Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

drgitlin posted:

they just fired Tombazzis, so...

Aw man, now the broadcaster here won't have something to spam in every race about that dude and how he's Greek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.

I'm game for that kind of thing. We can get a Google doc going, with an RNG...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'd like to amend my initial offer to include that I'd be game to write about teams or tracks or whatever, not just drivers.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

do you know what testing is for?

i'll give you a hint:

it's testing

Doing few laps is bad for testing, since you don't do enough to gather data. Obviously, you're gonna have breakdowns or other difficulties, but unless you're specifically testing for "How does the <thing> react to the car only doing very few laps?", it's not good.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Carbonate posted:

If anyone is interested, I could type up some stuff about marshaling and vehicle recovery or whatever for next year's thread?

I've flagged 5 GP's (and tons of regional stuff, both on stand and in race control) and have been a corner chief the last two Canadian GP's I've worked, so I should know enough to write something up...

Sounds like a good read, if you're offering.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Would finally root for McLaren.

The only thing better would be JoJo McLaren.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

keevo posted:

http://instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?modal=true

"Serendipity - the #1 formula one race car driver in Japan the #1 collector of rare Japanese chips and snack foods #1 hottest white girl in Japan, all 3 happen to be in the same room in Japan and all 3 are the biggest perverts in Japan and that's no easy feat"

Kamui "The Pervert" Kobayashi

I googled the other dude, and this is the last sentence of the Wikipedia page opening paragraph.

quote:

David also hosts DVDASA (Double Vag Double Anal Sensitive Artist),[5] a lifestyle, relationship and entertainment podcast with co-host Asa Akira.

And yeah, I'll agree with simplefish, I love Kamui.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dudley posted:

Yes? Rosberg already had to pass him

I thought we were talking about stuff that could happen.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

reminder that "super aguri" was literally the word super and a adult man's first name

"Aguri" means "cucumber" in Greek! :goonsay:
So basically it was even funnier in Greek.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sneak peek of the 2015 Mercedes, from Lewis Hamilton's facebook page.

My new car! Thanks to Jonathan Ross and team! Watch me whip this beast around on Saturday's Christmas Special! #TeamLH #NewRide #SaturdayAt10pm #GodIsTheGreatesthttp://instagram.com/p/wuGnf8L0-y/

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dubs posted:

itll be black and white with honda written in red

I like it, black and white can look great on an F1 car.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

freeranger posted:

You are all wrong... Super Aguri had the best car/colors of all time! There is no debating this! It has the best green!

Oh my god this is hilarious. "Aguri", in Greek, means "cucumber". Yes, F1 fans in Greece did laugh a bit when the team was first announced.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mimetic posted:

It's not as good without the caption Kamui put on his Instagram:

There was a pic around with the photo and the caption, does anyone happen to have that? I lost it when my HDD died.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Riso posted:

Guys, guys, Sasha Grey is a legitimate actress http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2340248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

And a musician (no longer part of her band, but she was in one), and writer. She's legit pretty awesome.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

Team Azerbaijan: Land of Fire Formula 1 Team

They're bringing back refuelling?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean a German or Indian manufacturer?

:thejoke:

CratSock posted:

God this is painful to watch. McLaren, get your poo poo together already. It would be beyond glorious if Ron was trolling everyone by intentionally rolling out a piece of poo poo every day, and then bringing the REAL car to Melbourne. (which would actually be one that works and drives and doesn't break immediately)

If only they could. But with testing being what it is, and Ron being Ron, there's not a chance he'd send out a car that hasn't seen tarmac to a race, unfortunately.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Daveh posted:

On the face of it the decision seems to be reasonable.

Even if it wasn't FI, since a unanimous vote is required, I think it would have been someone else, either an "honest" vote of "yeah no, they're too slow, sorry" or just using it to apply whatever pressures they want to Bernie etc.

Daveh posted:

We have teams circling the drain, let's let some more in that have already drowned once! Especially those whose supporting evidence for their request is non-existent. Good plan!

I'm all for more small independant teams, but things like budgets need to be addressed first. Three new teams were accepted in who all expected a concrete budget cap to be put in place, but it wasn't - and now all three have left the sport because they can't afford to complete. If a budget cap *had* been in place before the joined up, would they still be here, what would the sport look like now? Who knows.

:agreed:
Smaller teams and privateers would be great for the current grid, but with costs being what they are, they'd be hard to get in without help, either a budget cap or otherwise.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Uncle Jam posted:

Car Sport Rejects
@f1rejects
Fan site no longer paying tribute to the Heroic Failures of a popular form of motorsport. Not affiliated or endorsed in any way by Formula 1.

Did F1 shut them down? Crazy.

Oh, they're not shutting down forever, looks like they are just relaunching a new name:
GP Rejects
@gprejects
Reincarnating the Reject spirit! We are not affiliated to anything whatsoever. Especially you, FOM. #GPRLaunch

Well the site had been down for a while, and was just a forum for some time. Hope they relaunch soon/well, F1Rejects was great, minus the tiny green-on-black text.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

thegasman2000 posted:

Wait wait wait a minute Badoer still has a job? Literally worse than Hammond on an f1 car.

You Am I posted:

I think he's racing in Formula E at the moment

So, no then?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, he's alive.

That's true, I'm alright with that.

I wouldn't call "driving for McLaren" anything close to "well", however.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wow that's pathetic they can't even spell Lotus right.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CratSock posted:

the charred, defective lump of carbon in Melbourne.

Alonso's not running in Melbourne, what are you talking about?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

notice me

Max Verstappen
Not :frogsiren:ARE MAX:frogsiren:. The Other Max. Son of former F1 racer Jos Verstappen, (who wasn't absolutely terrible) and a lady who used to (pretty successfully) race karts. Expect "the other Verstappen", considering how his dad was around for a while. Pretty loving young (born in '97), started racing pretty early on (at 4-5 years old according to Wikipedia), he's been pretty promising in other disciplines even before racing in Formula 3, where he finished the 2014 season 3rd, and he's already the younger driver to participate in a GP weekend (Free Practice in Japan 2014). Signed with Toro Rosso for 2015, and with his history he could be more than a moving chicane. Probably not too bad, all things considered.

Hoping this isn't too short, lemme know if it is and I can fix it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

keevo posted:

#blessed

As much as I like Lewis, he's no Kamui:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I used to have it with Kamui's comment on it, about spending time with Japan's best artist or something and the hottest white girl in Japan but I can't find it :negative:

• Locked thread