Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Ferrari's main problem is that they've forgotten how to cheat. McLaren, then Brawn, then Red Bull and now Mercedes. They've all bent the rules and/or broken them to their advantage whilst Ferrari have kept their noses clean.

Ferrari used to be a disgrace because of their cheating and whining. Now they are just a disgrace because they are poo poo.

Pretty much, Kimi's WDC was the last of their cheating that worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Aqualung posted:

So Webber just pulled a Nelson Piquet Jr. in Brazil.

You mean Mark Webber pulled a Mark Webber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9l3WzXCTCg

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Needs Euros brought in, to balance that sheet

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

simplefish posted:

Another key point: It's Stefano

e: Oh, and VW won't go near F1 with Bernie still in charge - I don't blame 'em

or Ferdinand Piech in charge of VAG, never seen Bernie lose tbh

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Alain Post posted:

A proper Porsche factory effort again would be really cool.

This, because it would be a far greater name in the sport than Audi (going by 80's Ferrari vs Porsche teenage boy fandom)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

What? He had a few good drives for FIndia and then McLaren picked up up and them promptly dropped him because he's poo poo. I don't think Ferrari was even interested.

He drove for the Ferrari engined Sauber then

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Have of taste of Joe Saward's premium GP+ magazine/pdf he throws together with some other hacks: https://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/gp159abdab14.pdf

I think Hamilton's dog could have done a better job of the layout than that

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Uncle Jam posted:

The strong pedigree of Leyland

Haha worked for Leyland DAF for 6 months years ago, very last time I saw a tea trolley lady

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I just picked up Jackie Stewart's "winning is not enough" book. Am I in for a good read?

It's great until you get to his God phase

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Nothing wrong with McLarens livery, looks ok, you haters need to stop jumping on a bandwagon... would be funny though if Ron hired Alonso just to gently caress him over

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Bottas 41:1 I'm taking a punt on that WDC fella

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Fumble posted:

These new swooping noses are going to be great at launching cars.
It looks like sky f1 has half an hour each night for the tests starting Sunday at 9pm.

It's usually 15 mins of cars and 15 mins of Ted's notebook

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Remember when Brawn 'sandbagged'

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Can't remember but I think Wicka or FagboyJim said the best thing this season was if Button won, I think that would be funny as gently caress

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

darth cookie posted:

Button or Raikkonen WDC would be the only things better than Alonso winning it.

Only if McLaren gently caress up the final pit stop

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Sandbagging went as soon as the regs got tight... and no private testing, you do actually need the run time now, though I doubt any secret aero would be revealed till Aussie GP

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

darth cookie posted:

Getting held up by back markers

Without those backmarkers you wouldn't get wonderful moments like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-aR9cK7w8

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Mimetic posted:

once and still

I hated Hamilton.. now I think he's ok, I hated Schumacher, yet liked his comeback, Vettle did it the wrong way round

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Alain Post posted:

I like Japanese watches but Casios are, uh, divisive looking

and honestly if I wanted a more traditional looking Japanese watch I'd get a Seiko

Pretty much, my second watch is a Seiko

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

aequalis posted:

Is it possible that this is a massive overreaction by the Spanish medical staff, media and marshals? I mean, could we have expected the same thing if this was a test held in Stevenedge and the driver was Hamilton in a Spanish-run team (however unlikely)

It's Alonso knowing the car's poo poo to get out of this year... he can't help screwing Ron over

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I assume Flavio is a game of thongs character

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

That thing is basically a helmet with wheels and a wing

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

thegasman2000 posted:

Right riso you get force India! Different enough to annoy but with so much mclaren crossover it's repetitive.

I reckon Alonso's will be short. Died on preseason see worst thread for details.

Farce India... there's a lot of comedy source to do a good writeup

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Argh they've changed the one really useful bit of F1.com where it shows you all the coming race weekend's session times and you can click a button to switch between your time zone and track time zone. Now it's a rolex branded clock face that gives you the current time where you are and the current time at the track.

I was pissed they did that too

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Love to see his attitude if someone paid more for his access

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Jedit posted:

Formula 1 2015 Season: You're All Going To Jail

except Bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper