Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

simplefish posted:

Yeah he is. I think he got a podium place last season, so it's no real surprise.

He's got that sweet sweet cartel money too. :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

CratSock posted:

Natural champions like the Iceman look upon feeble attempts to "train" and "practice" and "be fit" with cold Nordic scorn.

:agreed: you can't train pure talent.

Sign me up for driver bio's too. I'll be an alternate or whatever since it looks like we're already over. Fingers crossed for Big Pastor though!

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

I cant wait to read all the attempts at forced humour and unfunny jokes. Pause.

How would this be different than any other day in the thread though?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

gret posted:

Ron sounds a lot like another very successful racing team boss in Roger Penske.

Yeah, but a lot of people seem to like and respect ol' Rog.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

It must be nearly impossible to sell those trophies. I really hope those bandits stole them just to dump them into the sea.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Abner Assington posted:

Button/Alonso? :flashfap:

Its a cool driver lineup for sure. But McLaren is still a garbage team for idiots and it will be funny to watch them waste their last good years there.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

CoffeeBooze posted:

What other team could Button go too? Sure, he could have gone to WEC, but he has made clear that he wants to stay in F1. I dont understand why he would want to do that, but F1 seems to some how make drivers cling to their careers in the series way longer than they should. Hopefully Button wont become the next Rubens or Truli.

He's gonna get Kimi'd hard. Enjoy watching your favorite driver get thrashed in his last year Button fans.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

It'll be Rossi and some has-been with experience.

maybe Button actually

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

gret posted:

Rossi and Kimi.

I'm not nearly lucky enough for that to happen.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

A bunch of F1 people took a bunch of pictures where you can buy them now or something for charity.

Take a peek http://zoom-auction.com/gallery.htm

Click the name rather than Next Photographer cause otherwise it'll take you the 2012 gallery.

I want that James Hunt in a miller lite hat real hard. :allears:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Surprise of suprises. Korea has been swiftly dropped from the calender.

dont gently caress with americas movies

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

lol at the haas f1 team ever getting on track

Because the sport will have folded after Bernie's death this year?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

That Ferrari looks like a winner. WDC # 2 for Kimi incoming.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

This thread is loving retarded.

And I know a thing or two about being a retard. :smaug:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

how is this no one's AV?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Seems like it's going to be a three way fight between the Ferrari drivers and Pastor for the WDC.

hail satan

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Alonso was taken out by the mafia. You dont walk out on the Scuderia. blood in blood out :commissar:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

If I can't have Taylor Swift, I want Lewis to. Nicole must be turning in her grave.

lol if you think TSwizzle has any notion of who Lewis is, other than some short, balding man that talks funny.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

"Oh, whats that Lewis? You don't have a chrome disco ball in your kitchen? pity..."

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

this is excellent info and all but do you know if Hamilton is still following his
ex on twitter?

and people seriously think alonso got incapacitated by electric shock?!?!

Hammy and his ex are totes broken up

and dont be ridiculous, alonso was taken out with a poison bullet by the mob for crossing the Scuderia

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Kimi was faster than him in testing.

If (When) Kimi beats Vettle in the standings I will die from being too happy.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Alex Zanardi was pretty good until his legs fell off.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Drunk Canuck posted:

Honda is the best only because Toyota for some reason isn't back

come back to me Toyota

:smith:

in what universe has toyota ever been better at racing than Honda?

dont say nascar. or wrc

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Holy poo poo :stonk:

Yeah, just retire Alonso. That shitbox Mclaren isn't going to do anything for a long time.

and seriously, gently caress Ron Dennis

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Norns posted:

Where you at?

Mexico

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I'm going to be surprised if Mclaren finishes the race in Australia.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

simplefish posted:

code:
RED BULL
    TEAM - poopzilla

oh Christ, are you serious?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

:rip: Lewis

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

lmao. that loving owns

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

GramCracker posted:

Are Lewis does butts stuff with his trainer

https://instagram.com/p/0BK9IlL0zR/?modal=true

lewis is a huge fag and it looks like he pissed himself in that sweatshirt/robe whatever that is

also, ill try and write up a Redbull thing soon.

maybe

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

JFairfax posted:

Monaco is awesome

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Widen the track

You would literally have to knock down every building around the track to do that. Which is like half the city :psyduck:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

George Zimmer posted:

Can whoever is doing Red Bull please include this forgotten gem:

I keep forgeting the race is actually this weekend :woop:

but yeah, im supposed to do Red Bull and it wont be funny or good or on time. so anyone else please feel free to do it

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

Drivers often change their minds and sort things out for large sums of money, and legally Williams could probably have enforced that contract and had a driver who didn't want to race for them stuck in the car for a year. This case is the reverse though - he wants to race, he has a contract to race, and the team have acted as though he doesn't. It's not about VDG breaking a contract and whether that would affect his career, it's about Sauber breaking a contract and whether that will bankrupt them or prevent other drivers/sponsors/etc wanting to be associated with them.

And yeah, van der Garde isn't racing in F1 again unless he actually ends up in a Sauber this year. It's not really about the case, he's simply 29 and not very good and there will always be younger guys with rich daddies in GP2. The chances of there being such a run on pay drivers that his name comes up are basically zero.

Right, this is more like when Ferrari paid Kimi to gently caress off. But Sauber is sort of doing the same thing but they have no money to pay him off, or even pay him back.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Eagerly awaiting Sauber to die so we can have a five team season.

Let Ferrari run five cars imo

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

NoArmedMan posted:

Just woke up to the noise of Formula 1 cars, life is good

But they're soooo quite now, are you sleeping on the track?????

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

saw your post and got really annoyed, went to autosport as someone suggested to look at schedule there. gave up and went back to f1.com and promptly realised im an idiot and live in the same time zone as melbourne.

lmao

also yes, the new f1.com time thing is totally useless

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

as i said earlier i dont have time for a write up on Red Bull that will be of any value, but since the season is starting here goes.

Red Bull

Red Bull, the company that made a drink that is even unhealthier than soda, decided that they wanted to enter the most expensive form of motorsport on the planet. Because... well? I guess a lot of cocaine addicts are F1 fans, and when you run out of blow Red Bull is the next best thing.

So they bought some poo poo-rear end team that used to be owned by Ford and then used all their drug money to hire Adrian Newey the autistic chassis wizard to make really good cars. Because F1 is Satan’s favorite sport this worked out alarmingly well and The Fraud known as Sebastian Vettel won a whole shitload of races and a bunch of bullshit championships. Then he got cocky and left because he’s stupid and german.

Also this guy works there I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Ron Dennis should be fired into the sun and immediately replaced by Flavio ‘Sex Bomb’ Briatore. That’s the only way to make Mclaren slightly tolerable.

• Locked thread