Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

gret posted:

Ya think?
I believe he has heard about it. However, he is simply speechless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kinda cool.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

autism chariot posted:

So you're wife bathes in this like it ain't no thang then?
God, and I thought my hand cream at £7.99 for 50ml was expensive.

e: #MicromachinesV3Michael

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

It's nice that Ferrari are well and truly back to their pre Schumacher/Brawn/Todt ways. They really ought to paint the cars a darker red and paint the wings black.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I really do wonder when (if?) Vettel is going to win another championship.

Heck, a race win?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.
This... is a good idea. I would like to put my name down.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Riso, as far as I'm aware, I've got a 3 year contract with Sauber. Update your records?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

LMP cars haven't looked good for a good 10 years.

Well, the open top Acura ARX things are kind of neat, but other than that... they look like Jetsons cars.

SniffPetrol posted:

A jubilant Lewis Hamilton has been shaken from the elation of his second F1 world championship after realising that he must spend the next few months with the sound of Nicole Scherzinger.

‘Lewis is used to having a high pitched, painful noise right next to his ear,’ said a source close to the driver. ‘But for 19 weekends a year he can at least drown her out by driving his F1 car. In the off season, however, there’s only so many times he can claim he needs to ‘go away testing’.’

Sources say Hamilton’s other complaints about having to spend the whole winter with his girlfriend include ‘shower full of shampoo products’, ‘yoghurt for every meal’ and ‘still doesn’t understand difference between qualifying and race’.

‘After winning his second title Lewis can’t wait for the next season to begin,’ our mole continued. ‘Not because he wants to start trying for a third championship but because it means he can get away from that voice. It’s like crows being punched through a wood chipper.’

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

Aww, I would love to see one of those in person, especially landing or taking off. Those things are loving crazy also since when did the drat Russkies steal our space shuttle design? That poo poo is like straight up some Chinese-auto-industry-style theft.
They copied the Space Shuttle design, yes. The Russian government was baffled as to why the Americans went from the Saturn/Apollo to the shuttle, figuring it must have some crazy potential ability that they didn't know about yet.

Soooo they cloned it. Whilst the launch system (Engines were on the Energia rocket rather than the shuttle) was different, they were fundamentally very similar.

Their clone, Buran, made one spaceflight, orbited the earth, and then landed. All automated.

Buran Wiki Article

Also, they got their hands on a B29 Stratofortress, and made a like-for-like copy. So identical that the rudder pedals in the cockpit had "Boeing" on them.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

Here you go, Tsaedje.

That lighting setup makes Jenson look as old as Are Nige.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

*Sacrilege

Oh my.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

It is called dazzle camo. Used by ships in WW1 and car manufacturers today. It is to hide detail and lines.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

What does #SizeZeroF1Car mean, please explain to me Wicka or somebody thank you.
The car doesn't eat bread, and only drinks skinny decaf lattes.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

"10:58 Button drags a rough-sounding McLaren around again to post its first laptime of the day. A 1m54.655s is 33 seconds off the pace."

lol

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

CratSock posted:

And McLaren... Please do this:

Super Aguri 2.0

Which is apt, really.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Fumble posted:

I would like to see a 1000bhp ground effect f1 car hit a sausage kerb.
"brb shortcut"

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Brainwrong posted:

The liveries of 2015 in billiard balls.

Well done reddit, well done.
So do you pot the "44" ball at the end of the game?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Nigel Mansell had a robot car that was quite literally twice as good as everything else in the field in 1992.
The only thing Nigel is good for is Vettel's impersonation of him on Top Gear.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

Joking aside he probably was. He was far too childlike and spent way too much time in speedboats with young boys.
Senna'll fix it

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Keyser S0ze posted:

Lewis has definitely been visiting the Wayne Rooney Hair Club for Men. He refuses to be bald. :colbert:

he has white guy hair now.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

El Hefe posted:

He's been in the ICU for 3 days now for a minor crash

Yeah he's been Massaed
He's been crippled with depression after realising he left a team that might actually be good this year, for McLaren.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Lewis tests the new Porsche 911!

because it's rear heavy

right guys

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Dumb Username posted:

In more great news, guess who NISMO hired to drive their LMP1 GTR?

I can't not see Draco Malfoy, and I've never even watched a Lord of the Rings movie (or the hobbit)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

RALF posted:

Alonso got into a fatal karting accident in 1995 and everything that has happened after that is him living out his boyhood dream of being a F1 driver. In reality he's in purgatory and last month's crash made him start to wake up.
God, it's like TV Tropes is leaking into the thread. :v:

Possibly Chicken posted:

Oh no he can't #Forzajules anymore.
No, but he can #IndyCarRacingIIJules now.

Falken fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 6, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Barcelona? Well ok.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

NOTICE ME

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

Circuit Length: 2.892 miles (4.655 km)
Race Distance: 66 laps, 190.826 miles (307.024 km)
Lap record: 1:21.670 (Raikkonen, Ferrari, 2008)
2014 Pole: 1:25.232 (Hamilton, Mercedes)
2014 Fastest Lap: 1:28.918 (Vettel, Red Bull Racing)

In some ways, coming to The Circuit de Catalunya is celebrated with it being the start of the European leg of the season, and enthusiastic (racist) spectators it attracts. In others, it's hated for the typically dull racing thanks to the many high speed corners, so the best aero package will typically prevail. Overtaking is rather difficult, with exception of getting within DRS range of the car ahead on the main straight, and getting into a braking duel at Turn 1. To try to encourage more overtaking, the sweeper at Turn 14 was turned into a rather sharp chicane in 2007. All this has proved to do is ruin the flow of the circuit. Turn 3 has been the site of many an accident over the years, notably robbing Hamilton of the 2010 World Championship, and Alonso of the last 20 years of his life.
Oh, and Schumacher curb-stomped everyone here in 1995 in the wet.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Is that Sasha Grey? Didn't recognise her with clothes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

George Zimmer posted:

Can whoever is doing Red Bull please include this forgotten gem:

I want to say that's his mum, but I just seem to know they're in a relationship.

• Locked thread