Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I didn't see any mention of Lewis' brief conversation with royalty, but I recall it going something like this...

Prince Harry: :tipshat: "Well done, Lewis, you've made Britain proud!"
Lewis: :byodood: "WOOOOOO! CHAMPION!"

Or something to that effect. I tell you, it's as if he were raised on a couch in the slums like an animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'll write an intro for someone.

I can't wait to see Vettel in a terribly slow Ferrari, without Horner there to hold his hand and defend him when he acts like a spoiled brat. Kimi won't let him get away with poo poo, Iceman will run him off the circuit.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Sulman posted:

Kimi may struggle against Vettel's secret weapon, known to insiders as 'work ethic'.

Natural champions like the Iceman look upon feeble attempts to "train" and "practice" and "be fit" with cold Nordic scorn.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ukle posted:

If you throwing Team Bio's into the mix add my name to the list, just so I can hope I get Ferrari and then write a truthful and positive team bio.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oxymoron

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Actually, now that I think about it, how amazing would it be to see the 2015 Ferrari come up with some decent performance, but only by Kimi, with Super Seb trailing his teammate yet again, and further proving his eternal fraud status? I like that better.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

Both of them are bad drivers.

I won't specifically deny that remark, I'll only confirm that one is cool and worth supporting while the other is a fraud and a bad person and is also named Sebastian Vettel.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I actually thought Vettel was talented, and it wasn't just the car. I mean, he was faster than Webber right? Then I realized that was never the case, and Webber is embarrassingly bad.

Webber wasn't that slow, he suffered from 2nd driver syndrome at Red Bull, having the car made just for Sebby with little consideration to him. This is also known as Schumacher-itis, and has been known to afflict otherwise reasonable drivers Massa and Barichello.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

krushgroove posted:

If you guys actually want track bios then more goons will need to sign up, or some of you guys & gals will need to double up. If you only want to do one type of bio (e.g., you don't want to do a driver but want to do a team), post itt or PM me or something.

Just a driver bio for me.

Hamilton's display thing is supposed to indicate track position I think, which isn't that bad an idea by itself, but I thought it was going to be some kind of OLED on the rear wing endplates or something, not an obviously cobbled-on extra piece that looks exactly, as was pointed out already, like a giant 2 digit calculator.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Skarsnik posted:

And where there's only one race going on at once, not different series

And increasingly fewer cars on track as teams drop like flies.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

That's really not a bad assessment. I do dislike Hamilton, but can admit he is/was the better driver. I'd say Alonso, and then Hamilton are my choice for #1 and #2 drivers currently in the sport. Hamilton's aggressiveness can get him into trouble, but it is also what puts him at the front of the pack most of the time.

I also just wanted to make a mention of how lovely it was of McLaren to leave their drivers up in the air so late in the season. I wish Jenson had been able to say "OK, gently caress you Ron" and signed with any other relatively competitive team.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Fanatic posted:

It's gonna be real interesting to see how well Ferrari go next season without Alonso carrying the team.

The team will be supported on the mighty shoulders of Super Sebastian Vettel, mightiest of F1 champions and truest of heroes! Revel in the glory that is to come, tifosi! Revel!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

With a pit crew like that... "Guetta in"

Maybe Lewis uses Ronco (or is it GLH?) spray on hair for interviews and non-sweaty applications. He usually gives bad interviews. Anyone remember when he was on Top Gear and he tried to tell Clarkson about his "pimp wagon"?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

poty posted:

It was great please don't hate on Lewis because you're jealous of his success and natural hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LWCfAnRwY

Actually it was this one from 2008. Right after 4:00 he brings up the pimp wagon with 24" rims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpUQY-zoFnE

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Goddamn those Gulf Astons look good.

They do. Gulf and Martini livery looks good on just about anything, it's so classic and badass.

krushgroove posted:

But now when I'm pushing a trolley around the supermarket or biking to work I'll have to make not just the upshift/downshift noises with my mouth, but also the KERS and turbo sounds as well.

I am ashamed to admit I totally do this in my head while I'm walking through pedestrian traffic on my commute to/from the train station. And I usually take the racing line around the file cabinets in the office. :saddowns:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Gmaz posted:

If you have to make up that excuse, just admit that he is bad.

Kimi could totally be faster and better than YOUR driver, he just doesn't want to.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Good thing it isn't a display of drivers' socks. If Romain was an SA member that would be incredibly suspicious.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

serious gaylord posted:

He said on twitter that nothing will be said today.

Might as well keep stringing them along until the new season starts at this point.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Dudley posted:

Will they also decide on their title sponsor for 2014?

Mclaren Honda
-----------------------------
Your name here!
Call Ron (555) 555-5555

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

I like Hamilton till he misspelled chewbacca in a hashtag.

And yeti.

E: Unless he meant this: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Yetti

CratSock fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 4, 2014

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

simplefish posted:

and yet he what?

And yeti is still popular somehow?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

The driver announcement will definitely be before the first race and will definitely be announced alongside the title sponsor.

Probably.

...well, maybe.

...it's conceivably possible.

