Qualifying%201

e: wrong year

BAD AT STUFF fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 28, 2015

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Ahahaha is that a sequin jacket?

Someone needs to call the police, he's been stealing from Lewis's wardrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

If you're an annoying hipster with an inflated sense of self-likeability who leaves a wake of people thinking "What a nob", and you have a taste for poo poo drinks: Red Bull
If you look at hipsters with an inflated sense of self-likeability and think "I want to be their friend": Torro Rosso

Nah, Torro Rosso is the hipster one. Their drivers are more "indie" and if they get promoted to Red Bull you can say you followed them before it was cool.

Honestly for someone new to F1 I'd say it's best to get the lay of the land for the first year or two. You don't really need to follow one team because they all show up to each race weekend (when they're not out of money). Just by watching the races you'll be following all of them. And before you know it you'll be making GBS threads up this thread arguing over who's the biggest fraud with the rest of us.

• Locked thread