... nope, sorry chaps, maybe next month.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'm going to keep an eye on eBay for a sweet WDC trophy. Would look great next to my Star Wars commemorative plates and ceramic butterflies.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Alonso/Button is the best F1 thing I've seen in a while. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Hoping it won't be a Nando blowout, and closer to a 60/40, but secretly crossing my fingers for a Nico/Lewis head to head scenario with the new Super Honda Power rocketing McLaren to the front of the grid!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

captainOrbital posted:

Well, remember the out-of-nowhere glory that was Brawn! Will you change your name to McLatSock if Nando wins the WDC?

I will if Button wins it! Hell, I'll change it to ButtSock. Toxx me.

Was that picture photoshopped in any way or do they both just have huge melons?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

#McBobble

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Looking at it closer, it looks like Alonso is biting his lip. "That's it, just keep smiling... and 3... 2... 1..." cameraman leaves the room and they start fighting, turning into a cartoon tornado.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Butt Wizard posted:

I'm unsure how the technical partnerships will work at McLaren next year. Alonso likes oversteer but it ruins the tyres. Button likes a neutral balance but McLaren have only ever given him understeer, or so he complains. I don't know how much data they'll share anyway, but even if they did it wouldn't really help them out much.

It will be interesting to see. I assume they'll be developing around Alonso, but in any case will still put together a poo poo aero package, even if the Honda turns out to be a beast.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Riso posted:

No they won't, Podromou brings with him all of Newey's RBR aero secrets he could pilfer.

I hope this is true, but I just can't picture a McLaren at the front of the grid anymore. All they need to do is find a way to cheat interpret the rules most effectively to get a good start on the season.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

^ From the dirty couches of Stevenage to a glorious mansion in a tax haven. #trulyblessed #notax4me

Human Grand Prix posted:

They are still having a loving row over engine regulations. Give it a drat rest guys.

Keep fighting and changing things until the only one who can get it right and take advantage is Honda. Then freeze development.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

By cheating even harder to fraud himself back to the top.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Ferrari reduced to begging for pesos and hiring talentless frauds. Tifosi weep openly in the streets.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

It's alright, he can just pull a Red Bull after his last year with the team and toss whatever he doesn't want in a lake.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

You just can't beat the man. He has so much leverage, and doesn't seem to care what happens as long as he gets what he wants.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

As much as we love to hate him, I am honestly concerned about what will happen to the sport when he eventually dies* or retires. Will it become the Red Bull Formula 1 Grand Prix Series brought to you by Red Bull? Or maybe have some kind of ineffective board of directors approach to management. Or even worse, just have Horner in charge? I don't think anyone is as evil and manipulative as Bernie, and I kind of think that's what F1 needs. At least he has the balls to make decisions, and not just vacillate endlessly over... well, anything.

* if he actually proves to be mortal

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

I love big JEV op, hes way better than that shithouse bogan oval office at redbull.

Oh come on, Daniil isn't so bad.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Maybe they've been hard at work in the wind tunnel fabbing up some aerodynamic helmet extension that can safely encase his growing beard, and also by chance become the blown diffuser of 2015. #bearddiffuser #beardedandblessed

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Mimetic posted:

Lewis is in trouble then. They'll have to fix the setup on his car when his beard breaks up with him mid season.

Ha!

But for actual body hair related content, it hasn't been mentioned in a few pages... predictions for Lewis' hairline at the start of the season? Throwback glory maybe (thanks to new plugs)?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Butt Wizard posted:

Coulthard is a shitheel who still thinks it's going to be his year. He's unable to say anything bad about Red Bull, even when their sham star driver is being beaten by a kid who used to get beaten up by kangaroos. His commentary mostly consists of whinging about people who did better than he did, which is everyone else in Formula One history. And his interjections are usually to remind everyone how British a driver or team is and why that's amazing.

DC only has one weakness in his otherwise thoughtful and witty commentary... the fact that he uses the word "crucially" once every 3 minutes.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

keevo posted:

All I could hear from him during the start of the race is "concertina effect concertina effect concertina effect".

OK, that is true too, I'll admit to a second minor flaw in his otherwise above-reproach commentary. I think they make a big deal about the "penultimate lap" every race as well, but crucially, that's not exclusively his fault.

Concertina effect.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Some of those comments are amazing...

"Elisa Baker OMG got in trouble for these niggas ans don't even know them fine rear end niggas wish I did! !!!" -some white girl
"Shahab Roberson Maaan Bridge u should chevk me out lite skiiiiiinnn" -huh?
"Anton Hängröv Henricson why does he have a penis on his cap?.." -keen eyes there, Anton

Dudley posted:

GP2 and GP3 are the de facto "minor leagues" of F1 these days. They run almost exclusively on the same weekends as F1. GP2 is (as you might guess) above GP3.

Lewis and Nico both reached F1 after winning GP2. Valteri and Danil Kyvat both skipped there from GP3.

F2 and F3 are essentially the same thing but run by the FIA whereas GPx is Bernie led.

F2 no longer exists due to lack of interest. F3 runs as a european and several national series, the cars are effectively a level below GP3.

Thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Kimi looks beady eyed and chubby... Is "Flag Man" wearing a tie?

• Locked thread